General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default The actions of a few ruin it for everyone (a rant about the office holiday party)

My co-worker and I plan our branch's holiday party every year, and every year the employees prove how ungrateful they are. They were allowed to invite whomever they wanted to come, and they did--including neighbors down the street and people they barely know! They even walked in with people that weren't registered! We barely had enough food to feed people!

This year it was a great do--with a DJ, great food and TONS of door prizes (gift cards, televisions, I-pods, etc) and gifts for everyone. Throughout the whole thing, people b*tched about everything.

The straw that broke the camel's back: I discovered today that there was a handful of dishonest employees that took extra raffle tickets when they already got their allotted amount.

So next year, it will only be employees, one adult guest, and children under 18 that LIVE IN THE HOUSE--no nieces, nephews, grandkids, weekend stepkids, or anything else.

The actions of a few ruined it for everyone else. Our company gives us a generous budget for a party, and they are so UNGRATEFUL!! One of my pet peeves in life is UNGRATEFULNESS!!!!

Thanks for listening to me rant.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I'm sorry you had a bad experience and I can't believe people inviting anyone and everyone.

I was kind of peeved at my company this year. They had a holiday office party with dinner, dancing and a dj but it was for employees only. I would've preferred a more low key party where I could've took DH (he works for the same company and he still couldn't come!) or it was during work hours with fellow employees. Oh well.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

First of all - wow, your company goes all out! Second - it's too bad that people take advantage of that fact, and of your hard work. That's terrible.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #4  

I'm sorry people took advantage of your company's generosity. It amazes me the things people will do!

nelie - how strange to have dancing but not allow husbands and wives!
Old 12-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Nelie-I found that to be very odd too NO spouses but dancing???-what are they trying to do????
And with the party for Jen415-it seems that the people were using that opportunity to play host (to all famly friends-neighbors etc OMG)and be big shots or something
Old 12-15-2006, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Thats to bad some people had to ruined it for the rest.

Hmm,maybe thats why my husband's work party doesn't allow additional people at all.He ends up going for a half hour or so(if at all),because he figures he sees them at work,why would he want to see them after hours.There are also no gifts,bonuses or anything to keep him downtown longer then he has to.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #7  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Thanks for the rant....and an additional rant on top of it:

In an era where companies are giving little to no bonuses at all, my company gave out bonus checks today (four figure ones, I might add). And yep, you guessed it...people b*tched because it was a LITTLE less than last year!!!

I should just let it go, but it just makes me SO MAD that people are so ungrateful!!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:20 PM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Jen - how ungrateful in both cases! Most people I know don't even get a card from their company for Christmas.

Our staff usually get a card with a $100.00 bill in it which I think is great and I am always happy to receive it. We are a small office so we decided we would have a wine and pizza party and close the office for the afternoon and we are all in agreement and happy with it.

My DH's company throws a dinner/dance and you are only allowed to bring your spouse, significant other or a date. No friends, relatives, kids, neighbours or anything like that. I can't imaging wanting to go to an office Christmas party where I don't work and I don't know anyone there - wierd!

Gee I can't wait to see what happens with your company next year when the rules change - wonder how much kvetching there will be then especially when people are told the reason why and that it was their own greedy fault!
Old 12-15-2006, 04:07 PM   #9  

Quote:
Gee I can't wait to see what happens with your company next year when the rules change - wonder how much kvetching there will be then especially when people are told the reason why and that it was their own greedy fault
By next year they will have forgotten all about this year and they DEFINATELY won't remember that *they* were to blame!!
Old 12-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #10  

Height: 5'2"

I totally feel your pain, but please reconsider about the "weekend stepkids." Those kids have it hard enough without being excluded from the party, or being the cause of the family choosing not to go!
Closed Thread