General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #1  
Stressed out Mom/Student

S/C/G: 194/184/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Any other Clean Eaters?

Is anyone else out there doing Clean Eating a la Tosca Reno and Oxygen magazine.

Does anyone have any reason why I shouldn't be going it?
doubtingJulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I call it "whole foods" and not "clean eating" but yeah, I lost weight and am keeping it off with a combination of eating whole foods and calorie counting. I try to avoid as much processed foods as possible and concentrate on eating a mostly plant based diet I'm not perfect and I do buy a lot of convenience foods (salad dressing, whole wheat tortillas etc) but I try to buy as much organic "box" foods as possible and I eat a TON of produce.

The only reason I could think NOT to do it is it takes a lot of time - cooking, shopping, packing lunches, etc. There is also some social awkwardness - I don't eat fast food, I don't eat packaged baked goods, I don't eat chips, pretzels, etc etc so sometimes I feel like I don't fit in.

Overall, my health is stunning, my skin is gorgeous and I lost 70 lbs and have kept it off for 3 years, I would highly recommend a whole foods approach. Feel free to join us in the Whole Foods forum!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Glory87-

Your before/after photos are truly amazing and inspirational!!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you mean clean eating, as in eating as many whole foods as possible-I try to aim for this as well, along with calorie counting and exercise. I don't use a specific book/Oxygen magazine, but I try to eat as many fruits and veggies as I can, and avoid processed foods when I can.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote