General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 11:30 PM   #1  

Default Body for Life #27

Falling down on the job!!!

Sorry everyone, I'm in the middle of finals.

Happy Number 27!!!
Old 12-12-2001, 11:44 AM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Angry Another new thread already? WOW!

Us BFLers just fly through these threads so quickly!!

Susanje - I know you will do great in finals. Keep doing your workouts though - they'll help alleviate the stress. Remember to honor self-promises and you'll be

I am just feeling SO great today. Now that I'm focused on a goal event (bodybuilding contest in Summer '02) I found I had even more energy than usual this morning in my workout, which was chest and triceps BTW.

Yesterday at work we had a natural gas leak and the whole complex (three buildings) had to be evacuated for over an hour. Jim and I are both wardens of our respective floors so we were busy getting everyone on our floors out of the building and to the 'safe' area. (The gas leak occurred when the contractors who are starting the construction of building #4 were digging and hit the PG&E line). Jim told me last night that three people remarked to him about my progress and how good I'm looking! What a thrill!

I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet - but I'm going to start today (online that is). Got to buy Jim's brother a little prezzie. He just moved from Florida to Michigan so I'm going to get him something warm to wear from Lands' End or LL Bean as he is probably FREEZING - since he was raised in Southern California (mostly the desert) he is definitely out of his element although he says he really likes Michigan (living near Ann Arbor).

Hope everyone else is doing GREAT! Let's hear from y'all!
Old 12-12-2001, 02:31 PM   #3  

Default polar fleece is always a winner...

as a gift for those climatically impaired. Great news about the contest! You clearly have the mindset to succeed.

I'm glad to hear everyone is thriving. I'm feeling stressed and crazy today, all I want is sugar. So the secret weapons come out - s/f italian flavored syrups, baked apples, and Myoplex lite!

Susanje did you dispose of all your extra MRPs?

Welcome to Jenn!
Old 12-12-2001, 02:54 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Just took care of my bro-in-law...

Old Navy has a **great** website with terrific prices. I bought Scott some fleece sleep bottoms, warm winter socks and some winter gloves, in other words stuff he will probably really need!

Jim just kind of rolled his eyes. He warned me not to buy Scott any clothes but I reasoned that buying sox and sleepwear is a bit different that outside clothes. Besides he can return them to his local Old Navy (I'm assuming there's one in Michigan!) for store credit if he doesn't like them!

Now I'm warmed up - time to buy for my mother in law, niece and nephew (plus a kitty tree for Sparky but the one I want is very expensive $$$). Later gals!
Old 12-13-2001, 10:16 AM   #5  

Angry Ann Arbor

Hi Mrs. Jim,

I couldn't help but reply to something you said previously. BTW you look great, keep it up. I work in Ann Arbor, I use to live there when I first moved to MI, from Cali, but northern cali. I live in Inkster now which is near Romulus and Dearborn. Cool

Yes there is an old Navy here in A2(Ann Arbor), they have a lot sales,and good stuff.

I use to post here often before I found BFL. That was a few years ago

Have a good day.
Old 12-13-2001, 10:17 AM   #6  

Default forgot

I fogot to say my name "Nichole" fellow QS'er
Old 12-13-2001, 01:12 PM   #7  

Hey Everyone!

Happy Thursday. Did my 20 minutes MAS this a.m. after a free week off
between challenges, and am almost recovered from cold. Whoo hoo!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Jenn L.
Old 12-13-2001, 01:53 PM   #8  
Uber-Moderator!!

Angry Howdy Ho!

Here at work today is the big HOLIDAY BRUNCH down in the Auditorium...I went down there just to look. Thank goodness Jim was with me - those tables were LOADED with stuff. Pastries, eggs, bacon, lox, bagels, egg nog, chefs carving roast beef. Of course Jim was in heaven (he doesn't worry about eating clean - yet) but at the same time he told me "don't worry babe, it's almost Sunday - Free Day - you can eat whatever you want then!" That along with keeping my goals in clear focus helped me steer clear of grabbing a plate and chowing down with everyone else! Hooray for me!

Well, I've decided which contests I'm going to shoot for - already posted on the L&S Bodybuilding board but here they are for y'all:

Saturday 4 May - San Francisco (if I can get the fat off my belly, thighs and hips I'm there!);

Saturday 27 July - also in San Francisco.

Now that I have a definite goal date in mind I have even MORE motivation than ever!!! Yee Haw! BRING IT ON!!!

Jen - must have felt GREAT to have a workout day after a week off. I can totally relate to how terrific it feels to hit the gym again after that LONG week!

Nichole - Hey there! Glad to see you here!

I have a meeting so I've got to run. Later everyone!
Old 12-13-2001, 10:50 PM   #9  

MrsJim:

It is SO cool that you're going for the gold. Maybe I'll have to check out the July SF gig if I'm here (I'm interviewing again in NY in January). Your biceps will knock em dead!!!

Lisa: I still have MRPs!!!

Well I have 1.1 exams left (I have a take home paper that I am 99 percent done with and 1 exam [24 hour] on Monday).

whew. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo tired.

gnight!!!

susan
Old 12-14-2001, 12:26 PM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi everybody

MrsJ~~~WTG on making your new goal for next year! I have no doubt that you will accomplish it. You definately have the motivation and drive to compete. Good luck! I'm rooting for ya!!

Nichole~~Great pics over at L&S I posted over there to you.

Susan~~~ Only a few more days to go, gal. Thanks again for the MRP's.

Jenn~~~It feels great to get back to exercising, doesn't it. I'm starting C3 on Jan.4

Hendricks~~~Good choices for that sugar craving I have found that when I crave chocolate, that a Myoplex Lo Carb Cookies & Cream protein bar hits the spot. Whatever gets us through, right?
~~~Sil
Old 12-14-2001, 02:54 PM   #11  

Default it's that time of year...

although bars aren't a "grade A" meal substitute, I'd rather eat one than a doughnut or a Snickers! I had one yesterday while my coworkers ate cheesecake. And I make a shake with rum extract, eggbeaters, and vanilla protein powder that vaguely resembles eggnog if you grate nutmeg on the top!

SUSANJE if ever have any free time when you're in the city let me know. I'm about two hours out by train and I've been planning a visit. Let me know about the MRPs after you're through with exams. I love the Berry Blast you sent.

Have a great weekend my friends. I did a huge amount of shopping this morning and I'll be wrapping Sunday night, with carols and REAL eggnog!
Old 12-14-2001, 06:39 PM   #12  

Default ??? for Mrs. Jim....

what's the deal with Pam Brown and EAS? I read this thread at L&S but everyone seemed clued in. It's hard to believe that anyone who looks like her can be such a genuinely nice person : I'm feeling bad if someone hasn't taken her seriously.

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2001, 07:22 PM   #13  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Our server is finally back up!!!

Our internet provider has been down for most of the day, thank goodness it's finally back up!!

Lisa (and anyone else who's wondering) I honestly DON'T know what the deal is between Pam B and EAS. What I do know is that she officially entered the Challenge - not sure if she entered all three times. She didn't win (keep in mind though that the competition is FIERCE - there are literally thousands of entries - I believe it's the April issue of Muscle Media has all the 2000 Champions - I don't envy the judges one bit).

However I just received my Jan/Feb issue of MM last night and note that Pam's Before and After (I think it's her C3 after pic) is in the free pullout BFL calendar. Of course, when you send your entries into EAS, they have the right to use them in promotions as it is clearly stated in the rules.

I also know she is going to be featured in the next issue of Energy magazine and I'm really looking forward to that! In case you don't know how that came about, basically the editor of Energy, Gretchen, checked the L&S message board and asked opinions of the members. Pretty much everyone asked that they do a story on Pam B and Gretchen agreed! Pam seems excited to me and doesn't seem to hold a grudge against EAS in the slightest. It's more other people coming to her defense IMO. L&S is like a big family and sometimes families have disagreements too. Much of the time I feel like I'm on the fringe of everything there. In fact, if you could let me know the date and time of the start of the thread you're referring to, I'd really like to check it out. My curiosity has been whetted!
Old 12-14-2001, 09:05 PM   #14  

Default mrs.jim...

I'm dying, I just got out of work. I believe it is the "Bill Phillips and success" thread from the last few days. Worth checking out, anyway...some strong feelings.

I feel like a vampire who feeds on MRPs. "Myoplex! Myoplex! I must FEED!"...
Old 12-14-2001, 11:15 PM   #15  
Uber-Moderator!!

Yeah, for some reason everyone is either "Yea, Bill!!" or "Sellout Bill". I consider myself in the first category. I'm forever grateful to him for coming up with BFL which has done so much for me! I did sign up for the official challenge at first but never sent in the packet after I finished. I guess the thought of writing an essay was too daunting (not only do I spend a lot of time here and and L&S, but I help write papers at work and also do Arabian Horse pedigree research as a hobby).

Well I just finished my Christmas shopping (almost!). Got the greatest idea for my niece and nephew (ages 10 and 6). Since they are so hard to shop for I was planning on getting them gift certificates at the mall, and was really dreading going there. I don't know if you all are aware of Visa Gift Cards! I bought a $25 gift card for each one. They are so neat - can be used in any store (including online) that accepts Visa cards. And after the card is used up, you can re-load them with more cash or save it as a collectible (there are a lot of designs to choose from including Olympic motifs). it made MY shopping tons easier!

Plus last night we bought Sparky a gift. You kitty owners out there should check out this site: www.sittingprettykitty.com - this gal makes the GREATEST kitty trees and condos! I was watching an auction on eBay on one of her cat treehouses (they are so neat - they look just like trees - check em out!) and decided not to wait til the end of the auction - I just went to the website and ordered one. They are all custom-built. My friends about died when I said that I paid almost $200 for a kitty condo, but we just dropped a bundle on new living room furniture last year and we want Sparky to have other scratching options. In addition, I wanted something that looked good and this tree is just too cute! I am so excited - Terra started building it today and she said she'd send it out within 7 days so maybe we'll get it in time for Christmas!

Well, that's it for now. Tomorrow I have shoulders/abs/calves then a riding lesson - hoping NOT to fall this time

Later gals!
Closed Thread