General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #106  

Height: 5'4"

Shy: So proud of you for going to the gym with your busy life...Once you get in the habit of going, you will find you must do it or not feel as good.
Oh my, just read you fell...Oh for shame...I hope you get over the fall fast and not hold you back.

Florida: Welcome Honey...Stay with us for encouragment if nothing else...

Tammy: So glad you had a wonderful time with son home...take care.

Sis: Thank you for going to see SweetPea....We are getting very excited about picking her up and seeing you...I love you so:

Girls: I lost 5 lbs this week....HurRay!!!!of course one was that darn lb i had gained last week so I guess really 4 lbs...ah! heck, I take credit for the whole 5 lbs....making it 17 lbs down now....so happy...I got to make that 3 more lbs by the end of the month....I am trying....
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #107  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Bionic, that is great 5 lbs!!!! WOW

Yeah my back is hurting from the fall now...I may have to rest a bit tonight and sit in the jacuzzi (aww shucks). But I am already looking forward to wednesday morning at the gym! So that is good!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:58 PM   #108  

Girls: Notice the latest picture of SweetPea in her new bed that
Sis took to her....Sis says Sweet Pea is a Rolly Polie...I love her already and can hardly wait to get her the end of March...She is bearly 3 weeks old now...
Old 02-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #109  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Florida
Nice going on the weight loss. I can understand why you feel good about yourself. Just seeing a bit of weight come off makes all of us feel good. You are doing some great things. No fast food, packing your lunch. All those things make a difference. Calories in calories out that is what it is all about. We all find what works for us and that is what we do. Sometimes it seems hard to fit everything in. At times, I sure can understand that. Many people say they don't exercise at all and they lose weight. For me, I haven't lost any more weight while I am exercising than I did before I started exercising. Maybe this is because I am gaining muscle and losing fat all at the same time. Exercise is important. It helps to burn off fat and make good muscles. I hope it helps me tone as I go along so when I get where I want to be I look like I want to look lol. It is good for the heart and lungs. What we are doing isn't just about losing weight. It is about becoming a healthy person. A little exercise is better than no exercise just keep that in mind. Alli is a great tool ( if you can use it ) to help boost that weight loss. For some, it is a physiological tool as well as a physical tool. Exercise is more than going to the gym or walking a track. Walk when you can, take the steps instead of the elevator. Don't use that remote get up and change the channel. I have always had a handicap ticket. I walk when the weather isn't to cold. It all helps. lol some people love nutrasystem some hate it. I think it all depends on ones taste buds. I understand about money too, I don't belong to a gym. I have a few walking/aerobic videos and a set of dumbbells.

Still
Good for you. I hope things go well at the gym. Just remember give things time. We didn't gain the weight over night and we sure aren't going to lose it over night. Your body is going to feel so good getting the exercise in. Just getting the muscles stretched makes you feel good. Sure hope you are feeling better after that fall. I remember my mother fell one time. She was probably 250lbs. I was a bit worried. She said to me, you know I found something out. I said what. She said, fat people don't bounce. I will never forget that and it makes me laugh every time I think about her saying that. I sure know I never bounced lol.

Bionic
WOW 5lbs that is terrific. I am plugging away at 1lb a week lol. I don't belong to a gym. I can't afford that. I do a 1 to 2 mile walking/aerobic video in the morning and a 1 to 2 mile walking/aerobic video in the evening Monday - Friday. Mon, Wed, and Fri I do 40 mins of resistance training with either dumbbells or stretchy cords. This really doesn't take as much time as you would think between 50 to 90 min a day. I also use the Leslie Sansone toning videos. We found we can go to the local tennis/pool club for about 160 dollars a year and since my daughter plays tennis and they give free tennis lessons we might go there and split the cost between us. She will get the advanced lessons and I will be taught how to hit the ball lol. While she practices ( her tennis team at school also uses those courts to practice and have games on ) I can use the pool. I do know when the knee is acting up and I can't do my routine I really hate it. Feels so good to get the body moving.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-25-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #110  

Shy: Hey girl, looking at your graph, you are doing one very fine job...Hubby and I can go to the water class 3 days per week for only $46.00 per month...thats such a good price...I wished I weighted what you do now....someday I hope...I'll tell you something right now...If and when i get it off I plan to weigh every day and nip any gain right away....At least that is my plan now...

My pain level is about an 8 today even with the pain pill....so tired some days of the pain but I couldn't remember if I took the pain pill or not so have to suffer and find out...Forgive me for crying on your backs, but sometimes you get have to get it off your mind and share it....thanks for listening.

I go tomorrow to find out about my Mamogram....this pain is right behind my boob which I have fallen on twice...not the one I had Cancer in....

Oh well, I am happy about my weight loss and trying to stay positive...

i did go to water class this morning and walked my mile this afternoon....tired and going to go lie down....

Best to everyone....Love and cheers...Lu
Old 02-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #111  

LAUGH FOR THE DAY:
A lady goes to the doctor for her yearly exam...First question she is asked is "How much do you weight?" She answered "110 lb."
The nurse weighs her and says "Wrong, you weight 140 lbs....

Next question, "How tall are you?" "She answered 5ft 8 inches."
Nurse measures her height and says, "Wrong again, you are 5ft 5"

Nurse takes her Blood Pressure and says, "Your Blood Pressure is quite high".
The lady screams and says "Of course it high, I came in here Slender and tall and now I'm Short and fat !!!"

Hope this makes all of you smile and laugh for the day...love ya, Lu
Old 02-25-2008, 07:38 PM   #112  
Rennie

Bionic
I checked at the local Y for the water classes, this was something I really wanted to do for my body. 25 dollars a week for 3 days a week. No wonder they built the Y in the expensive part of town lol. For me the weight was more about meads than what I ate. Oh ya sure, I got so darn big I didn't bother to watch what I was eating anymore but probably 90% of the weight gain was from the meads. I pretty much eat now the way I ate when I was thin. That isn't really true lol, I eat a ton more than when I was thin, I never ate enough. I don't do without a thing but I stay within some guide lines I have given myself. I do exercise more now than I ever did. Sure does help to make the joints feel better most days. I am so sorry you are in pain. Pain can just make a person crazy. Don't worry about complaining or needing to talk about it. I do understand. Sometimes you just need to get it out and make others appreciate what they have. A pain free life. I am saving for a nice big hot tub. Oh my gosh, doing the exercises I have for my joints and my back in the hot tub feels so darn good and the pain is usually gone for most of the evening. I have the pain pills and they are there if I need them. My problem is, I am only 46. I am going to be in the pain I am in right now probably for the rest of my life ( God made me walk and talk again so I don't generally complain about the pain ) I have pretty much been in this pain since my early 20's. If I take the darn pills now. What am I going to do about the pain 20 years from now? 8, that is some pretty serious pain after the pain pills. Does laying in a hot tub help? Day to day mine is probably 5 or 6 I do have some 8 days and on those days I walk slow and take it easy. I remember days of 10 so the 5's and 6's don't seem so bad lol. What graph were you looking at? I use to have a graph site but I can't remember where it was lol. Please let us know how the mammogram goes. The pain could be from so many things. Might be pain that is radiating from somewhere else. You are doing well on your weight loss. It just takes time. I know that is hard to hear. I sure am not taking it off fast. I look at it this way. I have 46 less lbs to lose now than I did 40 weeks ago lol.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:01 PM   #113  

Bionic, you are doing great with your weight loss! Have you found out about the mammogram? Hope all is well!! Loved the Laugh for the Day!!!

Still, looking forward to going to the gym is wonderful!! I was getting that way at home about the Y, so I hope I can get back into the routine when we get home.

Shy, I need to take tennis lessons with you! At the Y near us, nonmembers pay $40 for 8 (?) weeks of 3 day a week classes. Members pay $17 for the same thing. I find that a hot tub feels great when I am aching. Since we've been down here, I have had very little pain from the fibromyalgia and arthritis. Can't say much for the sinus infection that I've had here though. lol
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #114  
Rennie

Tammy
Our Y is in the town next to us. The town is full of wealthy people. Many of the middle class people that use to live in that district before it became a town have had to sell because they can't afford the taxes now. That stinks doesn't it.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Hi all,
I have been AWOL, off the wagon for the last few weeks. Going to read the threads now and catch up on what I've missed, and will get back to you, hope all has been well!
Barb
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #116  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Well I made it to the gym today...my shoulder/back were not that bad today so I used the treadmill and the bike, figured I should avoid the elliptical since it uses more arm muscles...and that went well. I was there for 40 minutes. Did 20 on the treadmill and 20 on the bike, then came home and showered for work. I hope I can keep it up. I think if I can then I will drag my 15 y/o with me in a month or so that way we have some mom/daughter time together in the mornings. I dont think she will like getting up THAT early, but she will get used to it. Friday is my last day this week to go (my m-w-f plan) so hopefully I will be able to drag myself there on Friday and make 100% participation this week. I will be happy!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #117  
Rennie

Still
You are doing great. I can't even get my daughter to do my videos with me. She says they are to easy and she doesn't need them. Ya, like she doesn't need to drop a few lbs lol.

barb
Glad to see you back. Don't leave because things are going the way you want them to, please. We need you here and maybe you need us too.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #118  

Anyone still around??? I haven't had internet access for the last several days, so I haven't been able to check. I guess it's time to start the March Thread? I'll do that if anyone is still interested in continuing the thread.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #119  
Rennie

tammy
I am around and finaly home. I told everyone, don't call me, I will call you lol.