General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #46  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Anyone still do the T-Factor. My Dad told me he has been doing this and is down about 25 pounds. I dug out all my diet books and found both the original book and the updated version. I've never tried this one and just curious. I really feel better when I'm off the carbs but I just can't stick to it. What is the difference in the old and updated?
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #47  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

When you do low carb are you doing taking in enough fat?
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #48  

Karen you got me to where I wanted to find out also the difference in the old and new. Pulled out both books and pretty much the old version The Rotation Diet vs the T-Factor is the quick melt diet in the T-Factor is almost exactly the same as the diet from The Rotation book
sluggo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 205/195.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby11 View Post
Good Luck 2stubborn2giveup! I will keep you posted on my progress. So far I have hit a plateau and waiting for my weight to start dropping again.
Hey there! I just found this thread after buying the book. If you are still around, what was your typical day's meal plan like?
Congrats on the success!
gettingbackinmyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #50  
DeterminedAgain

S/C/G: 182.2/182.2/140

Height: 5 ft 9 inches

Default The T Factor Diet

Are there still people on here that are doing the T Factor Diet? I did it successfully back in 1990. I got down to my goal weight of 128 from 152 within 6 weeks and then got pregnant. We had tried for 14 years and then "bam". Anyway I am now almost 58 and finally through menopause. I had tried for a few years to get back down but numerous Dr's. told me it would pretty much be useless until I got my hormones in check and since I decided to wait it out it took a little longer than taking hormone replacement. Anyway, since I had such good luck with this in the past I thought I would try it again and let it be my life change for good. I am curious if anyone who has already gone through menopause is or has done this diet. I could lose weight really easy when I was young but not sure what to expect this time. Would like to have a partner to talk to if anyone is interested. I am starting back today at 182.2 and would like to get down to 135-140.
DeterminedAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

DeterminedAgain~Welcome!

While I can't say that I follow this diet, I do try to watch my fat intake.

Why don't you join us in This Thread where a bunch of us need to re-lose a lot of weight. None of us follow the same diet, but we do encourage each other as much as possible.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:09 AM   #52  

Hi! I'm back to counting fat grams and I don't know why I ever stopped. I was going to start taking Alli, but I've decided to just cut my fat instead. So my goal is 22 grams/day right now. As of my weigh-in yesterday I was 178 lbs.
BTW, are there any other threads that are similar to this? I'd love to find more support.
SunnyNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:26 PM   #53  

Does anyone out there take Alli anymore?
SunnyNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Never heard of the T-factor, but I did obsess over fat until recently. I wasn't counting grams but I did obsess over percentage of fat in my diet. This came from having turned to veganism (which I love but don't push on others) and discovering a whole way of eating that focused on eating less than 10% of calories a day from fat. I used to put my menus in Cronometer and obsess if the total came up even 11% or 12% fat.

Thankfully, I came to my senses and realized that fat (especially good fat) isn't the enemy. I don't count fat percentages any more, though I do try to stick with fats that are considered healthier.

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:59 AM   #55  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Well I found this thread again after searching for low fat diets. I'll be trying the T factor (updated version) once I read over it. I kept trying all this time to do low carb but I still can't stick to it. Not even for a week. I tried Medifast and while it does work for me, it's just too expensive. Anyone else out there doing T factor?
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:08 AM   #56  
AMA

Default Sick of not losing!

I saw your post on counting fat grams when I looked up the T-Factor Diet. I went on this diet years ago when I first got married. I lost 30 lbs and kept it off for at least 7 years. At that time I did not drink alcohol at all. I had 3 children and some personal struggles and added alcohol in my life to ease the stress and pain. I gained 20 pounds back. My husband and I tried Atkins, South Beach and finally Keto. We always lost weight at first but then gained it back. I gained 10 more pounds which put be back where I was 30 years ago! I could never stick with it long term. It made me tired and brain fogged. With the Keto I had a lot of trouble with sleep and leg and foot cramps. I hydrated properly but it did not improve. I have been eating relatively low carb for years now. I have had sleep problems and could not figure out why I am often tired. I started adding carbs back and noticed a huge difference in my energy levels and brain focus. I feel fantastic! It was at this point that I remembered the T-Factor Diet. I went looking on the internet and found your post. Thank you for putting that up. I started back on low fat two days ago. So far I love the way I feel and I have lost 3lbs. I will post again later and let you know how I am doing. By the way I started this post at a weight of 160lbs.

Last edited by AMA; 10-31-2017 at 09:13 AM.
AMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:46 AM   #57  

T Factor diet basically tells us that the important factor in losing weight is nothing but the food that we eat rather than the amount of calories you intake. There are various activities you can do, exercises that you can perform and a diet that you can follow to reduce the fats. The T-Factor diet basically has two ways of losing weight, either quickly or on a slower pace. Moreover, it is more about eating better food than eating fatty food. The only disadvantage is that it takes a while to understand the fibre and fat counts to estimate your proper diet. However, exercising daily is a must.
Reece59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:27 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

I don't know about the diet you mention but I do watch and use cronometer to do so. I basically try to keep my Omega 6:3 Ratio below 4 if I can, keep saturated fats down to below 20 and meet the RDA for Omega 6 [normally people eat too many Omega 6, but if you eat mainly unprocessed foods AND keep calories down, it is not as easy] - I find 1 oz of walnuts a day meets all my essential fatty acid RDAs. My average intake of fat is around 46 grams a day and I have lost 49lbs since July 24th, Average calorie intake is about 1100....
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #59  

Default Planning on ordering the book

I was given the little pocket size book of the T factor fat gram counter and it really peaked my interest. I'm ordering a copy of the book and starting the new year out right. By what I could find online the success rate is high, there aren't any special ingredients or additional purchases required and the fact that good carbs like beans and grains are encouraged is what I liked. I need more veggies, less sugar, sodium, and processed foods. So hoping I've found my new healthy lifestyle.
crochetkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 168/163/125

Height: 5'2"

Yes, I started the T-Factor/rotation diet by Katahn on Jan 8, 2018. So far, after years of unstable Blood sugar levels and trying every other diet out there, I FINALLY am seeing my morning Fasting BG coming down. Dramatically, I might add. 178 three weeks ago to 115 this AM. Lowest I have been in nearly - like forever!

I love the fact that there are set daily menus. I don't have to think about what to fix. I follow the menu and if, I get hungry eat another piece of fruit. And the best part, the daily food, menus, are all foods I love. Just portioned and of course, way lower in fat.

I have a A1C test coming on Friday (Feb2) so we'll see. It was pretty high the last time 6.9 which is not something I want to see. So, I found this T-Factor/Rotation diet. I'm very happy with my BG levels. Weight is slowly coming off too. Down to 163 from 168. And no exercise yet but will be working on that next.

One Step at a time.
Pennikins1 is offline   Reply With Quote