General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #1  
Sexy momma in progress

S/C/G: 320/290/140

Default Paleo/ caveman/ hunter-gatherer suppourt thread :)

Hi Im Autumn, I'm 33 years old. Im a sahm to a 2 year old and have been married for 6 years.

I started doing the paleo diet about 1 1/2 months ago. I never realized how much I needed to do it and what a blessing to be able to find out about it.

I have had ibs for years ( or so they told me) everything I ate bothered me and for the first time in my life I have no stomach problems, no back aches after 8 years of pain, no brain fog and finally no more tiredness. I had heard of celiac disease but I thought you had to be underweight. Imagine my surprise when everything clicked from what I went through. Pcos, infertility, ibs, sciatic pain, hypothyroidism all auto immune and linked to celiac disease.

It came on strong after the birth of my dd which I found out is common.

Ive not had the testing yet. Trying to be healthy and sick of the side effects and not wanting to feel yucky again just for a test.

Im looking for some suppourt of any followers of the diet. Feel free to join in
AutumnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:41 PM   #2  

Hi Autumn

I just finished reading about the paleodiet (Neanderthin) and started it today.
I'm hoping it clears up a lot of my current symptoms such as fatigue, digestive problkems and simply feeling *yukky* as you put it.
I'm willing to give it a few months to see if I feel any better.

Hope to hear from you some more.
PG

Last edited by Paleogal; 06-28-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Paleogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #3  
Sexy momma in progress

S/C/G: 320/290/140

Hi Paleogal, Im sorry I didnt reply sooner. I hope your around still. I have been very busy lately getting our house up for sale. Unfortunately I went off the diet, found out I do have celiac disease and desperately trying to get on track. I dont if there are pm's on this board. Ill try and pm you

Autumn
AutumnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #4  
Susan hockeyfan7

Hi Autumn - I just sent you a PM. I follow this style plan too now. I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a little over a year ago. I find most of the gluten-free breads, etc. on the market just taste nasty to me. So I stick to corn-on-the-cob and an occasional potato.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote