General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2001, 06:22 PM   #61  

Default I'm Starting Tomorrow!

Hi Everyone, I presently attend WW, but I am at a standstill now. I once lost 35 pounds on the Selection plan and I KNOW it does work (for me). I can only speak for myself, but I know it works for me when nothing else does. It gets me pass plateaus like nothing else can. Do you have a weekly weigh-in? I'm glad to meet all of you. I'm not sure which version I'll be using. I have atleast four different WW selection plans.
Old 03-21-2001, 12:03 AM   #62  

Hi to you! I haven't seen much response on this thread since I decided to do the exchanges. I don't know where everyone went to?? Anyway, I am like you and at a stand still with the 123. I always felt so good on the exchange program. I started it a few days ago and did really well. The last couple of days have been a little tougher but having someone else on the board might help. So, glad to see someone else on board! I'm willing to give it a try!!

Starting Weight...170
Now.....164
Goal.....125
Old 03-21-2001, 08:46 AM   #63  

Default Hi Homegal!

HomeGal- It is also good to hear from someone else using the selection plan. I am on my way to my ww meeting, but I wanted to say "Hi!" Let me know which plan you are using. I'll get back to you later on today. ~~Carol J.
Old 03-21-2001, 04:10 PM   #64  

Default hi

Hi

I am also using the exchange plan. I think it is easier than the points. Which plan is
everyone using ? I am using the plan from 1996 ( the freedom plan).
Old 03-21-2001, 06:03 PM   #65  

Default Hi WW Gal

I am also using the Freedom Plan. I am so glad I didn't throw any of the different programs away. I think I'm going to write ww a letter and tell them that it would be nice if they still had the option of using the selection plans for those that want to. It seems to be easier for some of us. I think it is easier for me because it makes me have balanced meals. It makes me eat from all of the food groups each day. I really prefer using the older ww versions. I can only speak for myself, but I have better success using the old plans.
~~~~Carol J.
Old 03-21-2001, 08:42 PM   #66  

Hi ladies! Good to see that there is still some interest in the selection plan. I am also following the freedom plan but I do have the literature for a few different ones. I seem to have good control on the freedom plan and you tend to have a good and wide variety of foods. My problem with the points is it just gives me "too" much freedom!! I know it is "my" fault but I tend to go toward foods that I shouldn't be eating. Too many cakes and cookies and then I have went over my points and get depressed and say, to heck with it! So, I do better and "feel" better on exchanges. I am taking a trip to Las Vegas on Friday until the next Thursday, so I won't be posting until I get back. The fight of the "buffets"!!!!!! I will be doing my best and reporting back when I return. I went shopping for some short outfits today, SCARY!!!! I need to drop some pounds!
So, I will return and hopefully everyone will still be inspired to do this thing called "weight loss"! Good luck to all.

homegal

170/125/164
Old 03-22-2001, 06:31 PM   #67  

Default Hi Home Gal

Enjoy your trip and drink plenty water with your food! I know I'll still be here when you get back. I have no other option except this. I'll never give up! Let us know how your trip went when you get back. ~Carol J.
Old 03-23-2001, 05:23 PM   #68  

Default Healthy Eating on 123

I don't see how anyone can say they have followed 123 but they eat too many cookies or too much cake or whatever. If you follow the guidelines, you only have 3 points a day to spend on this junk AND fat. Let's face it, what we eat counts, no matter what program we use...calories do count.
Old 03-23-2001, 09:38 PM   #69  

I have been doing the personal choice WW program. Very simalar to the one you're doing. I have been on it for 3 weeks and lost 7 #'s so far. It is the one they were doing in late 80's or eary 90's. I lost to my goal and reached my lifetime membership. That was several years and a lot of #'s ago. I need support to reach that goal one more time.
Old 03-23-2001, 10:48 PM   #70  

Default I'm wondering

what happened to Tired Of Being Fat?? She originally posted this thread but I haven't seen her on here at all. I hope she's doing ok!
Also, since I'm wondering I am going to start the plan from the early 90's (92,93) which I thought was just the exchange/selction program (I didn't think it had a name!!) but, I am reading about people going on the Freedom Plan and another one, I can't remember right now what it's called, and I am wondering what those are. Are they basically the same as the exchange/selection program?
Pat
Old 03-24-2001, 09:44 AM   #71  
yagottawanna

Default Re: Healthy Eating on 123

I'm new to this thread, and must say, personally it was a relief to find so many others for whom 1-2-3 has not worked. Perhaps it's us not letting it work for us..... but I can honestly say that each time I've tried it, I've given it 110% and become so depressed to see the numbers on the scale continue to climb...... so I say this to you, QuilterInVA.... I've read the entire thread, and I don't recall anyone trashing 1-2-3..... if it works for you and thousands of others, fantastic...... all we're saying is we had better results on previous programmes and we're not going to allow a corporate decision derail our personal efforts to get in shape.

thanks for listening
jess

Quote:
Originally posted by QuilterInVA
I don't see how anyone can say they have followed 123 but they eat too many cookies or too much cake or whatever. If you follow the guidelines, you only have 3 points a day to spend on this junk AND fat. Let's face it, what we eat counts, no matter what program we use...calories do count.
Old 03-24-2001, 09:59 AM   #72  
yagottawanna

Default oops....... put this in the wrong place!

ok --- perhaps I should have written this message first..... but anyway.....
I've hit that point (again) where I have got to make this work..... I lost nearly 70lbs on the Freedom Plan (the last one before they switched to 1-2-3) and loved it......

But once I went on 1-2-3, the weight started crawling back onto my hips, thighs and butt! I've tried the 1-2-3 programme a few times since, inlcuding when I was in London, and I can honestly say I gave it my all. Tracked every morsel I ever crammed into my mouth, exercised like a maniac..... and week after week, continued to gain weight......

You can imagine how i wanted to strangle the members who hopped on the scales, squealed when the scales were shoved further and further to the left, that they had been SO BAD THIS WEEK. It wasn't fair.

So I determine that I was a failure and was destined to be fat..... in October last year, I began working out with a fantastic personal trainer..... and while I'm getting fitter and stronger, I'm not getting thinner because I'm not eating properly and not getting in as much cardio as I need.....

He's tried to get me to follow his special diets, but after a week and a half, I declared that I'd rather kill myself than gag down scrambled egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast, broiled chicken and steamed broccoli and tuna and white rice everyday for the rest of my life.......

so, this week, I had my moment..... the one where I realised no one could do this for me but me..... and this morning, I dug out the Freedom Plan (thank god I'm a pack rat) and have set aside time today to plan a week ahead. tomorrow morning, I'll hit the food store to make sure I can't use the excuse that I don't have the right stuff at home..... and I'm going to do this.

Well...... I think I'll get off my soapbox now. I know it was long and ranting, but I needed to get it off my chest and hope that someone who understands where I'm coming from will read it and perhaps let me know that I've got their support.

Thanks
And congrats to all of you who're doing it for yourselves.

jess
Old 03-25-2001, 02:08 PM   #73  

Default Hi Jessijo

It is good to meet you on this board. Like I said earlier, I can only speak for (myself), but what works for one person doesn't always work for everybody and that is why I need the structure of the Freedom Plan too because it makes me eat from each food group in a healthy way every day. We are all different people with different bodily responses to different eating plans. If every diet program worked for every person, there wouldn't be any need for all the hundreds of different diets out there. I am happy for the people that have great success on the 123, but for me I do better on exchange plans like the Freedom Plan. It is a matter of personal choice and I choose to use the plan that works best for me. Who can say for sure why a certain diet works and another one doesn't? All I know is when I find something that works for me I like it! How about you? I was so glad to find this thread. I hope we get more positive responses from anyone that can relate to this subject. Nice to meet you and I hope to hear from you again soon. ----Carol J.
Old 03-28-2001, 11:14 AM   #74  
yagottawanna

Default where'd everyone go?

I've been back to check this thread everyday, but nothing much going on...... gues everyone's busy.
It's my third official day back on the freedom plan, and so far, all's going well. it seems to be working.

well, talk later
jess
Old 03-28-2001, 12:51 PM   #75  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by QuilterInVA
I don't see how anyone can say they have followed 123 but they eat
too many cookies or too much cake or whatever. If you follow the
guidelines, you only have 3 points a day to spend on this junk AND
fat. Let's face it, what we eat counts, no matter what program we
use...calories do count.
I beg to differ with you on this. If you follow the "basic" quidelines for heathy eating as broken down by Eating by the Numbers (Complex carbs 6-9 points; Protien 6-8 Points; Fats 2-3 Points; Fruits/Veggies 0-3 Points; and Dairy 4-6 Points) and only eat the minimum number of suggest points even at the lowest point range under the newest version that leaves 5 points to spend as you choose - while you should be spending them wise some choose to spend them foolishly on "cookies or cakes" thus staying OP (and within their points) but may feel the spend too much on those things.

Personally, I spend my 18 points as listed above and that leaves me 9 points (I follow 1-2-3 Success/The 10% Difference with a few add things from Winning Points - but that is a whole other story) to spend as I see fit or on whatever I choose. I usually choose to spend it on a daily "treat." I'm on OP and staying within my points but some will say I spend eat too much "treat" foods.

Maybe that is what you are misunderstanding when they say this.

Once again I do have a journal that combines the structure of selections with the ease (for lack of a better term) of points if anyone wants it. My e-mail is [email protected]
Closed Thread