General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2001, 05:52 AM   #16  
Goddess

Hey gals!

I don't mind folks being off-topic at all. We're just sitting around chatting. Sorta like the HBO show 'Sex and the City', but without the sex!

Thanks for the nice things y'all said about my granddaughter. I think she's awfully cute, but I might be just a little bit prejudiced.

I've been cooking and shopping today. Went to the grocery store this morning and boosted the $$ total way up with some supplements. I bought a bottle of glucosamine-chondrointin tabs and a daily antioxidant multivitamin/multimineral supplement. I'm adding these to my "old lady" lineup of estrogen, diuretic, and thyroid meds.

I spent the early afternoon grilling chicken, onions and zucchini (sp?) and cooking rice for this weeks dinners. The last few weeks I've been cooking arborio and basmati rice, but this week I cooked regular white rice. It tastes quite 'blah' compared to the other two.

It's hard for me to eat right when I get home if I actually have to cook it. I've been known on quite a few occasions to dump some fishsticks on a plate, nuke em, and pour ranch dressing on top. Voila, dinner.

This afternoon I went to Drug Emporium and Walgreens to buy some new makeup for when I get my new eyes. I got something by St. Ives called Dark Circle Diminisher (with vitamin-K). I hope it works, cuz my dark circles are gonna show when I don't wear glasses any more. I also got a way totally cool product called Skinlights Face Illuminator by Revlon. I love what it does for my complexion! I also got some new makeup brushes, tweezers, and eye makeup. A totally girly-girl afternoon.

Our weather is shaping up nicely. Trees are leafing out and the flowering ones are in bloom.

Okay, for those of you who want to see pictures, there's an old one of me on the welcome page at my website. I also just uploaded a picture of ledom and myself taken when we met in Austin in August of 99. My hair is longer now - cut in a chin-length bob.

Donna

[This message has been edited by Bannod (edited 02-25-2001).]

As you can see by all the edits, my fingers aren't working too well this afternoon.

[This message has been edited by Bannod (edited 02-25-2001).]
Old 02-27-2001, 04:35 AM   #17  

Hi girls!

No weight loss to report here. Just the loss of weight loss information. I had a problem with my computer and lost my year and half record of my weight loss effort. I was trying to install Windows 2000 but my laptop is too old and the driver wouldn't support it and swoosh...things were gone and I had to reinstall Windows 98.

Leodm, I have New Balance shoes too and really like them. I wear them shopping. I can walk for a long time if I have them on.

My DH is going back to work tomorrow. We will have a hard time getting up at 4:30 tomorrow. We have been sleeping in and taking it easy. It has been nice.

Shebacat, I too am looking forward to hearing your story.

Ledom when you get a minute can you post the Posole recipe. No rush if you are still busy though.
Old 02-27-2001, 07:10 AM   #18  
Ilene the Bean

Hi ya girls,

I've had a good day all around....

Exercise was good, and food was good too... but not too good that I ate too much of course...lol...

I forgot to mention that I made a vegetarian chili on the weekend... It was very good...very healthy tasting... I took it in a cookbook called LoonySpoons, all kinds of interesting tid-bits on diet and many recipes that are easy to make and very calorie wise... This one is called Chili-Chili-Bang-Bang...it's written by 2 Canadian sisters ...

Donna I didn't find any pics of you .... can you direct me in the right direction.....

Is it because I am Canadian, but what is Posole? It it's calorie wise and easy to make I'd love to try it...

Well later girls, hope to hear from every one soon...

Have a good evening....

Lana... ...
Old 02-27-2001, 07:14 AM   #19  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

OK Judi, I'll post it over on the Vegetarian thread so it'll be easier to pull up in the future. Hope everyone is doing good. I have had a good start to my week dietwise. Keep thinking about what you did Shebacat, you're my inspiration. Sounds like you had fun shopping Bannod, good luck with your surgery.
Old 02-27-2001, 08:18 AM   #20  

Yup Lana, it is because you are Canadian...I am Canadian too and the first time I heard of it was when I was on holiday in New Mexico awhile back. Before that I would come across the word in a (American) recipe book and wonder about it. I think it is a corn type thing that the Native Americans ate. Is that right Ledom???? I am hoping I will be able to find it in a health food store in Vancouver. I have long wanted to try it but never have.

Thanks very much Ledom. The recipe looks DELISH!!! And any enlightenment on the orgin of posole would be appreciated as well.

Thanks again !!
Old 02-27-2001, 01:18 PM   #21  
Goddess

Lana,

If you click on the house by my profile, it should take you right to the picture page of my website. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Donna
Old 02-27-2001, 01:45 PM   #22  

Bannod, I loved your photos. The baby is so cute but it was especially neat to see your picture and Ledom's!
Old 03-06-2001, 06:28 PM   #23  
Call me BuBu

Dear Bannod (Goddess):

Re Lasik eye surgery

*Please be very careful* and check out www.surgicaleyes.com before you do anything further.
This *is* surgery on the only two eyes you have and the outcome can be questionable.

Colour me concerned (and also a glasses wearer since 8 yrs. old)
Old 03-06-2001, 10:21 PM   #24  
Goddess

Thank you for being concerned, Mrs. Yogi.

My doctor is very good. He didn't pioneer the technique, but he was one of the first to offer the Lasik surgery. He's done thousands of them and every one has been successful. The worst one ended up having to wear contacts and he considers himself lucky because he's a pilot and with glasses he wasn't correctable enough to fly anymore.

My surgeon has 17 people working in his office. Of those, one still wears glasses, one of the ophthalmologists wears contacts because her corneas are too thin for Lasik, and the rest have had the surgery. Boy, do I wish *I* had an employee discount!

I can't even count the number of people I know that have had it done and are very happy with it.

If I wasn't a perfect candidate for this, no way would I have it done!

Donna
Closed Thread