General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 08:53 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 170/154/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi Danielle...

I have been doing Slim-fast for a while now. I have lost 41lbs. It is so unlike any other diet cause there are no counting calories. Thats why I could never do WW.

I have done SF for years too. Some may think and say "you just gain the weight back". Well, the only reason why I always gained it back was cause I got pregnant! I have 3 kids and hubby got fixed 4 days after the last one! LOL Now, I know for sure I will get this weight off and keep it off for good this time

Good luck and please keep us posted as to how you are doing...Sherrie

170/129/110
Old 03-23-2001, 07:37 AM   #32  

Hi all, Hope you don't mind me joining in. I started slim fast last week only having 1 shake a day for now I only had a 1 lb. lose this week because I was sick and didn't feel like exercising much. I think though I will start on 2 shakes a day and one meal that is what I usually had before I started dieting. I counted calories for a month and lost 9 lbs. Hopefully slimfast will help me get the weight off faster.
How many calories should a person comsume in a day while on slimfast?
170/160/115

sportsmom2
Old 03-23-2001, 08:31 AM   #33  

Default hi

HI everyone,

How is everyone doing on slim fast. I kind of fell off of it so it is time to get back.

I am thinking if trying a different flavor can some tell me what is there favorite flavor. Also
what do you like the best the drink or the bars. I use both of them more bars than shake.
Old 03-23-2001, 08:58 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I personally enjoy the strawberry myself. The milk chocolate isn't bad either.

I'm not having a problem having my shakes or bars, mine is have the mid-morning and afternoon snacks. I don't have any. I'm afraid I might overeat. I'm going to work on them next. I also don't think I'm having enough calories in the day. I hate counting calories, but when I roughly add them up I'm having less than 1000. (This coming from someone who consumed more than 3000 each day, probably more if you count all the sodas, big macs, and foot longs)

Anyone have any ideas how to get enough calories without having to count them?

Thanks,
Dawnyal
Old 03-23-2001, 09:09 AM   #35  
Are We Nearly There Yet?!

Default Not counting

I don't know about getting enough calories without counting them, but I do know that fruit and veg (especially the watery types like grapes, peppers, luttuce, cucumber, oranges, berries etc - not bananas!) have hardly any calories in them and loads of good nutriants. So if you fill up on these types of foods, you won't be eating loads of calories, but you will be getting all the good stuff you need.
Old 03-23-2001, 12:24 PM   #36  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Babygirl, It is so nice to come here and have someone give encouragement. You should see the bickering going on in the scams thread about slimfast. I finnaly had enough. Why can't people just accept the choices others make and be supportive instead of making them feel bad about their choice. Well anyway I'm glad I can come here and be encouraged.
Things are going ok here. I had a two day spell of wanting to cheat and last night I really wanted some junk food. Fortunatly I didn't have any and was not going to go to the store at 11:30pm so I had an apple and got over it. No weight loss this week but we can't have it all all the time can we? Is anyone thinking we should start thread #2 yet?
Have a great day!
Old 03-23-2001, 02:53 PM   #37  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Friday!!!

I have been doing well this week...I decided to "treat" myself to McDonalds today...
I feel a bit guilty, but I have been doing so well this week and I'm really proud
of myself. I had a plain fish sandwich and I was going to get a McSalad Shaker, but
they were out of Garden so I got small fries (terrible! I know!).

Buuut....I have a really good dinner planned! Are any of you interested in
vegetarian foods? I found this really good "chicken" that's awesome!

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-23-2001, 03:41 PM   #38  

Default Great Job to all my new buddies...

I just read the posts and I think y'all are doing great!!! Keep up the great work

I know what ya mean about people "downing Slim-fast" but I just ignore their comments. It is the only diet that has ever worked for me and I am sticking to it. When we lose all of our weight and they are struggling...well, lets just see what they have to say then.

I dont count calories either so I am not exactly sure how many you are suppose to have each day. You might want to try ivillage.com. I think they have weight calculaters there and based on your weight they will tell you how many you should have.

As far as "cheating". If you have done really good all week then I say...go ahead and have a treat! Dieting is hard work and if you dont give yourself a treat every now and then...you wont feel deprived and binge or just plain give up.

Yes, I think we do need a new thread. Go for it. I am a new person here so I am not exactly sure how to do it.

Does anyone ever go to the Slimfast site?

Anyways...take care and have a great weekend.

P.S. If you fall down(cheat), dont just sit there...get up and get back on track. We can all help each other

170/128/110 Sherrie
Old 03-23-2001, 05:59 PM   #39  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hi, Sherrie!

I just noticed that you lost 3 more pounds! Congratulations!

I just started SF this week, so I'll let you all know what my results
were. I think I did quite well, considering I drastically changed my eating
habits from one week to the next....if no loss, then no biggie...I'll just
continue on the way I have been.

Question:

Do all of you actually not have anything BUT SF during the day?
For example, I can usually have a bar for BF, but I usually have to
have something inbetween bars: a few pretzels, can of carrots,
salad, canned fruit, whatever. Sometimes, I don't.

What do you all think? I know you can have a couple of fruits, but
I'm just wondering how any of you can follow what the can says
and have SF for BF and lunch and not have anything until dinner! That's
why I say I'm not really following the plan, just incorporating it in my
diet so I know what I'm eating...

Or am I missing something?

Girlie
Old 03-23-2001, 11:41 PM   #40  
Simply Noble

Ok this is just my experience but here is what I do.
1 I alow myself one day a week to have anything to eat that I want. Usually it is pizza.
2 I always have snacks between meals. Here is my schedual.
9am Slimfast or other meal replacement bar.
11am a snack which could be any of the following list.
Slimfast snack bar
Piece of fruit
Energy bar(from Sam's club)
Quaker fruit and oatmeal bar
Some trail mix, about 1\2 cup
I have been trying a lot of diferent things and so far these are my favorites
1pm full dinner. I work evenings and finde it works best to have supper at lunch time. Bonus, it makes youre body use the food for energy rather than storing it for the next day as it would if I ate in the evening.
3pm snack
6-7pm slimfast
8-10 pm snack
This seems to work best because I never go to long without eating wich is important for me because I crash if I don't eat frequently. I am not usually hungry except for when I get the munchies like this week.
I have lost over 50 pounds doing this.
Hope you found this helpfull
Old 03-26-2001, 12:43 AM   #41  

Default Sherrie's SF schedule...

7:30 am SF shake
8am exercise-Abslide(15min)
8:30am treadmill-30min...2 miles
noon SF shake
3pm SF energy bar
6pm exercise-Abslide(15min)
6:30pm treadmill-30min...2 miles
8pm. bowl cereal-banana granola

This is my schedule. Its not much calories but believe it or not, I am satisified. Only 1 time in the last 8weeks I felt like I wanted to binge.

On the weekends I am easier on myself too. I have lost 42lbs.

170/128/110 Sherrie
Old 03-26-2001, 09:21 AM   #42  

Default New to Slimfast

Hi ladies: I must say I was a slimfast skeptic, but as I read your threads and thought about what is on the market now,,a lot of it does the same thing slimfast does and slimfast cost less. I like the pre-mixed cans, I do not intend to do it the rest of my life, but for now it is working...I am doing a plan something like cowgirl, except I am only doing it 3 d-4 days a week. I have already lost weight, I am just trying to get another 8-10lbs off.
I eat a relatively heathly breakfast, eat a full lunch, do a shake for dinner, may have a couple of snacks during the day..it is working I have lost 3lbs.!!
I have never been a dinner eater, I love to eat breakfast and lunch, so I just switched things around, it was amazing when I read Cowgirl was doing it also.
I always do better in weight loss and maintainance if I eat a light dinner or skip it..I was getting tired of eating cereal for dinner, so that is when I thought of slimfast!!
Can't find the new varieties in my area, so I do the chocolate and vanilla, didn't like the strawberry..
Good luck to all!!
Old 03-26-2001, 09:20 PM   #43  

Default Hi lady2001...

You are doing great! Keep up the great work. It is so nice to hear of others that swear by Slim-fast. It is very good for you and it fills you up till your next meal. I dont understand the people that say they are hungrier after the shake.

Anyways, its nice to have a new friend. Please post often so we can all support each other.

Take care,
Old 03-27-2001, 01:29 PM   #44  
Simply Noble

I don't understand that either. A friend of mine just started Slimfast also and sh can't even finnish a whole can. She has half for breakfast and the rest later.
I learned to like eating my biggest meal fo lunch at collage. The cafetiria always seved a heavy lunch and a light supper. That was the first time I lost a whole lot of weight. Of course I was getting loads of excersise also. We were on horses 2 hours a day besides all the walking to oter classes. Sometimes I wish I could go back just for the excersise and weight loss.
I started using a Richard Simmons tape today. I got through about 10 min. I like how he keeps encouraging you to keep going. I am so unco-ordinated. I was always up when he was down and vice versa. I had to close the blinds. I doubt anyone would have seem me but I am a bit self concious about dancing around the livingroo. Pluss I wanted to wear as little as possible to keep from getting too hot.
I still have the munchies. Last night I ate a whole pack of dove truffle eggs. I'm glad they only come out for easter because I am so hooked on them.
Hope you all are doing well with youre diets
Old 03-27-2001, 01:56 PM   #45  

Sheesh, lucky you! I gained about 50 pounds in college! Unfortunately, *my* cafeteria served a big meal for both lunch AND dinner!

As far as a slim-fast shake getting me through the whole morning- there's no way. I weigh 250 pounds, and need a lot more than that to keep me going all morning- but amazingly, it does get me through a good 2 or 3 hours, and it satisfies me completely the moment after I finish drinking it- therefore, by the time I think to myself ("Hmm, I could really use something else to eat,"), I'm already out of the house, and that thought passes quickly.
Closed Thread