General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 11:47 AM   #16  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Hi Girls,

It is damp and windy, kind of raw outside today. D still sleeping at almost 11. A very relaxed Sat. morning. I do abs today but so far I have managed to put it off. That is what is dangerous about having the option of doing it later. But I promise myself I'll get to it. Yesterday GF and I hiked, a good long one, we got a lot of visiting done. She is going to come cook with me one day before my party, it'll be fun!

Hmmm, not much news except I am really in cleaning/ decorating mode. Everyday between now and next Friday is booked with a chore. When I do these parties every other year, they are like a freight train. Lots of fun, but about mid-way through my preparations I start thinking, why on earth am I doing this to myself?!? In the end I'll be glad. My house will be clean and it will be fun.

Take care.
Old 12-15-2001, 03:56 PM   #17  

Default Hi Alice & Ledom

Good for you Alice on losing some weight...even I am down 2 lbs. this week. Wonder what happened there? It must be racing up & down the stairs looking for things I put away last Christmas season.

Yes, I agree with Alice...your D Ledom sounds like a pretty talented young lady! (Just like her mom).

We had a bad storm and power was out for 24hrs. so the DH couldn't go to work. We just retired to the 5th wheel where we had lights and warmth and some place to cook because it isn't just dependent on electricity. It was kind of cozy and nice.

Christmas here is all under control. Just need to enjoy the time waiting for it to arrive. I am baking cookies today. I made a Belgian Christmas cookie recipe off the net and I am going to make gingersnaps as soon as I finish posting.

Yes, I do decorate quite a bit Alice. Over the years I have amassed a pretty big assortment of Christmas stuff. This year I did my tree in various shades of gold with gold ribbons (the wired kind). It looks pretty nice if I do say so myself.

I bought a beginner Tai Chi tape for the am that is only 20 minutes. I shouldn't have tried to kid myself with Tae Bo tapes. I will give them to my D. I need to do some stretching before I walk so I think this tape will be good.

Do you get snow where you are Ledom?

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend

Hi Shebacat! Haven't forgotten about you and I hope all is well in your part of the world.
Old 12-15-2001, 05:22 PM   #18  

Angry Hi ledom & judi,

We did have some rain overnight, but before it ended it turned briefly to snow. Thank goodness we didn't get as much as they were predicting. I will take a dusting over 2"-4" anytime

My eating hasn't gone very well today. DH & I went to the supermarket just to get some scotch tape, and ended up buying some white chocolate coated Oreo cookies. I have had my fill, DH can have the rest of them.

I started wrapping Christmas gifts this morning. It took me about 3 hrs. just to wrap 6 pkgs. As you can tell, this is my favorite job.

judi~Your tree sounds lovely. I'm sure the gold ribbon adds a nice touch. That's wonderful you have lost 2 lb. Keep it up. I thought of you today. I was looking for my cousin's gifts, the one I went to NYC with, and I could not find them. I hid them before she came, and I forgot where I hid them I searched everywhere, and thankfully DH found them. WHEW!! I was picturing myself trying to find things at the last minute before I sent her gifts to her. Let me know how the Tai Chi tape is.

ledom~That's good you are going to have help with cooking for your party. What is going to be on the menu? You will have a great time. I get very nervous when I have people over, that's why I don't do it very often.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Take care. Alice
Old 12-16-2001, 11:06 AM   #19  
Chick

Default Goodmorning,

How is everyone? I am a cleaning maniac. My windows, light fixtues, mirrors, and framed pictures are all sparkling now. Tomorrow my mother and I are going to my great uncle's farm to cut a cedar tree. I am going to do my floors today (maybe), and do a few cooking things.

I went for a short hike this a.m. and that was in the rain. I was dressed for it though. Tomorrow is rest day. I went to the store awhile ago and walked all through the store with two pkg. of hard candy in my basket, but then I put it back at the last minute. I am postponing my descent into christmas treats as long as I can. Sigh! I am not weighing for a while, I think I am maintaining pretty well but I don't need to weigh too often until after Christmas. I don't want to frustrate myself. BUT, congrats to you two, I think you are doing great with your losses. I think we all are being very practica! about how we are handling the holiday.

judi, your tree sounds so pretty. I am just getting going on my decorating. I got the electric candles in the windows last night which makes it feel very festive. I have a fir tree outside that I put lights on. I have two cedar wreaths with holly and red bows on the garage doors. The night of my party I will have luminaries. It is kind of a gradual thing here. Alice, I'd love to get a package from you, sounds like you make beautiful ones.
Old 12-16-2001, 02:37 PM   #20  

Angry Good afternoon!

It has gotten colder. They are predicting a storm Mon. afternoon and ending sometime on Tues. They don't know what we will get, either snow or sleet. On Tues. DH & I both have our 6 month dental appt., and usually if it's bad weather and they close the schools, the dentist office closes too. We really want to get these appts. over with.

ledom~Will you come and clean my house? Your house will look so pretty when you finish decorating. I know what you mean about postponing Christmas treats. That box of cookies has been my only lapse. I plan on waiting until the end of the week before I have anymore treats. It's funny, but eating cookies, candy, etc., holds no appeal for me for some reason. I usually feel sick after indulging.

Hi judi! Hope you are having a good day.

After I finish this, I am off to wrap more gifts!!
Take care. Alice
Old 12-16-2001, 04:19 PM   #21  

Default Hi girls!

It sounds like everyone is in full swing with Christmas preparations. I think I can see your house sparkling from here Ledom.

I admire people who entertain too, I am too neurotic and worry about it too much. Only with people I know very well and then it is OK.

I am having no trouble with fruits part of the diet, now that the Japanese mandarins are on sale. I have tried the Korean, Chinese and Cal. ones but still prefer the Japanese ones. They are better than ever this year.

I made 2 types of cookies yesterday and froze them immediately (to get temptation out of sight) and then I will make 2 more types this afternoon. You know I find that when I am cooking or baking something as satisfying as eating...who are you calling food obsessed? It is ok, I can admit what I am. Also I find if I am a bit hungry when I am shopping, cooking or baking I do a better job of it.

It is raining here and the snow is gone. The yard just looks a mess now with all the plants beaten down from the former snow and the wind. Oh well....

Alice soon you will have those dentist appts. behind you and won't have to go for another 6 months

OK, cookie makin' time I love this season.
Old 12-17-2001, 02:27 PM   #22  
Chick

Default Oh Girls,

Just a quick post to check in. The fruit you guys get on the west coast sounds so exotic judi. Wish I could come shop for my citrus salad there. Cleaning, cooking, decorating, all a jumble of rushing from one job to the other. We get the tree tomorrow because it was raining this a.m. Play is tonight, and I think my gift shopping is complete. Not the wrapping and shipping, but SOON!

No exercise today, rest day and my body needed it. I'm slipping into a few temptations, nuts mostly. I need a plan to hold out a little longer. I am going to fill all my water bottles and cool them down so I'll have water handy and I'll try to reach for that a lot.

Girls, let's don't get too busy and miss out on the simple pleasures. I'm talking to myself mostly.

Oh, the thing I like about my christmas party is the introducing of people I like to each other. I like to invite my best and oldest friends, people I work with who I like, and then there are a few traditional guests whom I only see once every couple years, like at my christmas party. Everyone congregates in the kitchen, lots of good food and booze and everyone has fun. I can let my hair down because I am DONE and I don't have to drive home. Recovery day is nice too. OK, back to the floors.
Old 12-17-2001, 04:30 PM   #23  

Angry Good afternoon!

It started snowing late morning and we got a couple of inches before it turned to sleet about an hr. ago. It was kind of nice watching it snow now that Christmas is nearing.

ledom, it sounds like you all have such a great time at your Christmas parties. I am also into the nuts today, Cashews, my very favorite, plus some left over M & M's, which promptly made me ill. It must be the sugar, as I haven't eaten anything sugary in the past couple of years. Hope you have a good time at the play tonight.

judi, DH & I have our fingers & toes crossed that the Dentist's office will be open tomorrow. I like to get unpleasant things over with asap. Lacee was soooo funny earlier when she was outside while it was snowing. This is was her first hard snowfall. She was running..jumping..prancing..sniffing..she had a ball. When she came in she was a white dog!! YUMMM! I can smell your cookies baking!!

Take care. Alice
Closed Thread