3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

The strangest thing happened on our anniversary trip

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default The strangest thing happened on our anniversary trip

Our anniversary was on Sunday. We went to a B&B in one of the wine countries around here for the weekend. We were the only guests. The others had cancelled for various reasons. It was rather nice to have the place to ourselves.

Sunday morning (sometime around 12:30AM or so), I heard what sounded like people stomping their feet and muffled voices in the dining room. Our room was off the dining room. I got up to be sure our door was locked. I did peak out the door and saw nothing. The little light in the corner was on as usual, but nothing was disturbed.

At breakfast, I asked the owner if she came down stairs. She went to bed around 10 and slept through the night until 5:30 or 6. She didn't receive any phone calls or anything.

This house is over 150 yrs old. I'm sure in that 150 years someone has died in that home. I wonder if she needs Sylvia Browne.

Oddly enough, it didn't scare me. It's just a bit freaky. Now I want to go back again and stay in that same room!

Life does not happen in a vacuum. Lifestyle changes must transcend habits and routines. - thanks midwife.

Weight loss isn't linear and the body doesn't have a timetable. - thanks Glory87.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #2

S/C/G: 201/201/140

Height: 5'4"

OMG! How creepy! That's so cool though. I watch "Most Haunted" a lot - you have to believe that places with so much history can have a few guests that don't want to leave!

Old 12-05-2006, 09:56 AM   #3
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/202/182

Height: 5'6"

I have two theories about such things.

1) They are impressions and they fade away after time. So there really aren't any ghosts there or anything like that but you may see, hear or even smell past occurrances.

2) They are spirits that haven't moved on yet. I also believe they will go away after time.

Either way I don't think either could hurt you.

I'd be a little spooked as well.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.