General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 05:11 PM   #1  

Angry Hi all! Mrs. Jim was talking about you all...

So I thought I would stop by.

Looks like you have a GREAT support system here. I'll have to pop my head in every once in a while.
Old 02-19-2002, 05:41 PM   #2  
On the Move Chickaroo!!!

Default Hello there...

Pam...........hi there..........have never spoken to you before but have heard wonderful things from Mrs.Jim.........and well anyone who goes to L&S......plus..........I have read your profile........as well as the article in Energy magazine.........

I would like to say you look wonderful.....

You see.........I heard about BFL about ooooooohhhhhhh 2.5 yrs ago from my brother........who follows BFL........and well was a tad bit skeptical when I saw the photos for the book.......I figrued it was just a gimmick.........until I landing on the BLF thread on this site.......and when I saw........actual everyday people......with home pics.........I was in awe........and every transformation from that moment on........made me believe.......or should I say know without a doubt.......that I could do this too......

You are an inspiration.........*I know that isn't the first time you have heard that*..........all the best to you and your family......

and thanks for stopping in.....

Kelly....
Old 02-19-2002, 06:05 PM   #3  

Default Nice to meet you, Kelster!

It thrills me to no end to be able to inspire people out there. Everyone is able to inspire a unique circle of people. You never know who you have been inspiring!!

Live life with no regrets... go for your dreams!!

Pam
Old 02-19-2002, 06:15 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Talking OMG!!! PAM!!!

Wow! What a surprise!!!

Didja see our BFL thread (started by our own Susanje (SJ at L&S) last year??) I am so thrilled that you came by to visit us!!

Note to all non-BFL people: Pam is one of the most inspiring people you could ever hope to meet or hear about...her story is featured in the latest issue (Jan/Feb 2002) of Energy for Women magazine...not only is she inspiring and motivating but also one of the kindest, sweetest people I've ever spoken to...check out her before and after pix at www.leanandstrong.com 's Transformation Gallery!

Do stop by again - we have a lot of folk here at 3FC who would LOVE your brand of motivation! Take care sweetie...and I will see you at the L&S Challenge in North Carolina (YES I am planning on attending!).
Old 02-20-2002, 08:29 AM   #5  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Default What an honor!

My gracious!!

Pam, welcome! This place is what got me to L&S and also to read your inspiring story. You left a very kind post regarding my profile over there about being "solid."

Several amazing women here have also helped inspire me to stay the course. Like yourself, they are far too humble about themselves, and all of you show me every day that it can be done!

Blessings!
Old 02-20-2002, 09:47 AM   #6  
Spicy Chick

Default Pam looks great

I checked out the thread Mrs. Jim; What a awesome transformation; looking at her at 244 lbs, I have never weighed anything near that..and to think how she transformed her body, she looks good at 188.

She is proof it can be done!! Thanks for sharing..
Old 02-20-2002, 10:09 AM   #7  

Default Thanks!

I hope to keep inspiring where I can. Everyone has a group of people they can inspire because those people can relate to them best.

Who do you plan on inspiring? Everyone of you can!!!
Old 02-20-2002, 10:10 AM   #8  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Just to make it easier for y'all...

I'm going to attempt to attach Pam's pix...
You can see this same collage (larger size) in the L&S Transformation Gallery...
Old 02-20-2002, 10:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

Talking WOW!!!

PAM!! You look AMAZING!!!

I am still in the process of reading my Body For Life book so I'm new to the Program. But seeing your pictures has truly inspired me to reach my goal!! Thanks so much!!
Old 02-20-2002, 11:49 AM   #10  

Hi Pam!!!!

I haven't talked to you in a while but I think about you every day!
I have been struggling so much since being sick last summer (right after I completed a very successful C1) and struggling with my health and schedule and one doctor telling me this and another telling me that and law school just being so difficult in the second year (not as hard as first but much more busy). It seems like every single day I feel some big life challenge just to get through each day. When I get really frustrated (as I have been lately) I think Pam did it...I can do it. I know you had some backslides after one of your challenge and I know you kept plugging away and that is what keeps me in the game. I haven't finished a C2 in spite of numerous attempts since August and I'm very very very frustrated but I think of you and I know that as long as I don't quit, I'm still okay and I keep going....I am taking it one day at a time and trying to do my very best each day. and being honest about it...I think I was feeling like giving up...but I keep going thanks to people like you and MrsJim and others who just keep doing it.

I haven't posted on L&S in a looooooooooooooooooong time because I love it there and would like to do nothing else but hang out all day there. I miss everyone there...but like the BFL threads here...especially with our own MrsJim as our big cheerleader (walking the talk as well as she does).

I am happy you showed up (andQZ a week or so ago) here. I love you lady! Thanks for being you.
Susanje (SJ on L&S)
Old 02-20-2002, 12:59 PM   #11  

Default Thanks!

Keep on going!! You CAN do it! Here's something I posted on LEANandSTRONG just last night...

It's not the person who falls down the least number of times who succeeds...
it is the person who picks him/herself up the most number of times who succeeds.

I can relate. When I was finally able to master the art of rejuvenating my motivation after "failure", I became more
successful.

It used to be if I ate a cookie, I would feel so guilty that I would eat a few more, then the day was shot so I ate poorly the
rest of the day, well then, the week was shot, so I would eat poorly the rest of the week and restart my "diet" on Monday.
Now, if I falter and eat something I didn't plan on eating, I write it off, pick myself up, remind myself why I am doing this
(for me) and I get right back to healthy eating. What a difference this has made for me.

Bill was right when he pointed out "progress, not perfection".

Thought this might be a helpful message for you. Continue to work on mastering your so-called failures (they are really NOT failures) and move on. You WILL succeed!!
Old 02-20-2002, 01:54 PM   #12  

Talking Hiya Pam!!!

Just thrilled that you popped in here! I read your L&S post today about falling and getting back up again - progress not perfection. I loved the post and I couldn't help but chuckle because it reminded me of something funny that happened to me last year.

I had started doing self talk in my head to try and conquer the food monster. When he comes out I open the door and then say oh well you're here - you might as well stay awhile - the guest that never leaves. Anyway I was concentrating so hard on this in my head one day "I am not going to eat you - You don't have control in my life". Much to my dismay I looked up at the people sitting on the bus staring at me. I realized that I must have said it out loud! I laughed "my you know what off" after I got off at the next stop.

For me it's about taking responsibility for my health and my life and forgiving myself when I am not perfect! I also try to keep my thoughts to myself now!

Thanks Pam for remembering where you started and giving us all the inspiration to do it too! And I don't mean just the physical aspect because I know you had alot of other things to contend with at the time - and sometimes THAT is where you build your real strength.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:19 PM   #13  
Uber-Moderator!!

Talking Just thought I'd mention here...

Mentioned this before on a previous thread...

but for those of you lurkers/posters who are suffering from the dreaded malady of "Scale Addiction", whose every mood swing focuses on the number you saw in the bathroom this morning...and those of you who have been torturing yourselves on limited calorie and low fat unliveable diets trying to get down to that elusive 'goal weight'...who believe that the scale really matters...

Check out the Jan/Feb issue of Energy for Women...read the story about Pam...look at the pix...and know this: Pam's scale weight was 160 pounds (5'6" tall) at the time those photos were taken!!

Need I say more?
Old 02-21-2002, 11:14 AM   #14  

Is that issue still on the stands? I have not been able to find it.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:42 AM   #15  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Energy for Women??

Susan -

Check at Tower Records, the one near my house had a slew of 'em...I was just there on Sunday (after my free meal at Kincaids...yummy...).

I felt like running around the store showing everyone page 122 and saying SEE! You CAN do this too!!!!!

Come to think of it, we were at Tower a couple weeks prior and I don't remember seeing Energy...could be they just got their copies late - remember it's still a new magazine...
Closed Thread