General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #61  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Karen I keep Alli on hand for the days that I eat a meal out of the house..or one in the house that I feel has a little more fat content than I like...maybe once or twice a week if that...I do have some of those infamous side effects...how well it works? I don't know...but I do like to have it around.

Shelby Glad I could help by posting my plan. Seriously...it works for me and that's all I know. I do workout 5 days a week for 90-120 minutes at a time...I schedule that into my day so there is no getting around it.

Valentine's Day - was good - DBF actually went out of his way to surprise me by going to cookinglight.com and finding a low cal recipe for some very delish asian bbq - he even bought low sodium soy sauce as he knows how much I watch my sodium. Checked the scale this morning and didn't gain any weight...even though mom was kind enough to send over 4 mini chocolatier peanut butter cups that were too die for...I only had one...will space the remainder out over the next week or so.

Treated myself and paid for 3 personal training sessions at my gym ...had the first one yesterday for Vday - needless to say I am sore today...but think I spent $99 very well for the 3 sessions...I feel good about my workout today...of course...not sure how much weight lifting I will get in tonight as I may just do cardio to let myself relax.

Okay...hope everyone had a great OP Vday!
~Amanda
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #62  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Well I had a very nice Valentine's Day. Had a wonderful Mexican dinner and then shopped for some new clothes since many of mine are getting pretty baggy. Then we had a mini cinnamon bun and I got my handmade valentine! Awww...so sweet. He went through my scrapbook stuff and made me the sweetest card, so much better than store bought and I can scrapbook it into a wonderful page. After all this will be the only Valentine's day that we spent as an engaged couple.

The scale gave me 196 this morning...which is huge, but I'm going to wait for official WI tomorrow morning to change my ticker. If I am indeed at that weight then holy smokes! What a great week!

I'm going to clean my house today and get all my laundry done so that I can bum around for the rest of the long-weekend (we Canadians...or Albertans anyhow get Monday off for Family Day). I work on Sunday but with today off I still get three days off! Woo Hoo! I'm going to run over and get a workout in before I get started on the house.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:27 PM   #63  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Hey Everybody!

Amanda~ Wow, you have a great husband!
Tamara~ Congratulations on dropping more weight...you are doing something right!
Shelby897~ I've been enjoying reading your posts. Keep us updated on your progres!

I had a nice Valentine's Day. My husband and I went out to dinner, which was fun. I ordered something smaller than normal, and didn't worry about going over my calorie limit for the day since I've had such a great week. Since we went out for dinner I didn't open the cookies he gave me. I'll do that tonight for a Friday night treat. I'll share them with him
I'm hoping for some decent weather this weekend so I can go on some nice walks! I am so excited about having a 3 day weekend. I'm looking forward to extra sleep, watching some movies, and getting outside.
Have a nice weekend everyone!
Beth
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #64  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

So this week has really blown.

Fridy around 10am I had to rush my BF to the ER.

He's 19 years old and has a collapsed lung.

Thankfully the great doctor we had was able to reinflate it. And he should make a full recovery. A long one though. We have been here since Friday and won't be leaving until probably Tuesday. The nurses are nice and let me stay over night in this amazingly uncomfotable chair.

With all the stress I lost 3 pounds in less then 24 hours. Which I know is not good. I've barely made 1000 calories all weekend. The stress is making me to sick to even eat. I'm not even hungry anyway.

I just want to take him back home, and out of this hospital.

Do my diet is needless to say, out the window for the time being. I am watching what I eat(when I eat) but I'm not even bothering to count calories because I know I am in the low , really low, range.

Oh and I went home to shower... Our fridge, well the outlit it was pluged into, died. So there goes all the diet food, meats, and everything else. That doesn't really bother me anyway. I love grocery shopping anyway.

Im glad no one else has had a crappy week. I hope it stays that way.\

I will check in later on, seeing his brother brought me his computer to use while I'm here with him. I'm not leaving until he does.

Have a Happy Monday tomorrow!!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Sorry to hear about your boyfriend, hope he will soon recover.Don't stress about your diet, just do the best you can.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #66  
Changing My Lifestyle

Good morning ladies!

I'm at work today (my part-time job), but it's a long weekend here and Sundays are always slow so I have lots of time to check out 3FC and some other sites that have great recipes etc.

April: So sorry to hear about DBF. I really hope that things are ok and that he gets to come home soon. I know how much I dislike being in the hospital wether it's as a patient or visiting. Definately not the funnest place to spend a weekend. Don't stress about your diet, you have other much more pressing things to worry about. Just be careful that you don't let yourself get into a tailspin once DBF is home. I find after a couple of days of not eating properly (especially when it's staying really under on my calories) it's really easy to overeat and then I beat myself up over it. Take care of yourself and try to eat some easy things that will give you some fibre and protein (SF bars are terrific for this) so that you're not starving your body of what it needs to feel nourished.

beth: I'm glad to hear that you had a nice Valentine's day with DH. How did you do with the cookies on Friday night? I was off plan yesterday as I went out for dinner with a friend that I haven't seen in 10 years! It was great and I was pretty careful not to overeat, but I didn't limit myself to anything and I had a couple drinks.

manda/jax/didjaever: How are things goin with you girls?

I picked up my wedding gown yesterday and I'm absolutely thrilled! It's so beautiful. I had originally tried on an 18 and it had fit like a glove so I ordered a 16 because I knew I'd be smaller by the wedding. It's a fantastic fit and I love it in the stark white (I'd tried it on in Ivory). I don't have my first fitting for 6 weeks and I'm determined to be down minimum 10lbs by then. I am going to aim for another 15-20 from April 1 - June 1 as well and because the dress is a corset back it should be fine. I'm very excited to have it now though...it's just one more thing out of the way and one step closer to being ready for this event! LOL So much work!

Cheers,
Tamara
Old 02-19-2008, 01:21 PM   #67  
Changing My Lifestyle

Well ladies...how was everyone's long-weekend?

I had a nice weekend. Got lots of stuff accomplished. I've decided that I'm going to try the Fat-Smash Diet for the next couple of months. I'm still planning on using the SF site to track my daily intake, but I'm going to see if this plan will help me to drop a little faster for the wedding. I guess it's a 90 day plan, which is fantastic for me as our wedding is 103 days away!

I'm going to start tomorrow, but I'll definately come back to this thread and let everyone know how it's going and see how everyone here is doing with their plan.

I fully intend to get back to the SF plan after the wedding (if I can manage to stay on the FSD for the full 90 days) to continue on to my goal weight (hopefully by the end of 2008).

Has anyone here tried it? Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a great day,
Tamara
Old 02-19-2008, 02:38 PM   #68  
One pound at a time!

Hi Everyone!

April~ I'm sorry to hear about your tough week. I hope things will get back to normal soon.

Tamara~ It's so exciting to hear about your wedding dress. I'm sure it's beautiful, and that YOU will be beautiful in it. I just got married 7 months ago, so I know how exciting dress fittings are! I felt like a princess!
Let us know how Fat Smash is going for you. I hope it will work well for you!

Nothing too new about me to say. My jeans are getting too big. This weekend I was joking about them with my husband and he called me "skinny girl." I said, "What did you call me?" He told me that since my jeans were too big, I must be skinny. I don't think I'm anywhere near "skinny" yet, but I do feel smaller than I was a few months ago!
Old 02-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #69  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

April I'm soooooo sorry for your rough week. Cheer up - things have to get better from here! Keep us updated on how Dbf is doing...and yourself...but focus on your family first!

Tamara Fat Smash! I've never done it, don't know the principles behind it....but I hope it gets you where you are headed for your big day! I'm just not good at being restricted by dieting rules...unless I create them..soo..I'd blow that sucker big time...but that's just me...good luck! But check in with us often!!!!

Beth I know about the jeans getting too big - my DBF tells me how thin I am getting and was when I was at your weight too...I think he did it for encouragement...but also any weight loss made me look thinner and that was a good thing! Keep on track and keep on getting smaller - it is fabulous! Just remember to shop the clearance racks for new clothes - seriously...I have been going thru sizes about once a month for the past 3 months...down to a 12 that isn't tight at all anymore...can't wait til I'm an 8 because then I'll know I'm home

As for me...not too much going on. Thinking about spending a weekend at not my beach but another beach about an 90 minutes north of me (Cocoa Beach) just for the **** of it and renting a nice hotel room with a friend...we'll see how I feel...because I have my Kmart weigh in on Saturday and can't do that until noon...I wouldn't be able to get out of town until then....but it could still be nice and relaxing. I have 2 new bikini's...yup...that's right..bikini's and I'm loving them. My butt is a little ucky looking in them...but I'll survive...I actually didn't vomit at the photos I took in them (to see if it was reasonable to be seen in them) which is good news....well..I'm out...hope everyone is doing well and/or better!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #70  
Changing My Lifestyle

Well I officially started the Fat Smash this morning. I think the caffeine withdrawal might kill me! I have a horrible headache already and the day has just started.

I had a big bowl of plain oatmeal topped with fat-free vanilla yogurt and fresh strawberries at 6am. The rest of my day looks like this:

10am - 4 Egg Whites topped with Homemade salsa

1pm - Homemade Vegetable Rice Soup

3pm - Fresh mixed Veggies w/ dip (dip is plain yogurt with herbs/spices)

6pm - 1 Cup Brown Rice & 1-1/2 Cups Homemade Veggie Chilli w/ beans

8pm - Apple

It seems like a whole lot of food and it's going to be interesting to see what it's like to live vegetarian for 9 days. I had to cook like a maniac last night and made the veggie chilli and the veggie rice soup as well as chopping all the stuff for the salsa. I made sure I had everything ready to go for the oatmeal this morning so I could just pop it on the stove and feed the birds while it cooked. I got up a little earlier, but it was still a stretch as I'm so used to just having a SF shake in the mornings.

We'll see how it goes...I'm hoping for 5lbs in the first 9 days and then I'll evaluate it again. I get coffee and meat back on day 10 as well as cold cereals (it's going to be hard to eat so much oatmeal for 9 days). I have some recipes to make oatmeal into granola, pancakes, muffins and cookies so I'm going to experiment with those this weekend.

I'll let you know how I make out with the sugar/coffee/meat withdrawal! LOL I'm not used to something so restrictive, but I'm going to try and do it for the 9 days. I have a friend that wants to try the wild rose cleans, but I don't know if I'll be up for it. After all I'm basically already eating the foods on the WR, just not taking the supplements.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Cheers,
Tamara
Old 02-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #71  
One pound at a time!

Good morning!
Yesterday I just wanted to eat EVERYTHING. It wasn't even my TOM.
I did eat several things that were off my plan, going over my 1500 calorie limit by about 500. I also skipped out on my exercise. Oops.
Today part of me wants to jump back in the game and have a great food and exercise day, and another part wants to just eat whatever I want again today, as I'm feeling like I'm not going to make my goal for the week so why try? Grrr.
I wrote down everything I plan to eat today and the exercise I plan to do. We'll see if I can stick to it. My head somehow just got out of diet mode. Do you know what I mean?
Anyway, let us know how you're doing. Don't let us lose track of you.
Beth
Old 02-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Beth, I know how you feel.... I've been like that for quite awhile but so far I haven't gained anything so that is a good thing. It just seems when I go to bed at night I have my day planned for the next day until I get up! But I have reset my weight to start over on the slimfast site tomorrow. I like to have Fridays as my weigh in. Today I am really trying to completely stick to my plan and get some exercise in too! Other than housework!!

Tamara, I don't know if I would be able to do the Fat Smash at all. I'm anxious to hear reports on how you are doing. Good luck to you.

Amanda, WOW! you are talking about spending the weekend on the beach and we're still shoveling snow!! We're supposed to get another 2 to 4 inches of snow tonight. It sure isn't good weather to have when you are hoping to have people come to look at the house! But I kind of have a "good feeling" that maybe we can get the house sold and moved back to MO. during the month of March! At least I have my fingers crossed!

April, sorry to hear abour your DBF. I hope things are much better now. Be sure to come and let us know.

Well, guess I'd better step away from the computer ---- otherwise the day will get away from me and I won't get done what I want to!

Everybody have a good day and I'll chec back in later.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

Tamara: Congrats on your wedding dress!! You will have to post pictures after the wedding!!

Something doesn't seem right to me this week. For the past 3 weeks, I haven't lost anything and this past week, I am feeling bloated and it is not TOM. I am actually going to step up my calorie counter to 1400. I cannot lose my SF choc. royale shake for breakfast but I may switch my choc. chip granola bar to dinner and eat a sensible lunch for a week and see how things go.
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

Tamara: Do you see yourself being able to incorporate SF back into the plan??
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #75  
Changing My Lifestyle

OK...SO I'M A FAT SMASH FAILURE! LOL

I lasted a whole 7.5 hours and then gave up. I wanted a coffee and some crackers so bad that I said to heck with it...well actually here's what happened.

I ate my lunch and all the other stuff this morning and by 1pm I felt like my head was made of lead. I was having crazy cravings (never had those on SF) and so I called SO and almost started crying! His response was "Why are you putting yourself through **** when you've done so incredibly well on SF and you enjoyed what you were eating (so did he!...LOL)" So I realized he's right and while the Fat Smash looks good on paper and the results in the first 9 days are supposed to be 5-15lbs lost (is that really sustainable though???), it seems to be a quick fix and I'm looking for a healthy lifestyle that includes regular food and NO restrictions. If I want chocolate, I'm gonna have chocolate by golly! I'll fix it into my day, but I'm not going to deny myself and feel deprived.

I've lost 30lbs on the SF plan so far...and while it's a nice, easy 1-2lbs a week that is what they say is sustainable and healthy right? So I'm going to continue with the food I have with me today but I already had a cup of coffee and I think I may have some peanuts with yogurt this evening. Even with all of that I think I'm still about 200 calories under my 1500 for the day. I put all the food info into the SF site today and with all the food I mentioned earlier I would have only been about 1100 calories for the day. IMHO that's much too low for me to be able to sustain! Anyow I hope you don't all think I'm a failure and I'm still 100% on plan so tomorrow I'm back to my beloved Chocolate Royal Shakes and MOG bars! Yeah!

Beth:I know how you feel. When TOM is close I'm a mess. But I just make sure that I make allowances for some fries (my downfall) or some chocolate or whatever. Just don't let one or two days turn into weeks and then start gaining, etc. It's a mean cycle and so easy to fall into. Keep your chin up and try one of my favorite "cheats"...1 x 100 calorie bag of smart pop and 1 x 100 calorie chocolate bar (only 200 total) or sweet potatoe fries with some dijon/sour cream/lime juice dip. Maybe one of those will do the trick for you and you'll still be OP.

Karen:I hope that you'll come back on board with us. The more of us that support each other the better!

didjaever:I have that bloating problem every once in a while with SF. I'm not sure what causes it but I make an effort to increase my fibre and eat lots of fruit which helps to "get things moving" if ya get my meaning. I also find that once I get over that stumble sometimes I'm down as much as 2-3lbs. Don't lose faith and keep in mind sometimes it's just a matter of INCREASING your calories for a couple of days or increasing your exercise. Exercise will also help with the bloating. Hope that helps.

Everyone remember! One Day Doesn't Undo All Of Your Hard Work! It's One Day That Turns Into A Week That Turns Into A Month...and so on. If you have an off plan day, just move on and make every attempt to get back OP the next day!

WE CAN SO DO THIS! ! ! GO US!

Cheers,
Tamara

Last edited by tleef; 02-21-2008 at 05:05 PM.