General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Kuhjeanie – To say you busy is putting it moderately!! I was getting a full body workout just reading what you are doing!! I hope the DH feels better soon.

CatR – Kudos for making progress from your quilter’s luncheon.

Wedylan – When you write about swimming I imagine summer warm breezes, birds singing… very peaceful. You Tortellini soup sounds yummy!

Hbuchwald – I’m offering up some free snow interested?

BillBlueEyes – Your wife’s soup also sounds wonderful! It’s crazy blowing snow outside. I think soup will be a perfect lunch for the grandkids and I. LOL at Homer! I’ve been watching it since it aired on The Tracy Almond (sp? Or am I just hungry for them??) show. Very funny!!

Today I’m very tired. I went to bed about 1hr early. Humm just must be one of those days. Drinking coffee and hoping to feel it kick in. I’ve been having what if I don’t lose any more weight thoughts yesterday and this morning. I mean I keep thinking what if I do everything right and I just stop. I don’t mean like a plateau I just mean my weight won’t go down no matter what. I know that it’s not possible but it keeps creeping in my head. GRRR!! As Dory would say “just keep swimming”
Old 02-12-2008, 11:08 PM   #77  

Hello All,

Really need to read the posting and to post. I have been rather half hearted in planning and recording-then my worst habit has cropped back up-over eating late at night. I have had a great evening meal-tasty and plentiful. My vow is that tonight I'll not eat one more thing-only drink water!! I am committed to post tomarrow how I did. Also noticing I am eating faster again and relishing each bit. My vow for tomarrow is to eat slowly, put my folk down more and taste, taste my food.

credit-did have a great swim-the weather was sunny, no wind and well into the 60's-cloud, wind and rain to be soon coming. But sure have enjoy the last couple of days.

BillBlueEyes-glad the craziness at work is passing. Congradulation on your milestone!

Mezermize-Yeah the 4 lb loss-Why is losing weight takes so long when we are so mindful of what we eat, but when we eat mindlessly we can gain soo quickly. Hang in there-the older I get the slower the weight comes off but it does. I am just getting alot of practice for maintinance.

Heidi-happy up coming vacation. Wishes you success to accomplish all and still remain on you food plan. Sorry you new cooking experience haven't been that great. I am a big fan of EatingWell mag-most of thing have been good plus they give the cal count for everything.

MaryBlu-My Norwegian friend says us northern folks have the blues in winter because it was a good thing to be depressed when one has cabin fever in the winter and not to be volatile and acting out harming family members. He belives we are program to have it and that my crabbies was just a form of winter depression. He feels all passes mid Feb.

Wendylan-Great you had a good day-you earned it-keep up the swimming-How long are you in the pool? know any great stomach flattening exercises for the pool? I sometimes run across the pool and can really feel the resistance in my legs.

CatR Credit for a quick returns to plan. -the longer I go the harder it is for me to fight the cravings which seem to return so quickly when I over eat. I should get fuller when indulging but just get more cravings.

KuhlJeanie-talk about "you go girl" Success for All your ventures.

Sure glad I gave myself a challenge-already thought about eating something this evening.
sue
Old 02-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #78  

Hi there everyone,
Sue, I could have written what you did about how you are having a hard time at night, wanting to eat, etc.. I went to therapy tonight and my therapist had gone to see Judith Beck last weekend in Seattle for her workshop. It sounded like an overview of the program with sprinklings of interesting tidbits-some I had heard before and others, I hadn't or had forgotten.

A timely piece of info for me was that Beck says that there usually comes a time (typically 2-6 months into the program) where people may feel like they have lost momentum...her prescription is to redo the first 14 days! She reminded me that I have not relapsed but would probably benefit from recomitting to all of those beginning rules/strategies... (slowing down when eating, reading the cards, etc..).

From my conversation with her this afternoon, I really do feel rejuvenated...
I am getting my cards OUT to look at (from being in my purse for "when I need them")
I made two more healthy recipes tonight: deceptively (or not) delicious chicken nuggets and balsamic/parmesan roasted cauliflower-YUM! AND I ate one of those substandard salmon cakes for dinner tonight and enjoyed it!!! I think that eating them RIGHT after removing all that nasty stuff like skin and bones from the meat may have grossed me out a bit-it seems like a long time ago now so I forget that part!

My favorite tidbit that she told me that Judith said in the workshop was that EVERY SINGLE DAY, Judith Beck plans in a full sized candy bar for herself at the end of the day. She looks forward to it, thinks about it and eats it each night. Right now it is snickers but it has been other types of candy. I LOVE this...she is living what we are living and has found a way to get a treat that she truly enjoys and looks forward to everyday....

Does anyone know how long she has kept her weight off so far?

Keep up your hard work everyone-til tomorrow, Heidi
Old 02-13-2008, 04:54 AM   #79  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday - Starting the second week of Lent

Diet Coaches - Work crazies are under control. YEAH! Yesterday included a walk at lunch and a gym session after work. CREDIT moi. I asked DS why my black eyed peas tasted flat. He said they were really good - just need a bit more salt. He's right. My desire to nudge my taste buds to a greater sensitivity to tastes other than fat, sugar, and salt has to proceed gradually. I just went too far in one step in this batch. My pedometer is feeling a bit lonely with my past week of distraction. So, today's goal is a long walk after work.

Mez (mezmerize) - Bummer that the Sabotaging Thought that this isn't going to work for you keeps coming back. That thought visits me rather frequently, and, apparently to enough people that Beck wrote a Response Card:
Believe It!

I'm losing weight because I've learned how. I now know:
1. What I have to do (e.g., plan my eating, eat slowly while sitting down, use anti-craving strategies)
2. What I have to remind myself (e.g., hunger and cravings are never emergencies, NO CHOICE, Oh, well)
3. How to motivate myself (get support, read my Advantages Response Card, give myself credit every day)
4. How to keep honest (report my weight change to my diet coach weekly) Beck, pg 240.
Heidi (hbuchwald) - Big Kudos that you are so consistently working your Beck program - that so helps to motivate me that it's the right thing for me to keep on keeping on. You are so lucky to have a therapist who appreciates Beck to help you keep focused. And, your balsamic/parmesan roasted cauliflower sounds absolutely yummy. I do feel the need to send my condolences to Henry now that you're eating HIS salmon cakes, LOL. Sign me up to buy a copy of your cookbook, Un-deceptively Delicious.

Sue (CoastalSue) - Kudos for your swim and for your re-commitment to getting back on track. Bummer that the evenings are coming back as a challenge; great that you identify that and are making a plan. I do like the notion that winter depression is an evolved response that has the advantage that we don't kill each other due to cabin fever.

Readers – "Most dieters who end up in my office…have such thoughts as:
It’s okay if I eat [this food] just this one time. …
If any of these thought sound familiar to you, you’re the perfect candidate for the Beck Diet Solution." Beck, pg 18.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:44 AM   #80  

Coastalsue – Kudos for recognizing you nightly over eating and nipping in the bud!

Hbuchwald – Sounds like a wonderful session. Thanks for sharing!

BillBlueEyes – Glad to hear the crazies are gone from work. I’m sure your
pedometer is very happy to see you once again. Thank you very much for the encouragement!! It really helped me!

As for me yesterday I shoved way to much snow that kept falling. I then gave myself 1hr to get myself relaxed, then I had to work out. I felt much better.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #81  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone - just a quick note, but I needed to share. Yesterday was my kid's 1st birthday, and DH thought the perfect place to go celebrate was Golden Corral. DS LOVES mashes potatoes and macaroni and cheese, and we generally don't have that stuff in the house. It's also kid friendly (nice to know mine isn't the only one dropping a french fry here or there.) So off we went, with me thinking that I've finally got the perfect environment to practice day whatever-it-was, intentionally putting more food and off plan food on my plate, then deliberately not eating it.

All went fine. The kid had a fabulous time feeding himself and flirting with our server, and I stuck to plan with one piece of skinless baked chicken, steamed cauliflower and carrots, and 1/2 c mashed potatoes. DH had a ball watching the kid go crazy. Cnce we got home, I let myself feel the cravings I'd been ignoring while we were actually AT the restaurant, for pretty much everything. I didn't let myself look at the desserts - just kept thinking that they were crappy anyway and I wasn't going to waste a good binge on low-quality calories. I hardly let myself think about the fried shapes (DH's fabulous term.) I just torpedoed to the "safe" areas and took forever to eat my one plate. Here's the crazy part. Once we were safely home, with teeth brushed, I had a rush of guilty - like I'd binged bigtime. You know that sort of "damn, I've let myself down again" kind of sadness? What WAS that??? Am I experiencing some sort of phantom limb pain for a behavior I'm not actually doing? Has anyone else had this happen?

And just need to crow a little - I've shaved almost another whole minute off my mile! At this rate, by the time the race comes around, I'll be an actual runner. (Gurgle.)

Back to the carousel...have a good one, everyone!

Last edited by kuhljeanie; 02-13-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

I have been giving some thought to managing my eating in social situations and restaurants. On my usual plan I get around 750 calories for lunch and the 2 snacks, so this gives me something to work with. If I eat small portions and use some sense about what I choose to eat, I will be able to stay on track.

BillBlueEyes: thanks for sharing your wife's strategy of eating somewhat lighter for a few days after a major celebration.

Mez: your exercise will help keep the weight coming off. Just take it one meal at a time and you will make it.

CoastalSue: if I don't plan, I seem to work in all kinds of extras like they don't really count.

Kuhljeanie: Congratulations on your restaurant victory! I haven't experienced what you felt after brushing your teeth. If you have "pigged out" in that situation in the past, you might have just been experiencing your usual conditioned post-event remorse even though it wasn't appropriate for your behavior.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #83  

Morning all,

Success with not eating last night after dinner. I am glad to get off that mindless eating mode. Today I will: 1. Write down my day's menu 2. Record I eaten the food and calculate all the cals. 3. eat slowly. Feel good to be back on program.

KulhJeanie-your posting got me thinking about all the emotions I triger just by eating healthy. I have spend years hiding complex feelings by overeating. Sometimes I have to weather out "odd" feelings just when not eating to being full or ease a craving. I swear I still have then little implusive kid in me being pissed that I am not overeating. I also find often a high food environment emotional-even I don't eat. Power for acknowledging it and not eating! I am trustng Beck that such emotional responses will lessen with time. You are a runner!!

CatR- keeping share your plan for eating out of home-social/restaurant is my biggest problem area. The hunger hounds get unleashed. I tend to have 350-400 cals for breakfast, 400 for lunch, later afternoon snack 100, 700 cal dinner. I made this up on my own-does it sound reasonable?

BillBlueEyes-I hate using that salt shaker-we both take blood pressure meds-but foods taste so much better with right amount of salt. Still we are down alot and find alot of other foods too salty now. Don't forget the all the credit due for eating on plan when work was crazy-remember when stress was dealt with via the candy machine.

Heidi that is great that you have support with a therapist who respect Beck and cognitive therapy-Fun reading your posting about Beck and the evening candy. Is there a behavior you want to set up a challenge between the two of us-i.e. not eating after dinner or such?

I had a bit of an ouch feeling about the last line of BillBlueEyes posting about Believe it on honest weight. I have put on 4 1/2 lb back since Sat night-All the charts say I can consume soo many cal being over 300 (plus swimming for 45 minutes 4 x a week) yet if I go over 1600 on comes the weight. Hoping it is water and will leave just a quickly if I remain under 1600 cals for the rest of the week. Sometimes I wonder if I should add a bit more cals each day and then maybe I would not regain so quickly with the slightest increase. This weight is sure stubborn plus the bones complain with such pain if I exercise much if not in the pool. Whine, Whine, I do appreciate that I have a health issue which is curable! It is just all the work of retraining my emotional brain to respect and support the needs of my total body.

A wave to everyone

sue
Old 02-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 227/200/175

Height: 5'4"

I am off work today and thought I would have the kids home due to the weather but they had a 2hr delay instead.Yesterday at work wasn't so bad and I got home on time despite the snowstorm.Big mess to clean up outside,the snow has turned to a very cold rain and everything is icy.I can't get up the courage to go out there and face it.Anyway I was on program yesterday but no exercise,today I made a ham melt on a weight watchers pita with jalapenos,red pepper and onion,an apple and 100 cal smartpop popcorn.Slept right through breakfast,will swim tonight if I can get to the Y,may not due to weather.Weight Watchers weigh in Thur.,have a nagging thought"If I do not lose at least 2 pounds I am gonna pack it all in forget this whole thing because it is not working or worth it!"Guess I better call it a sabbatoging thought.
Coastalsue- Great job on keeping up your swimming even if you strayed a little with the food.We have the rest of our life to get things right.I try to keep myself bust at night,I make some jewelry and find I can't eat while I am working with it.Sometimes I want to eat so bad I turn off all lights and go upstairs and watch tv in bed to avoid eating.As far as swimming I have been getting faster as time goes on.Takes me 35 min for 40 laps,I vary my laps using the kickboard for some and webbed swimming gloves to strengthen my arms.Afterwards I usually stay in the pool and do some waterwalking or strengthening exercises and watch the kids do their jumps ect..for about 15 min.THe water fitness class is 45 min and it is done in the deep end with the water walking belt on.That class uses some ab strengthening moves.The belt keeps you up and she has us flutter kick,jumping jack movements,and cross country ski moves in deep end.For abs she has us stand upright with belt on and place your legs at 45 degree angle and do tiny flutter kicks and then 45 degree angle toward the back.Do you swim in your own pool or somewhere else?I have a pool in the yard for summertime and I do some ab exercises,holding on to the side wall with both arms and back against the wall lift legs out in front using the abs,also bring knees into the chest and return to straight out in sets of 15 at a time.At the Y they also have styrofoam barbells that we hold under the water and do tricep and bicep curls,these really work for arms and I am always sore the next day from these.
CatR-Great job thinking through the eating out and social situations with a plan you will suceed.
kuhljeanie-Wonderful plan you had for your dinner out and your exercise. Much credit!I don't think I would be able to handle myself as well at Golden Corral.
mezmerize-Great job dealing with your sabatoging thoughts,shoveling snow,relaxing and working out instead of eating!!!
BillBlueEyes-Good to hear things are calming down at work and you are getting your walking in.In spite of stress you are doing what you you have set out to do!I appreciated your response card Believe It as well,thanks
hbuchwald-Congratulations on your renewed efforts reading your cards and making new recipes.
maryblu-Keep warm,your weather sounds awful,we are in PA and bad weather sometimes but yours sounds much worse.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default I love my Beckies!

Do you all know, do YOU? Do you know how much collective WISDOM is in this group?

You all have been so very gracious about the fact that I have been seriously taking rather than giving. Worse, still, I have been speed reading the posts, and I miss alot. I have to say, though, that Kulhjeanie, your post about feeling weird after behaving so Beck-like at the restaurant really puzzled me. NO! I have not felt that.........well, not exactly......not exactly.....not after rejecting and practicing Beck behavior, have I felt guilty, as if I had binged? No. But I have felt deprived. I have felt that being exposed to bad tasting, low quality food and resisting it.....I felt somehow deprived.......that is not the same thing.....but WAIT! Not to dispair, because for the umpteenth time, CoastalSue nailed it! Another perfect 10!

"KulhJeanie-your posting got me thinking about all the emotions I triger just by eating healthy. I have spend years hiding complex feelings by overeating. Sometimes I have to weather out "odd" feelings just when not eating to being full or ease a craving. I swear I still have then little implusive kid in me being pissed that I am not overeating. I also find often a high food environment emotional-even I don't eat. Power for acknowledging it and not eating! I am trustng Beck that such emotional responses will lessen with time. You are a runner!! "

We are onto something here, I tell ya!!!

Now, for my itty-bitty contribution to the greater good: "I hate using that salt shaker-we both take blood pressure meds-but foods taste so much better with right amount of salt." CoastalSue, in response to BillBE.

Salt is a stealth-killer! It is. The AMA is trying to get the FDA to classify salt an an additive and regulate it. It has happened with trans fats, now it is time to get a handle on all the sodium added to anything, everything. Once you reduce it in your diet, you will not miss it; in fact, you will be offended if it is too heavy. And I get really pist at the cross-addiction conspiracy going on in the food industry. There is salt in sweet stuff, and sugar in salty stuff. !$@%$%@^%

I digress. This is not a "diet" thread, It's the behavior, stupid!

So here is my speed post and bit of Beck wisdom. The hardest step (for me) is by far the most powerful. Day 15. Write down what you eat. Eat whatever you want, standing, in your car, late at night....just write it down. It stops the insanity. Cold. Reporting to coaches stops the insanity. How many times has BillBE given credit to not only himself, but to diet coaches? Just the accountability, whether writing it down, or reporting to all, stops the insanity.

"My vow is that tonight I'll not eat one more thing-only drink water!! I am committed to post tomarrow how I did. Also noticing I am eating faster again and relishing each bit. My vow for tomarrow is to eat slowly, put my folk down more and taste, taste my food." CoastalSue

and then

"[I]Success with not eating last night after dinner. I am glad to get off that mindless eating mode. Today I will: 1. Write down my day's menu 2. Record I eaten the food and calculate all the cals. 3. eat slowly. Feel good to be back on program."

*sigh....it feels good to be back on program.

P.S. thanks, CoastalSue, for the Norwegian wisdom. I think there is some truth there, to be sure, but wondering about the vitamin D and Omega 3s link, too.........LOL.......In my family history, there is someone known as "Black Peter"...a winter CRAZY GUY, for sure!

"
Old 02-14-2008, 01:14 AM   #86  

BillBlueEyeshanks for reviving the Believe it response card-it has it all in there doesn’t it?
Mez: I was thinking, “how nice that she can get her workout from something like shoveling snow”…then you said that you worked out AFTER doing that! You go!
Kuhjeanie: Excellent work at that buffet..I have not experienced phantom limb for behavior before. Strange things happen but you kept on going…I wondered if you were going to say that you ate some off plan food when you got home..A minute off your mile-WOW!!
CatR: Great plan for eating out and at social gatherings.
Coastalsue: Challenge on! I also did just great on my plan last night. I really do also like that Beck has that candy at night.. I think that this could help me with my nighttime snacking. I stop eating pretty early (6:30ish) and by the time dd is in bed, I am a bit hungry. Now, I know that I can live through it but that is also the time that I used to binge… so saving a special snack or treat for when she hits the hay may be what I need to do for myself. It worked tonight-I had a skinny cow and then stopped… My goal tomorrow is to eat sitting down everytime and eat SLOWLY… I am doing well with recording my food/planning what I eat the night before. Kudos to you for coming clean with yourself on the small gain. In the larger scheme of things and especially with you being in your current mindset, that is a small blip in the road!
Wendylan: Your water exercise class sounds wonderful! And that is just perfect that your kids can do free swim while you work out! I must see what my options are here for that kind of scenario.
Maryblu: It is ALWAYS great to hear from you. This IS such a smart group..I get so much from it and also feel like I take more than I give. I always get so much out of the stuff you say-no worries!! I REALLY notice the added salt in foods and really don’t enjoy it. When I was younger, I really did love extra salt on things but for some reason, now I do not. That is one of the reasons that I am cooking more now-I can control it and others can add more salt if they prefer. That is one fight we don’t hear much about (yet?) with food industry.

So tomorrow is Valentine’s day which means that my 5th and 6th grade students will be bringing all kinds of tempting foods for the party and also showering me with gifts of chocolate. Gameplan: Eat a lunch that I REALLY look forward to (I have food that I cooked that I am excited about..that cauliflower was a winner for one thing..) and eat it slowly. Have a diet doctor pepper in my classroom during the party. I will deposit any non Hershey chocolate into the garbage when I get home. I LOVE that my students care to get me gifts but I just can’t have all that in my house. I may pass some others on for others to enjoy (the PE and Music teachers who don’t’ get showered as much as we classroom teachers come to mind). I will allot 200 calories for dessert tomorrow night so that I can look forward to having some chocolate if I feel like it.

Til tomorrow my friends, Heidi
Old 02-14-2008, 05:24 AM   #87  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday after WET snow

Diet Coaches - I substituted shoveling snow in the rain for a planned walk in the rain. I really wanted the walk with the emotional reward of a large pedometer reading. Shoveling wet snow before it turned to 4 inches of ice was the wiser choice. CREDIT moi. And CREDIT moi for getting through the work crazies last week without leaning on the vending machines (thanks Sue). I'm about to go have a peanut butter and banana sandwich for breakfast just to break up my routine.

[ Looking for someone to initiate discussion on Program-day 11: Differentiate Between Hunger, Desire, and Cravings, and Program-day 12: Practice Hunger Tolerance. ]

Sue (CoastalSue) - Kudos for getting back on track and for your admirable candor. Sending you my warmest supporting thoughts for staying on your plan to reach twoderland.

MaryBlu - Thanks for the sanity, perspective, and salty encouragement. I think you're right on track about the salt. My goal is to head toward the 1500 mg daily Sodium recommendation rather than the current AMA recommended 2500 mg. My blood numbers are just fine - right now. But, I believe the observers who suggest that limiting sodium will help to keep them there vs. those who suggest that limiting sodium is only useful to those who already have a blood pressure problem.

Heidi (hbuchwald) - Kudos for having a plan for your incoming chocolate. It gave me a reminder that I have to remain vigilant; the immediate thought that flashed through the thinks-like-a-fat-person portion of my brain was, wish I was her RL friend and could get all that FREE chocolate. The old thinking is always waiting to be triggered.

wendy (wendylan) - Sending positive thoughts for your W.W. weigh in today. Thanks for admitting the Sabotaging Thought about losing it. You remind me why Beck has three Program-days for Get Ready to Weigh In (21, 28, 35). The positive thoughts are for your brain to have a sane response to the scale, whatever it reads.

CatR - Kudos for continuing your planning for social/restaurant situations. The strongest strategy for me in the Beck arsenal is the simple planning in advance. With a plan, I avoid falling off the cliff to a place without a rational bottom.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Kudos for on-plan eating during the DS mashed potato show, aka Program-day 30: Stay in Control When Eating Out - that sounds like a YouTube winner, LOL. Amazing observation about "rush of guilty - like I'd binged bigtime." I've had rushes of feelings that seemed to come out of nowhere but never thought to correlate them with something like denying cravings. Thanks for that insight.

Mez (mezmerize) - Kudos for shoveling AND doing a workout. I know about that shoveling business. After work it was raining pretty hard so I had to make that tempting decision to shovel the snow or leave it to wash away. Save some heavy lifting if I leave it; face some thick ice if I leave it and it freezes. Made the decision to shovel, partially for the argument that it was good upper body work. Good choice - this morning anything not shoveled is frozen solid.

Readers – "Most dieters who end up in my office…have such thoughts as:
… I’ve had such a hard day. I deserve to eat this. …
If any of these thought sound familiar to you, you’re the perfect candidate for the Beck Diet Solution." Beck, pg 18.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

everyone.

CoastalSue: I think that how the daily calories get divided up is an individual matter. If what your plan works for you, there is no reason to change it. I am hungry soon after I get up and function better if I eat most of my food during the day. My dinners run around 300 calories.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #89  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone! Again, a quick one - I feel bad when I don't respond to everyone personally, as you do for me. I appreciate your thoughts on my strange mood two nights ago and think it's a vestige of the grief I'm experiencing for my old self/behaviors. I've had lunch out two days in a row and stayed on plan, walked past doughnuts and bagels in the breakroom almost every day this week without really thinking about it, left half a bag of sunchips and a cookie on my plate at lunch, haven't skipped a workout in almost 3 weeks, and I feel - strange. Like I'm not really me anymore. I'm losing weight steadily and it's FABULOUS. My pants are all getting too big. Running is easier. Everything I wrote about on my advantage card is ever so slightly coming into focus, and I just feel - weird. Part of me is wondering when it's going to come to a screeching halt when I fall off the wagon for the 13th billion time, and part of me knows that's not going to happen. I'm only on day 27! Could my thinking be that profoundly changed in less than a month? Is this what bypass patients feel like? Instead of my body changing that dramatically and quickly, it's like my brain has had a bypass. Even while confronted with a growing mountain of evidence I'm having a hard time accepting that I'm really thinking and behaving differently. But if that's really the case, I'd like to hunt down the good Dr. Beck and give her a massive hug.

Again, I wish I could spend the time responding to everyone personally (Maryblu I'm feeling ya, lady) and I feel like I'm taking more than giving - I'm just going to make a vow that when I've got a little more personal RAM available I'll be more on the ball with everyone as individuals instead of posting these rambling blog-type entries - and know that I value everyone's time and thoughts!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #90  

Hello everyone. I’m sorry this is going to short. I’m not feeling well. (TOM) Sorry Bill if that’s TMI.

kuhljeanie – WTG for sticking to your plan at Golden Corral , and your WL.

CatR – Thanks for the encouragement! I had a test at one of my favorite places to eat. (My husband took me out for our 25TH he did ask if it was ok) I ordered my meal along with a to go box. My meal came and I quickly put ½ of everything into the box. I ate my meal and I was comfortably full. It was wonderful no guilt and feeling proud. I took the leftovers home and by the next morning they were gone. Just as I thought they would be. My son ate them I told him he’s welcome to any take out I bring home.

coastalsue – Congrats on not eating after dinner!

wendylan – Your Pita sound yummy! You know guys have helped me figure out what I’m going to make myself many times!

maryblu – I enjoyed your speed post! I’m not on day 15 yet.

hbuchwald – When I started Working out 7 days ago I really hated it! I mean with a purple passion hated it!! Now you know I kinda like it. I’m liking thinking I want to do it!! I only let myself do 1 mile. At 1st I was yes it’s over … now I’m holding back from doing more. Next week I’m going to add another mile and work my way up. Who knows maybe someday I’ll be in a marathon. HA! Great plan on dealing with the Valentine Sweets.

Bill – Just noticed you were Boston…geez duh! Yea with every scoop of snow I think your burning lots of cals. Yea that ice is a pain to get rid of!

As for me… I give myself credit. I made tacos and noticed something after eating one. (I filled it with more veggies than meat and no cheese.) I was full!! It happen after I took a bite out of the second one. I thought why am I eating this… I think I’m full!! LOL I waited and I was. So I wrapped it up and once again it was gone by morning…. *POOF* My mouse struck again! AKA – DS in high school
Closed Thread