General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #91  

Height: 5'8"

I am not sure why there are members worried about all the first posts here. I have been an on and off member on here for several years. I came back to it from a google search on wendy chant. So I am sure they are just researching trying to make decisions. I think this site was created for that reason. I don't see a problem with someone browsing through trying to learn and only posting once. Maybe that is all they need.
Now, on to the subject of this thread.
I am now on day 4 of week one. I can't believe I have made it this far. I am amazed. I haven't felt deprived. I have lost 5 lbs so far. I just want this to be a good start to a change in my diet habits. I think I am on my way!
I found another forum that has daily threads for code crackers. PM me if you want the link, not sure if I can post it here.
Good luck to everyone!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 05:21 AM   #92  

Were you aware that Wendy is in the 4th stage of Colon Rectal Cancer and is battling for her life?
Old 10-31-2009, 01:11 PM   #93  

Donna KD i would love to have the site you are taking about but, i am new to all these boards and i have no idea what PM me means???? sorry..... please let me know and i will do that...
Donna i figured it out but i can not send it to you b/c i do not have enough post here yet my PM's will only go to staff darn... maybe you can PM me???? thanks anyway

Poster agehr... i had no idea Wendy was going through that i just got her books and i could tell something was going on in the Acknowledgments the way she thank the Dr. and staff... i pray she will be OK.... i am going through Breast Cancer not the same but, i can relate to what she is feeling etc....

Last edited by mandkcook; 10-31-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #94  
yoyomama

S/C/G: 241/241/160

Height: 5'4''

Just read the First magazine article and I am going to start the crack the fat-loss code plan tomorrow. I plan to order Wendy's book(s).

Can anyone tell me if it is worthwhile to buy both books ? If I were to get just one, which would be the best to buy ?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #95  

HI beless.... i ordered both books i have no idea why i did that but, i did... and i have no idea which one i should start with... i have been reading her 2nd book... so i think i will give that a shot... i am glad you are starting maybe we can motivate eachother... i wanted to start today but, was too busy over the weekend to prepare so here i am on Monday NOT starting i have to get it together and get this thing going!!!!
i would like to find another website for support this one does not seem to be very active....i saw one poster mentioned another forum but, i can't PM her i have not posted enough on this website... SIGH....
Old 11-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'4"

Default donnakd

Donna, i tried to PM you but because I am new and don't have enough posts I can't. I really would like that link
Old 11-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 280/280/145

Height: 67''

Default Crack the fat loss code

Hello, i am new to this.. just thought I would drop a line to let whom ever is interested, I found the book on EBAY. It cost me $13.93 I am excited to get going. That is including shipping. She only has 2 more left. Thanks again.....
Old 11-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #98  

Wink

Hey everyone! I am new here and hope you don't mind me jumping in.

I turned 40 in Aug and my husband threw me a surprise party and when I got the pictures back I was shocked at how fat I was! That prompted me to find a diet that would give me results so I could stick with it! I started the diet and I am on day 9 and so far I have lost 10 pounds. Day 2, I had such a headache (probably from not drinking soda) but pushed through because I had read that this may happen. I think this is one of the easiest "ways of life" that I have ever tried and with this plan, I have loose clothes, sleep through the night (which hasn't happened in a long time), I feel better and look better too. My thyroid lump has gone down and my face is way thinner and I think I look younger without all that fat on my face!!LOL

I was hoping that someone could give me a good protein shake to try. I love the recipe for the oatmeal with the vanilla power added but would like to know if there are any tasty ones out there or are they all chalky and gross? I'd like to try a chocolate one as well. Also can you tell me where you bought it from...I can only seen to find the soy ones. And hey, do you add milk to your oatmeal? I add water but i'd rather add skim milk so it's creamier.

Well thanks for listening to my story...I wish you all many blessings and lots of pounds lost!
Tra from NJ

Last edited by aprilblessing; 11-03-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #99  

HI Aprilblessing i am so glad you posted.. .i too just turned 40 also.... i bought both books.. which book are you doing???
i was going to start with book 2 but, i read somewhere that if you have more than 50lbs to lose you should start with book 1 ( i think i read that on Wendy's website) i really need to just go to the food section and see what i need to go buy... i am having a hard time finding the time to read the book w/ work - kids etc.... sigh...
i would really like to find a more active site for support but, i can not seem to find one at all for this diet and Donnakd said to PM her and i did but, she has not responded.
Best of luck to you Aprilblessings i was so happy to see your post you have motivated me to just GET IT DONE start the diet!!!!
i would like to know if you are doing crack the fat loss or her 2nd book..
Old 11-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #100  

oh aprilblessings i forgot to tell you that JayRobb has some really good shakes... i like the egg ones and the whey ones ... to me the whey ones are too sweet i prefer the egg shakes but, they have no soy!!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #101  
Wendy Chan't Biz Partner

Hi everybody! I'm Wendy Chant's partner and I wanted to introduce myself and let you all know that I'm here to help. Wendy recommends staying away from soy because it raises bad estrogen in the body and can potentially be bad for you fat loss goals and even lead to other health issues. There's a lot of companies that will make you think otherwise because they sell soy, but for the purposes of Wendy's program and meal plans, stay away from soy.

I also wanted to let everybody know that Wendy is very ill with cancer and I will be taking over her company to help carry on her life changing message.

If you're wondering about some of the confusion from her books, I can tell you that this was publisher mistakes and not Wendy. Her and I have talked about how she has limited control when writing a book. That's why her and I have developed a weekly training program called Get Lean In 12.

I hope this helps clear up confusion and I'm here to answer any questions you may have. My wife lost 8 pounds the first week and 18 pounds in just 8 weeks. I've personally used these methods to maintain 8% body fat year round.

Good luck to everybody because this stuff works!!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandkcook View Post
HI Aprilblessing i am so glad you posted.. .i too just turned 40 also.... i bought both books.. which book are you doing???
i was going to start with book 2 but, i read somewhere that if you have more than 50lbs to lose you should start with book 1 ( i think i read that on Wendy's website) i really need to just go to the food section and see what i need to go buy... i am having a hard time finding the time to read the book w/ work - kids etc.... sigh...
i would really like to find a more active site for support but, i can not seem to find one at all for this diet and Donnakd said to PM her and i did but, she has not responded.
Best of luck to you Aprilblessings i was so happy to see your post you have motivated me to just GET IT DONE start the diet!!!!
i would like to know if you are doing crack the fat loss or her 2nd book..
Hello MandKcook! Thank you so much for responding. I too didn't know where else to go to stay motivated and ask questions so I am so glad I found this site and you too.

I am doing the "crack" book. I had already started doing this one when I found a website that talked about the "conquer". In the other site the people were saying that the "conquer" book was easier because you don't do a full week of carb deplete-I think you only do 4 days but...they said that you lose weight slower on that plan. If that made any sense. SO I stuck with my "crack" book. SO far I have lost 10 pounds and feel great...I am never hungry in fact I have a party coming up and was cleaning for a couple hours and by the time I sat down at 10, I realized that I hadn't eaten dinner. I wasn't about to eat a full meal that late at night so I just had a cheese stick just to have something in my tummy overnight. And guess what...didn't lose an ounce! It seems like for me...the more I eat the more I lose! So although I didn't "not eat dinner" on purpose, I will never make that mistake again-I will on time so my body has fat to burn.

Are you going to start on Monday? I'll tell you my only problem was a headache/tired on day 2 (but that was prob. from not drinking soda). Days 5 & 6 I didn't lose anything but when day 7 came around I lost another 2 pounds. I read from others that you should not be weighing yourself everyday...I try, I really try not to but I am so excited to see results because I feel so good. So don't expect weight loss every day but stick with because I swear I am losing inches-even when i an not losing weight!

I am so proud also that I haven't had not even a bite of Halloween candy and with two kids...I thought it would be really hard to look at that bowl everyday but "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" (stole that from weight watchers) and that thin feeling keeps me motivated. My favorite motivation is "I've come too far to start taking orders from a cookie" (or in my case a reeses peanut butter cup)!!!

Thanks also for the suggestions to the protein shakes-i will definately go look for them. So if you haven't started yet...get going...all those pounds are waiting to fall off. And please post back so we can hear how you are doing and I will too.

Wishing you all many pounds lost...
Tra
Old 11-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #103  

Hi Tra, (Aprilblessings) thanks for posting back i am so proud of you, you are doing so AWESOME!!!!!
well i am going to go with the "crack" book and then maybe after 8 weeks switch over to the 2nd book!!!! i am just going to sit down and figure out what i need to go buy and just do it... so Monday i will be on!!!!!! it is so encouraging to hear that you are doing so well and the plan doesn't seem to be terribly hard for anyone everyone seems to be full and satisfied once they get over that first week... aaaccckkk that will be hard for me too b/c i am use to drinking one diet drink a day and i guess we can't the first week....
thanks again for posting and keep up the good work,
have a great day and i will chat with you soon,
Karrie
Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 250+/224/160

Damn, damn, and double damn!!! I was logged in, but when I went to post my message, it said I wasn't logged in. Needless to say, but I'm saying it here, my full post is now lost in the web somewhere.

Here's the gist:
I'm in week 3 of Crack the Fat Loss Code. Lost around 12 pounds so far.

Week 1 is the hardest, but keep eating all your meals! Drink Your Water!!!

Yes, most of the first week's weight loss IS WATER.

I am down 1" in my waist.

I find most of the recipes to be mediocre at best, inedible at worst.

Protein powder does not taste good with only water. It's marginally better with Crystal Light.

Broccoli is actually good! O Organics frozen is quite yummy!

I have not started a regimented exercise program. I use my home stairs, park far from stores, etc.

Book 2 is good if you've already done the first 8 week program. It goes into the science of exercise in depth. I am thoroughly confused at this point. Too many rules for my tiny, carb depleted brain to grasp. lol

I got thru Halloween without a single piece of candy eaten!

This has been my 2 cents worth!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 250+/224/160

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleberry View Post
All these "new" posters posting in ONLY this thread is raising HUGE RED FLAGS for me, and I hope that all REGULAR 3FC posters are made WELL AWARE of how odd it is to have multiple new accounts in this ONE thread.

So please beware of this diet and its claims. It is very fishy.
Just because someone has only posted once should not discount their opinion.
What makes your program or opinion more valid than a first time poster?
Aren't we frequenting this board for help, support, advice?
Are we less than you because we are new to this?

(these questions are basically rhetorical, btw.)
Closed Thread