General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 12:27 AM   #1  

Question Body Solutions = scam?

Hey guys,

I mentioned to my older bro that I'm posting msgs on this website and there's a lot of cool people who know a lot here He's officially obese now and he's just started on a really strict low-cal diet. Anyway, he was wondering if I would ask ya'll bout Body Solutions. It's been advertised on the radio so much that I think he's interested in trying it. What's the deal again? Something bout mixing the stuff with water and drinking it before you sleep and then the weight comes off while you sleep? Supposedly you don't necessarily have to change your diet or exercise, correct? I'd appreciate hearing anything about it - thanks so much!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 05:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/239/150

Height: 5'6

Default hello Neiko

Hi there!
As you will have already heard in other threads, something that sounds that easy - just can't be that good.

From reading all your posts it sounds to me like you are looking for the "Magic Formula" so here it is:

Eat well, Exercise More!.

No matter what we would like to believe, the only way to permanent, healthy weight loss is with a quality eating programme, and regular workouts.

After years of being seriously obese, and trying almost everything, I have finally found the answer to my weight problem. I have now adopted the Body for Life programme as a Permanent Lifestyle and I am loving it. Yes - it is hard work, Yes it takes planning and preparation - but is it worth it - YES!!!

If your brother is seriously looking to make a change in his life, then he needs to find a serious answer. (and it should be noted that there is NO need for him to be on a strict LOW CAL diet - he could eat a lot more and still lose weight)
I personally would recommend Body for life, (www.bodyforlife.com) as a complete, balanced approach, but you should research and educate yourself to find something that makes sense to you.

I hope you both find a healthy way to achieve your goals
Old 04-03-2002, 01:07 PM   #3  

Neiko,

I've read where the reason people are losing wt with the Body Solutions is because you can't eat 3 hours before taking it. Therefore, they are getting people to stop snacking in the evenings! That, right there, would take off a few pounds. Also, when you get the stuff, the info tells you to cut back on food intake and get more exercise!! So, you could just drink plain water before bed and accomplish the same thing.

Tell him to save his money.

Good luck to you both.

Gayle
Closed Thread