General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 06:22 PM   #1  

Default Anorex - Diet Pill

Has anyone used Anorex? Tell us about it.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:26 PM   #2  

Default Taking Anorex

Hi Snowhite7,

I am taking anorex...this will be my 9 day on it and so far I have lost 5 lbs. This pill is similar to Xenadrine, but it's also offers a stimulant free pill. So far I love it. It's designed for those who have 30 lbs or more to lose or over 30 BMI. It's suppose to be the best out there. Hope that helps out. I would love to hear from anyone else out there that is taking it. It's hard to find testimonals but the ones I have found have been very promising.

Have a great day.

Amiee
Old 11-11-2001, 10:15 AM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default I know this is starting out as a support thread BUT...

...save your money.

The marketers have done it again! Anorex (the name they gave it makes me want to gag - what a sick connection to ANOREXIA!) is just the ephedra stack (ephedra/asprin/caffeine) repackaged to look as close to a prescription drug as possible, even down to giving it a "Brand Name" (Anorex) and a "scientific name" (Leptoprin).

Klein-Becker also sells a gel that they claim reduces cellulite for a ton of $$. The active ingredient is the SAME ONE found in...Preparation H...yep, the hemmorhoid stuff. Only thing is they sell their "transdermal emulsifying gel" for major buckaroos, and you can get generic Prep H for about $4 a tube.

I hate to interject in a thread that started out as a support thread but these marketers make me SO ANGRY - they are feeding on the wallets of overweight Americans... and that's the only thing that will be lighter in the end - not your body.

If you want to try the ephedrine/caffiene/asprin stack, just go to your local Walmart, Target, etc and grab the $15-20 stuff. It's the same thing as far as active ingredients go (Klein-Becker may add some other ingredients to the pills but they don't do a thing for weight loss - and ephedra doesn't work consistently IMO).

I know I'll be catching a lot of flak from you guys but I just wanted to add my two centavos - money is tight these days for all of us - why spend $109 for something you can get for $15?
Old 11-14-2001, 08:53 AM   #4  

Default Anorex

Snowhite7,

Good Morning....Just to let you know I have now lost 7lbs in two weeks on Anorex. I love this product. It has some great ingredients in it as well, like Calcium, B6, Cayenne (lol)....just pay close attention to the warnings...as you would with anything...

Have a great day.

Amiee
Old 11-16-2001, 12:18 PM   #5  

Don't take that crap!!!!!! Just like Ms. Jim said it is a generic ephreda product with an overpriced name. Besides...ephedra isnt exactly the best stuff for you....especially if you are very overweight and might have heart problems to begin with.
Old 11-16-2001, 01:58 PM   #6  

Thanks Aimee for posting and letting me know how it's going. ANd everyone else's opinions are welcome too. I was just wondering before I did anything. I've had trouble with ephedra in the past, and have no intention of ever using it again, but wondered how the Anorexa without Ephedra was working.
Old 11-16-2001, 06:45 PM   #7  

Default Anorex

Snowhite7,

I understand your concern about ephedra, I dont know how the stimulant free Anorex works, but if it doenst you get your money back.

For those who do not choose to use ephedra because its "harmful" do you tell your friends who use bronchiolators the same thing? Ephedra is used to help many suffers of asthma, allergies and other respiratory problems. Yes in the wrong hands and wrong person this is harmful, as with anything. Take for example anyone on blood thinners cant take asprin. If your a responsible adult and follow the warnings this can be a helpful tool in loosing weight. If you feel wierd on it, stop taking it...plain and simple. With anything you should consult a doctor, mine said no problem...the FDA regulates it...I benifit from the clacium and B6 and weightloss. I also eat according to the national food guide so I am learning to eat properly. My suggestion to anyone who is even considering taking something (even pescription drugs) research it and talk to a proffessional...its not for everybody...but nothing is!

My 2 cents worth!

Amiee
Old 11-18-2001, 04:57 PM   #8  

Yeah but those people HAVE to be on that medication to survive or have a half way comfortable life. My point is that Anorex is simply a much more expensive ephedra stack with some slick marketing. Thats all. Your Dr was probably wined and dined by the drug company that makes it....it happens a lot more than you think.

Last edited by doggz23; 11-18-2001 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-18-2001, 06:27 PM   #9  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default What Doggz said and in addition...

I've known people with asthma who use inhalers and asthma medications - and they only use them WHEN NECESSARY - i.e. when they are having breathing problems, not necessarily every single day. Sometimes it can be weeks before they need to use them. On the other hand, people taking ephedra problems for weight loss are told to take them 2-3 times a day, probably higher doses than asthmatics as well.

But I digress...the verdict as to whether ephedrine/ephedra based products actually are beneficial towards long-term weight loss is hard to prove. Most of the people I know of who have taken them for that purpose (myself included) have not had any results that can be proven to be attributed to the product.

The point I was making is that $100+ is a pretty steep price (to say the least!) for something that you can basically get for $20 or less at your local Wal-Mart. If you want calcium or B6, just get a generic multivitamin at your local store. Taking megadoses of vitamins isn't especially good for you at any rate!

And I'm willing to bet that the active ingredients in the stimulant-free Anorex are pretty much the same as in products like EAS' Phen-Free (which you can get for $16 a bottle); Twinlab's ephedra-free Diet Fuel (about $20), etc. etc.

I get soooo p**sed off at these marketers! The only weight you'll be losing from these products is from your WALLET, not your thighs...you don't need a crutch like these overpriced nostrums, you just need the inner strength, DRIVE, and PERSISTANCE to meet your goals! No pill can give you that.
Old 11-19-2001, 11:16 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

One more persons opinion~~~
Whether or not to use the drug is definately a personal choice. You must weigh the pro's and con's. But the bottom line is to COMPARE products. Look at the ingredients and the amounts. Compare prices. You would do this with any other food item, wouldn't you. Would you pay $10 for a can of green beans when you can get the same thing for $.50? I don't think so.

I use EAS Phen-Free (according to it's directions) and I only use 1/3 of the recomended dose. That works for me. And the cost is so much less.
On other days I just use a few cups of coffee and an aspirin.

One word of caution~~~Any of these products that use St. Johns wort as it's aspirin component should NOT be used by anybody taking birth control pills, as this decreases the BCP effectivness.
~~~Sil
Old 11-19-2001, 12:26 PM   #11  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default One more point to Aimee...

I just re-read your post - and saw that you stated as far as Anorex "The FDA regulates it..."

Be aware that the FDA DOES NOT regulate these herbal supplements due to the passage of the 1994 Supplement Act. Due to some fancy footwork by supplement manufacturers and the politicians who the companies donate to, the FDA's hands are tied. Since 1994, supplement manufacturers have had free rein to advertise their products however they wish to an often gullible public. Check this link out for more info: http://www.quackwatch.com/02Consumer...ion/dshea.html

Quote:
Most people think that dietary supplements and herbs are closely regulated to ensure that they are safe, effective, and truthfully advertised. Nothing could be further from the truth. Although some aspects of marketing are regulated, the United States Congress has concluded that "informed" consumers need little government protection. This conclusion was embodied in the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 -- commonly referred to as "DSHEA" -- which severely limits the FDA's ability to regulate these products...
It would be prudent to keep that in mind next time you see an ad promoting 'fast foolproof weight loss'. And just because a 'doctor' is one of the promoters doesn't make it safe and effective. It was a doctor, after all, who came out with thigh cream in the 90's. Of course all of us who used it had wonderful results right? NOT! And let's not forget all those MD's in the 90's writing out dozens upon dozens of Phen-Fen prescriptions - without the FDA's approval to combine the two drugs...

Old 11-19-2001, 01:50 PM   #12  

Default Anorex-Diet Pill

Actually, the FDA does regulate it by setting forth a limit of how much can be used. I'm not going to sit and quote all day long...kinda goes around and around...you'll find cons and I'll find pros. I can say check out www.ephdrafacts.com and you might get some information that your consumerwatch doesnt provide. I dare say in either case...you shouldnt believe evertyhing you read.

As far as marketers are concerned, look at Body for Life...he suggest you use all sorts of diet supplements to help your progress... Myoplex sure isnt cheap! Whether you use it or not...its another marketing scheme. If you can afford it, whats wrong with buying it? I appricate your concern....but it's my money...and if I choose to spend it on a $100 product that has a money back guarentee or something that is $20 (which by the way I have tried almost everything) then that's my personal choice.

I thought this was a place for support. But all I have seen are people slamming something for its cost...nevermind the fact that I am doing great on it. Nevermind that for once in my life I am sticking to a plan...I have to urge to eat right and exercise. But I guess your soooo stuck on the fact it cost ME $100 dollars to do it...I dont drink, smoke, get my nails or hair higlighted...all which cost almost if not more than $100 a month...so if I choose to pay that much money for something that is working for ME...then so be it...if you dont have the money or dont want to spend that much money then dont...you have a choice...and I dont preach or critize anyone for that choice...

I came here hoping for others to come out and talk about their expereince with Anorex, but no wonder people dont post here, all they do is get attacked for what they do or dont believe in...sounds familar doesnt it???
Old 11-19-2001, 03:22 PM   #13  

Well, I can see there is lots of passion here! Diet pills are and will always be a touchy subject. Same as abortion, death penalty, politics, etc. What I always say is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i certainly don't try and force mine on others. If diet pills don't work for you, don't buy them. It they do, good for you! Of course we are all aware they are not the healthiest thing for us, but neither is being overweight! RIGHT?

I was on phentermine many years ago and lost 80 pounds and loved them! Did I gain the weight back, you bet! I also have lost 60 pounds on WW, did I gain the weight back, you bet! So, they key is not always HOW you lose the weight but the tools you learn along the way (no you should not starve yourself or do anything that you will not be able to live with).

I am currently taking it one day at a time, no more like one meal at a time. I am taking a diet pill and eating a sensible diet, weaning myself off lots of sugar, and trying to exercise. I am done with being fat! Next summer I hope to finally feel good about my body, to sit at the beach and not feel totally embarrassed, but most of all, to enjoy life!

Take care everyone.
-Tammy
Old 11-19-2001, 04:29 PM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

OK, some of us have tried to educate others on comparing products and what OPTIONS there are out there for everybody. With all this said, I think that we should close this thread and let Amiee and Snow White start a new thread that will just be for those who use the Anorexia Pill and want to share their results and get support from each other.
To Amiee and Snow White~I did not mean to offend you. I was just letting people know that IF they want to take the drug and CANNOT afford it, that there are products that are eqivalent and cheaper. Good luck on your journey to a healthier you
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 11-19-2001 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-19-2001, 10:10 PM   #15  

Just one last jab-

That website you listed Aimee.....ephedrafacts.com is sponsored and run by the Ephedra Education Council - which is essentially a mouthpiece for the supplement companies.

"The Ephedra Education Council is supported primarily by members of the Ephedra Committee of the American Herbal Products Association, a recognized leader in promoting the safe and responsible marketing of dietary supplements. These members, who manufacture and distribute Ephedra products, are actively promoting regulations and consumer education to assure that their customers are protected from irresponsible marketing, sales to minors, improperly labeled products, and are informed about how to consume Ephedra products safely."

Also....in BFL no supplements are pushed. MRP are NOT supplements...only a way to make a nutrious meal fast.

Good luck with the anorexia pill
Closed Thread