General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 12:03 PM   #1  
cookies are for browsers

Thumbs down Perfect Weight (Chopra) #6

Hi all,

Thought it was time for a new thread.

If you're curious, we:
drink our water hot
eat a freshly cooked warm meal at midday
can skip breakfast if we want to
eat a light dinner
stay away from sweet and fried foods

Me, I'm battling the amazing water weight gain; we'll see what it turns out to really be next week!
Old 01-30-2002, 01:12 PM   #2  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

Jennifa, thanks for the new thread!

Whaddya think is causing the water weight? You are so careful about what you eat...

I'm having a fabulous week. Food is great, exercise going well, had my yearly performance review and passed -- whew! So I really have no complaints.

Where's the rest of the Hot Water Sippers? Hope you are all doing really, really well today!
Old 01-31-2002, 10:27 AM   #3  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi all,
Been doing great. I got my review also and got a raise and change in title. I'll be a supervisor in a few months.
I skiped a lifting session on sunday all in good cause.
I spent the afternoon watching the football game with a very cute guy! It was a small party to watch the game but I think I watched him almost as much as the game. He was wearing shorts and has such cute legs!
I can see a huge differenc in muscle deffinition on my arms and legs from lifting. I actually can't wait to get down there and do it today! I really missed not having my session on Sunday but could not find another time in my schedual to make it up.
We are having fantastic weather this week. It's rainy but WARM! Spring is almost here1
My friends and I are planning to do lots of bike riding this summer. Cant wait.
Old 02-01-2002, 03:24 PM   #4  
cookies are for browsers

Hi all,

Well, I knew the day would come. I am starting the Eat Right 4 Your Type plan but I will try and keep up with this thread. A lot of the principles are the same.

Keep losing,

Jennifa
Old 02-01-2002, 04:00 PM   #5  
Viva la vida loca!

Hi all!

Cowgirl -- congrats on your review and promotion! That's fabulous!

Jennifa -- best of luck on the ER4YT. Are you trying to do it as a veggie type O? I look forward to reading of your progress

I haven't had any hot water today and my tongue is showing it

Have a great weekend, everyone! Y'all are looking fabulous!
Old 02-02-2002, 07:45 PM   #6  
Simply Noble

Well I missed lifting all week but did not lack excersise. I cleaned stalls on monday and thursday. Today I waas away all day so I didn't do it yet. Don't know if I will. I deffinatly have to get back on track this week though.
I have a friend who loves the ER4YT. She was always thin but had bad migrains and they stoped when she started it. She thinks she lost weight on it but she was going through a lot of stress and I think that was more the reason for her weight loss.
I've also heard good things about the Susanne Summers diet. Too much to keep track of for me though.I'll just keep toughing it oput the old fashioned way.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-04-2002, 04:04 PM   #7  
Simply Noble

Just wanted to report in
I was surprised to see I lost 3 more pounds this week. I spent the weekend attending a religious assembly and ate out both nights. I tried to be good and ordered baked fish and a dinner salad the first night but gave in and had Filet mingion and salmon with a sweet potato and salad on sunday. I was so surprised to see any loss at all let alone 3 whole pounds!
Hope everyone else is doing well too. It is cold here again, in the 20's. Ugh sure can't wait till spring. I read an article that said that moderate bike riding burs 7 calories a minut. Thats 220 an hour! Can't wait to start riding my bike this year.

320\274 \140

Last edited by Cowgirl; 02-04-2002 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:40 PM   #8  
cookies are for browsers

Hi all,

Cowgirl, CONGRATS on 3 POUNDS!!! That's FANTASTIC!! I am with you - can't wait for bike riding season. I went last weekend - it was so great. I love it but it's too cold here now.

Waterbaby, Katrina, how are you doing? Hope you are losing.

Waterbaby, you are right, I am a vegetarian type O. I have to have a protein shake every day and I really have to watch my protein intake and make sure I eat it a lot. The ND said I don't eat enough either, so it feels like I am constantly munching on nuts or veggies. Today is day 3 and I would have quit already if I don't feel so good. I can wake up in the morning without a problem and am more my bushy-tailed self on this WOE. It is difficult but I am at wit's end and will try just about anything to lose this weight. I weighed in at my highest ever and I tried weighing today for a sneak peek - down 7 pounds, probably all water, but still, a welcome direction. ND said that after a while your taste buds start to change. She is right - if I drink soda now it is way too sweet and I prefer the sweetness of fruit. She says this will apply to bread, dairy, and other no-nos after a little while. I'm keeping some of the Chopra habits but I can't do some of them anymore as I'm not getting enough food to get my metabolism going. Doctor's orders, have to eat 5x a day, hungry or not.

Meanwhile, I am hanging on to dear hopes with this WOE. I don't know what I will do if this doesn't work, but I am determined to give it the old college try.

Jennifa
Old 02-05-2002, 10:16 AM   #9  
Simply Noble

Way to go Jennifa!!!!!
I'm sure you can do it. After a while you'll get in the habit of eating the way you should and won't have as much craving for what's bad for you.
When I first started loosing I peed a lot. I think the water loss is probably your bodies first response to healthy eating. I know I had a lot of water loos at first too but hey it still counts and makes a difference in how you look and feel. I've been increasing the veggies myself and find I have less munchies and more energy and weight loss.
Now for a little pat on my own back
I checked th scale this morning just to see if it were true that I lost those three pounds and to my amazement I was down another four pounds! Don't know how it happened but wow, what a nice way to wake up.

320\270 \140
Old 02-06-2002, 10:00 AM   #10  
Simply Noble

320\265 \140
Need I say more?
Old 02-06-2002, 10:52 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

Cowgirl, what the heck are you doing and, more importantly, can you bottle it and send it to me?? You're doing so great, good for you!

Hi, Jennifa...what is the Eat right 4 your type plan...is that the blood type one? I've heard of it, don't know much about it though

Hi Waterbaby, 3 cheers for your great week! Keep up the good work!

I'm just floundering here, have one or two fantastic days and then back to the pits. I have started to exercise again, so that feels good! I LOVE the achy feeling, makes me know I worked the bod!

I've been skimming through a website about sugar addiction...www.radiantrecovery.com. Very interesting stuff there, I'd have to say that I am a DEFINITE sugar addict! Not necessarily candy, more like a bread and pasta binger. They talk about how similar the addiction to sugar is to alcoholism. I hear that! There was a point in my life where, had I continued in that direction, I would be an alcoholic today...I firmly believe that I merely replaced that addiction with one to food. BUT, I have every intention of overcoming this one too!

I'm in need of some hot water, maybe even a cup of tea...will check in later...
Old 02-06-2002, 11:27 AM   #12  
Viva la vida loca!

Wow!

everyone has been making progress!!!

Cowgirl, congrats on your loss. I know you're happy!

Jennifa, keep shakin' that healthy butt, girl! I have a copy of "Live Right 4 Your Type" if you want it. Send a mailing address privately and I'll be glad to let you have the copy.

Katrina, good job! I too have a big problem with sugar, and am familiar with Kathleen DesMaison's program. I can also fix you up like Jennifa. I have a copy of "Potatoes Not Prozac" if you want it. send mailing address privately.

When I started Perfect Weight and Body For Life, I packed up all my other gazillion books on diet and nutrition, so I'm glad for someone else to make use of them rather than them just going to a thrift store and sit on a shelf.

Although I follow Body For Life (and drink hot water!), by getting that small potato in me before I go to bed, my moods are much more stable.

Too, when I get enough protein I don't crave carbs. I can honestly say that since I've been following Body for Life and using some of Dr. Chopra's principles, I haven't craved sugar.

I've not lost any more weight, but my body is changing shape. Shoulders are a little firmer, behind has a few less hammer marks..oh, well. They call it "body for life" not "body for 12 weeks" so I guess I get to be patient.

It is snowing like crazy here -- more later!
Old 02-06-2002, 08:23 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

HAMMER MARKS??? Boy, there's an accurate description!
I always referred to that condition as "Cottage Cheese Butt!" Live and learn!
Old 02-07-2002, 10:02 AM   #14  
Simply Noble

To be honest I was a bit mystafied myself! I really had not been trying to loose so much. It was a bit of a surprise the first five I lost last week but the seccond 5 was a shock. I kept going back to the scale to see if I were seeing things.
The only thing I can think is that Veggie stir fry I've been talking about. I like it and have concentrated on having a version of it every meal. I eat as much as I want too but I guess it must still be low cal. I really don't get hungary again when I have it for dinner. I've been told that if I eat this way consistantly I could be at goal in about 3 months! I'll believe it when\if I see it. I just like eating this way because I don't get hungary nearly as much when I do.
I put the recipie in the food section. Really you can use any veggies you enjoy eating. The main idea is to eat alot of veggies and little to no carbs. I get my carbs at breakfast. Also I am told that eating some of the veggies first plugs the stomach and keeps you full longer. This is supposed to be because the veggies take longer to digest. The main bulk of my veggies is cabbage also which I hear is one of the most slow to digest.
I don't know if this is all true but hey I lost almost 15 pounds in a week!

320\264 \140

Last edited by Cowgirl; 02-07-2002 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2002, 03:11 PM   #15  
cookies are for browsers

Hello everyone,

Hot Waterbaby, how's it sippin? You made me LOL about the hammer marks - I call them "dents" because I am working in the body shop!

Cowgirl, how are you? I have to say that stir-fry is highly underrated. I have been cooking it and losing, too.

Katrina, how about you?

I am victorious, I went to a bar and only had cranberry juice even though I really wantd beer. Sneak peek today shows I am down 11 pounds from 2/1!!!!! Of course a lot of it (maybe all) is water weight but man does that make your eyes pop off the scale!

Jennifa
Closed Thread