General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 12:24 AM   #1  

Default to all doing the WW freedom plan

Hi all, need some help please. Could you please list what is a serving on the WW Freedom Plan? Ex. protein-1 ounce ? bread- how much bread, pasta or cereal grain? Also is a serving of fat a tsp.? Thanks so much.
S.
Old 04-28-2002, 04:23 PM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi, I'm doing the old ww exchange program. Just ended my 3rd week and have lost 8.5 lbs. Here is a link about the plan. I hope this helps.

Have you been on this one before? I am having a difficult time figuring out recipes and how to count them. Everything is points these days. (Which I did try a couple of years ago. I starved and lost 2.5 lbs in a month. Not enough for me. I got discouraged and gave up. Everytime I've been on this one I've had excellent success. Once after my son was born and once before my trip to FL course going on vacation got me out of the plan. Now trying again.)

Good luck.

http://www.geocities.com/george_draper/foodlists.htm
Old 04-28-2002, 08:44 PM   #3  

I am on weight watchers as well, but I am on the points system. How does on go about getting on the exchange program? Is it something they offer at the meetings?
Old 04-29-2002, 05:55 AM   #4  

The exchange program is an old ww program. I don't believe it's available through ww anymore since the point program came out. I began the exchange program in 91 and lost 48 lbs. I kept it off (most of it) for years until I had my appendix removed and boom! it all came back plus 30lbs. Through prayer and the program I am motivated to see it through. If the points program is working for you, stick with it. I didn't work for me when I tried a couple of years ago. The exchange program is best for me. However, everything I find on the net is about the points program. Granted the points are easier to follow than the exchange, it's just not what my body responds to.

Good luck.
Old 04-30-2002, 08:28 PM   #5  

I'm getting ready to start on the Freedom Plan. It's the plan I lost all my weight on, even though I gained it all back. But it took 18 years quitting smoking and a hysterocoty(?) to gain it back. It's a plan I can live with. I tried the point system and gained weight. It gave me too much freedom.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:19 PM   #6  

Default for JBuress

Hi there, I also never had a weight problem until my hysterectomy. I've been to WW and I don't like the pts. system much. Could you explain the Freedom Plan to me. Also will I be able to use the servings amount from the pts. plan with the Freedom Plan? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Good luck to you, I'm sure if you've done well in the past with the Freedom Plan you will do so again!! TIA.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:48 AM   #7  

This is the plan I'm following. I don't know about the servings. I think some things you may get to eat more than one the points Like low cal or fat free bread 2 slices is one serving. On my points info it was 2 points.

http://www.geocities.com/george_draper/foodlists.htm
Old 05-01-2002, 05:08 AM   #8  

Soulmoon, go to ShineALite's suggested link. That page has all the information you need about the Freedom Plan.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:26 PM   #9  

Default can't locate freedom plan foodlist

Hello all, I went to link for the Freedom Plan foodlist provided above and could not access it. Help! What can I do? There were about 66 links but none that contained...george_draper/foodlists.htm
Old 05-01-2002, 03:43 PM   #10  

Default Finally found the ww Freedom Plan list

Hello, just searched a little harder and found it!! Thanks for the help.
Old 05-01-2002, 05:37 PM   #11  

Sorry about the link. I thought is was a good one.

Does anyone know how to figure exchanges when making a recipe? Especially casseroles? It's been so long I don't remember whether or not we were ever instructed.

Thanks for the help

181/171/121
Old 05-01-2002, 11:38 PM   #12  

Default Freedom Plan

No problem about the link ShineALite!! You pose a good question about measuring exchanges for casseroles. I don't remember receiving any instructions about this. I just tend to use free veggies and then eyeball the pasta or rice. I'm vegetarian so I don't worry about meat etc. BTW, you're doing great, I see you're down 10 lbs.!! I just started on this plan and I lost 3 lbs. my first week. I take yoga classes 5x a week and plan to start riding my bike again.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:49 AM   #13  

Thanks for the encouragement soulmoon. I'd probably loose more if I'd do the um ("e") word.

Your doing great too! Stick with it. You'll make it too.

Old 05-05-2002, 01:47 PM   #14  

How is everyone doing? Good I hope. I thought I post my weigh in for the week

Down 1.5

Total 10

How is everyone else doing?
Old 05-05-2002, 11:15 PM   #15  

Default WW Freedom Plan

Good going ShineALite! I weigh in on Mon. morn. So I have to wait until then to see how I've done this week. I've really been working out a lot, so I'm trying to remain positive if I see a slight gain. This has happened before due to the glycogen in the muscles holding on to some H20. I've been true to the program, so if there is a slight gain I KNOW this is only water weight. Last time I was working out this much it was the third week when I really started to see significant weight loss.
Closed Thread