General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Kitty love

DH and I had been trying to finally decide whether to get a cat or not. Well after looking at the local shelter's website, we decided we would visit the shelter first. So we went to the shelter and my favorite from the website was a very calm and mellow kitten. I think she'd be the perfect lap cat for someone.

There were 4 young cats/kittens that DH and I were attracted to. We saw all 4 of them but we had a clear winner. She is playful but enjoyed sitting in our laps and purred incredibly. She is 9 months old and a kitten of a stray. I have attached a picture of her from the shelter's website. We have put in our application and will be called in the next few days. I really wanted to take her home today but I'm willing to wait. In the mean time, we went shopping and bought all sorts of good things for her.

I think we are going to name her Lola. I think she looks like a Lola.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lola.jpg (24.7 KB, 46 views)
Old 12-02-2006, 02:54 AM   #2  

Awww!!! What a cutie I can't wait till I can see my kitty at christmas time (I'm in university away from home). She was a kitten when I left, and apparently she's growing into quite a cat.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:12 AM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Awwww she is darling!!! Yes she does look like a Lola, I love that name. I didn't know there was a wait to adopt a cat, looks like they're going to do a background check? LOL Either way I can't imagine you wouldn't get her anyways...my cat likes to climb the Christmas tree, esp that year we got a real one. I love the playful ones too, throwing around the ball and buying toys. I even had professional pics taken of mine (at a petstore but still, people thought I was nuts!)...if I find them I'll post them. My Sarah is a siamese and the runt of her litter, so she never got really big. Don't you think if puppies and kittens stayed so cute and tiny, you'd just have a house FULL of them? I do! Enjoy your little LOLA, it was love at first sight, let us know how the "adoption" process goes!
Old 12-02-2006, 08:41 AM   #4  
ugggg.....

I think it's great that you are getting your kitty from a shelter. She's so pretty..I love calicos. We had one similar in coloring that my daughter named Calicoco. We got one of our two dogs from a Pitbull rescue. Her name in Cinnamin and she is the sweetest most gentle dog--you just have to watch out for the quick mile long tongue!!
Old 12-02-2006, 08:45 AM   #5  
Determined

She's soooo cute!! Thanks so much for adopting a shelter cat. They are awesome, and you're saving a life! I have four shelter cats and they are the sweetest things ever. Attaching pics, because they're so beautiful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg max&baileykittycondo.jpg (25.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Maxandbailey.jpg (38.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2091_edited.jpg (59.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 12-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I figured I should mention it but our local shelter is an "almost 100%" no kill shelter. I'm not exactly sure of the details but I think it is awesome that a county shelter would have a goal of not euthanizing animals. They even have a program to take animals from other shelters to save them!
Old 12-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Aawwww...how cute! And I love the name Lola. I have been thinking about getting a cat but not sure at all. DS has allergies for one and DH doesn't really care for cats. We have a dog and I would love another but the thought of house training another is not appealing to me. But it would probably be better to do it now before getting new carpet, lol! I am afraid to go to the shelter as well (that's where we will get a dog when and if we decide to) for fear of being sad and wanting to bring them all home. I'm a sucker for dogs. Anyway, enjoy your new kitty.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #8  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

I remember when we adopted Magnus from the Cats Protection League. They came to our house to a do a home visit and inspection!!! I think I would have been pretty insulted if we had been turned down, lol.

Lola is a great name. She very clearly has the saucy attitude but inate sweetness needed to pull the name off. I hope all goes well and she is driving you nuts pulling all your ornaments off the tree in no time!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:35 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
My Sarah is a siamese and the runt of her litter, so she never got really big. Don't you think if puppies and kittens stayed so cute and tiny, you'd just have a house FULL of them? I do!
Awww...my mom and dad had a siamese cat since before I was born and I grew up with her. I love siamese cats. And yes! I would have a house full of them. It would be the happiest house in the world *sigh*
Closed Thread