General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 08:59 AM   #16  

Default what plan are you on

I thought it would be interesting to see what plans we are incorporating the slimfast with.

I am combining richard simmons with the old ww exchange program. And i have the slimfast
once or twice aday.

how about the rest of you
Old 03-16-2001, 09:44 AM   #17  
hot mom wanna be!

Hi everyone
WW gal-I am not really on a plan except for counting calories. It has always worked for me in the past. My problem has always been to keep doing it once the weight is off. For some reason once I feel that I look pretty good I quit doing what I did to lose the weight and it comes back!! Duh!! Why don't I ever keep it up to keep it off? I know that pretty much for the rest of my life I will have to be careful with what I eat and will have to exercise too. Not only for health benefits but also to keep the old metabolism going!
Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-16-2001, 09:59 AM   #18  

WWgal- I'm following Weight Watchers Winning Points plan- pretty diligently, I might add! I just began the program March 2nd.

262/253/175
Old 03-16-2001, 02:39 PM   #19  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down

Loreli thanks I'm glad to hear that you enjoy encouragement from the scriptures. Bible reading is a huge part of my life and gives me the encouragement I need since loosing my dear husband.
I am so happy this week! I lost another 3 pounds bringing me to 273 I have not been that low in three years! short term goal 250, long term goal 175. I have so far to go but hey I've come a long way too! I am starting to incorporate more excersise. I ride every monday and do the crunch machine wed and fri for 15 minnuts. Believe me 15 is all I can take! After being plateaued st 280 for two months I thought I'd never loose anymore so a big yippeee now I'm loosing again. 7 pounds in two weeks! It was so great yesterday to hear a friend say " hey are you loosing weight again?"
I tried another kind of power bar this week. Not as good as the other ones though. I got the performance variety, it comes in bannana, strawberry and mixed berry. They aren't bad and only 2.5 fat grams but I still like the Harvest variety best. That toffee chocolate crunch is out of this world. I still like slimfast too but am not into drinking meals right now and don"t like the bars as much as Power Bars.
Wishing everyone out there success in their goals. Keep "fighting the fine fight" 1 Tim 6:12

Last edited by Cowgirl; 03-16-2001 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2001, 04:18 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default New to the area

I just started the slimfast plan this week. I used it about 10 years ago and lost 50 pounds, but it didn't taste as well as it does today and it was so hard to continue it in my senior year at high school. So far this week, I've lost 8 pounds.
I'm not following the slimfast plan per se, or any other plan for that matter. I've just been drinking tons of water (anywhere from 80 to 120 oz per day) and cut out my sodas. I try and exercise at least 3 times a week. I've got a long way to go to reach my goal, but I know I can do it.
I look forward to losing these pounds with you.

Barbygirl43
(295/286/135)
(I think i did that right? original weight/loss/goal)
Old 03-18-2001, 11:55 AM   #21  
Simply Noble

I sorta follow the plan, with a few twists. I don't always stick to Slimfast, although I do agree it tastes better now. A friend of mine has started using it too and is already 5 pounds lighter! I have lost another 7 pounds in the last two weeksI sure wish I could make myself drink more watter. I keep it in reach at work and do ok ther but at home I just don't want anything cold this time of year. In summer I do drink more though. Hey it's the last day of winter! I'm looking forward to warm days and working in my garden!
Old 03-19-2001, 06:31 PM   #22  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hello!

Sounds like all of you are doing well!

I decided not to weight myself again until this weekend, just so I can have a full week under my blet. But it sounds like all of you are doing quite well.

As far as the question, I'm eating a low fat, mostly vegetarian diet. I kind of follow SF, but
due to my schedule, sometimes I have breakfast and use SF for the other meals, with a few
little snacks and fruits in between. Some days I eat two meals, some days one. I don't
get off of work until 9pm and instead of having a quick dinner at work, I'd rather have a nice
meal for the one or two meals that I do have a day.

Cowgirl:
I forgot the names of these bars that I tried once, but they were really good...I can't remember
the name of them for anything! I'm sure you're tried them before..they are in the section of
WM that sell the SF products, and they are in a purple and white package. I'll let you know if I
suddenly remember.

Sounds like everyone is doing really well!

Here's a little hint...if you're feeling a sweet tooth coming on, keep a pack of sugar free
jello in the fridge..the premade cups. They are great as a sweet filler and have 10 calories
apiece, so you can eat a couple of them without guilt!
Old 03-19-2001, 08:26 PM   #23  

Default Pounds Off bars

the bars that come in the purple wrapers are pounds off bars. These bars have less sugar than SF if I remember correctly
Old 03-19-2001, 09:58 PM   #24  
Simply Noble

I have use pounds off bars before and I agree they are pretty good. But just once try those Harves power bars. You won't believe how good they are. But make sure it is the Harvest variety because the others are not as good, in fact not even close to Pounds off bars or even Slimfast.
I went riding today for an hour. The weather was beautiful again but it is suposed to snow friday. Of course I find that out after deciding to step up to riding twice a week. Whiskey(my horse) is realy getting in shape and so am I. I did have a very sore butt thoughI love spring!
Old 03-20-2001, 09:37 AM   #25  

Good Morning and Happy First Day of Spring to all.

I agree that the SF can really help out. I do not follow the whole plan, but use the powder mix in the late afternoons while making dinner or sharing a shack with my 2 year old. I mix up the powder in the blender (no lumps) with lots of ice, (enough to count as a water under WW), and 1/2 cup of fruit like frozen strawberries, canned peaches or pineppple. As may or may not be obvious, I do not like chocolate, so I use the strawberry and vanilal flavors and am waiting for the soy SF to come out in more flavors.

I have also used the powder mixed with milk or fruit juice and partially frozen it to take with me in the morning if I am going to have breakfast on the road.

I do like the snack bars and keep them in the car for emergencies, those cases when I am trying not to pull in to the BK or McD. for a happy meal, and to keep to my plan.

The best thing to learn is a positive attitude.
Liza
Old 03-20-2001, 01:47 PM   #26  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Cowgirl:

No, oh...I remembered the bar. They aren't meal replacers, just a women's nutritional bar. It's Viactiv. They are pretty low in fat and come in good fruity flavors.

I have been doing very well this week. Can't wait til weigh in this weekend!
Old 03-20-2001, 02:38 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 170/154/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Slim-fast...

Thank-you soooo much for starting this thread. No one seems to understand Slim-Fast unless they have personally seen results!
I started back in jan. 2000 after my 3rd baby was born. (He was born sept. 99) I went from 170 to 126. It took me from jan-july. Then my mom died in july after a 4yr. battle with cancer and I gave up...just quit! I gained 20lbs. I got serious again and started exercising and dieting in jan. 2001. I am 131lbs. now and on the way to my goal of 110lbs.
For exercise, I walk on my treadmill 4miles a day and I do the AbSlide for 20min. each day.
We all will reach our goals!!! Lets do it TOGETHER

If anyone wants to email me...my address is [email protected]
Old 03-21-2001, 11:17 AM   #28  
Simply Noble

Well, this has been a bummer week for me. It started out good but yesterday was bad. First I had the munchies! I just wanted to eat everything I could find. Fortunatly I have no junk food in the house so I could not get in too much troubble. When I got to wor the girls were asking everyone to buy cany bars for their kids. Sarris chocolate is not to be passed up so I bought one. Then I started feeling sick, not from the chocolate, I think I may be getting the flu. Anyway I was having a lot of vertigo. To top it off just as I was almost ready to punch out I had some large containers fall and hit me in the nose. I wound up with a deep cut on the bridge and nearly passed out.
The good news, I did not gain any weight! By thw way in the summer I love to make those frozen Slimfast shakes. Espesially orange pineapple with a little lowfat vanilla icecream and an orange blended in. It is sorta like a creamsicle shake.
Hope you gals are having a better week than me.
Old 03-21-2001, 08:01 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Cowgirl--I'm so sorry to hear you had a horrible day. I know how the munchies go. Mine always hits in the evenings after I've wound down from work.

I hope your day goes better.

Dawnyal
Old 03-22-2001, 01:52 PM   #30  

Hi all...I just started Slim Fast a week ago...I am really doing well so far...it keeps the cravings down to a minimum. I was doing WW but without much success. Wish me luck.

Love,
Danielle
Closed Thread