General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 03:34 PM   #16  

Default starting at last, Monday 11/19

I'll be starting my Challenge (finally!) and thought I would post a brief profile.

I've lost 65 pounds since 1995, from an all time high of 219. During the last year I've stopped losing and begun gaining...only 5 pounds, but we know how that goes...

It has been a very difficult three years. In 1999, I nearly lost my mother. Throughout this period, my husband has been in and out of recovery for alcoholism. In the fall of 2000, he quit his job and put us in bankruptcy court. We lost our house. I even had to give my dog away.

Jim and I have been separated (he's been a volunteer in an AA facility, and sober, for more than a year.) In October, he told me that he wants to move back to North Carolina. There is no possibility of my leaving here so I suspect the break will be final. In addition to this heartbreaking news, my job as a reference librarian has been cut and I'll be forced to do something else.

I'm only sharing this because it explains my burning desire to be successful at BFL. I want to start the new year of 2002 as a winner, and remember what that feels like.

Mrs. Jim and Susanje I'm going to follow in your lean and strong footsteps!

My 12 week goals are to lose 8 pounds of fat and gain 4 pounds of muscle. My BF is now 28% so that would put me around 23%.

Goal 2 is that all my size 8s will fit much better than they do now, and I'll be able to get rid of some items because they are too big!

My very long term goal is to be as inspiring to others as some of my mentors here and at L&S.

Thank you. I promise to never do another post this long!
Old 11-16-2001, 03:44 PM   #17  

PLEASE feel free to post as long a post as you want! As many times as you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't edit yourself! we are here for support and you can say whatever you want!!!

My condolences on your separation. I know that when I separated from my first husband, eating right and body building were such a good thing for me. Kept my mood elevated and my health in tact.

As you go down this path, lean on us!!!

Take care and check in often.

Susan
Old 11-16-2001, 03:46 PM   #18  

Also, please feel free to email me privately. It sounds like you've had a very rough year and if you need to talk privately, feel free to send mail.
Old 11-16-2001, 05:24 PM   #19  

Default Christmas came early....thanks to Susanje

I'm going to have a chance to try some new MRPs, and clear out your shelves at the same time!

I just discovered that the gym on campus is going to be closed most of next week so I'm going to sign up for a free week at the Y to be sure I get all my work outs in. Fortunately the weather is still good enough to do cardio outside.

CARRIE are you the one who sometimes mentions the great-sounding menus you and your husband shared on Challenge One? I should have paid more attention but I know someone here was posting some really unusual and delicious sounding menus. I'd love to share some recipes.

MRS.JIM I hope that you enjoyed every moment of your day off.
Old 11-16-2001, 05:52 PM   #20  
GARDENING ADDICT

Susan~Hello and Welcome!!!!!

Do not hesitate to post long and often. We are all here for support and we gain so much from sharing with each other.

I have no doubt that you can acheive exactly what you want. Stay strong and determined~you can do it. We're all here for you
~~~Sil
Old 11-17-2001, 10:53 AM   #21  
Uber-Moderator!!

Smile Harry Potter was great!

...but I wish I'd read the book first! It IS a very long movie - but the same way that "Gone with the Wind" is a long movie - not boring at all. However, make sure you go to the bathroom first because you will not want to miss a minute. Kind of a long movie for my little 5 1/2 year old nephew but he was mesmerized. Now I'll have to read the book!

I did enjoy my day off but I was VERY busy - first thing in the morning, I worked out of course, then left the house at around 10:00 to go to my riding lesson (I have one today as well but since I had the day off I thought I'd schedule an extra one). Fridays are pretty laid back at the barn - after the lesson we hacked around the property for awhile, then took the horses back and untacked, groomed, and OMG I forgot what time it was - just had enough time to drive back and pick up the kids for Harry Potter, which started at 3:00 but the theater recommended that we be there at LEAST 45 minutes early! Anyway to make a long story short, I did NOT get in my six meals yesterday because all I ate other than my Myo Lite was a banana and a couple of carrots. When I got home around 6:00 I made Jim and I some ahi tuna with brown rice and veggies and it was SO GOOD!

My sister - who of course is not on BFL - had an excellent suggestion for the future - she buys these little individual servings of Knudsen cottage cheese for the kids' lunch (Madeline likes mixing them with fruit). When I go shopping I'm going to pick up some of those as well. I usually buy the big tub of CC but the little ones would be easy to tote along in a cooler to have after my riding lesson!

Lh - let me add my congrats to your beginning the program - you won't regret it - and how great that you've done so much research before starting - you'll surely cross the Abyss which is really the most important thing, along with PLANNING and INTENSITY, let's not forget keeping the MOTIVATION!

Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here, the next month and a half I am really going to be putting my all into my program - and keeping the promise I made to myself to work even harder during the holidays to LOSE bodyfat rather than gain it! It is more important than ever to post at this time...both here and at www.leanandstrong.com!

Later gals!

Last edited by MrsJim; 11-17-2001 at 10:58 AM.
Closed Thread