General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 08:33 AM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPeasInAPod View Post
About the lie. I have had that feeling before. I know what you mean. I was sick last time I did something like this and resolved to never do it again.

The reason you feel like that is because our Creator puts that feeling in each of us so we know that we need to work on our faults. Thank goodness He is forgiving and He is Love. We are His children. He even wrote a wonderful book that teaches us how He forgives us. There are like a billion copies of this book in print all over the world. I always feel better when I read this book.

Take care and know everything will work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post
The medication you are getting for pink eye is an antibiotic, which is very different than allergy medicine. That's why it's not available over-the-counter.

Interestingly enough, most of the time pink is a viral infection (there are different forms of pink eye, one of which is bacterial and would need to be treated with antibiotics, but the most common form is viral). This means the medication you are getting may not actually be doing anything to treat it. If the pink-eye you have is viral, it will just go away on its own whether you take medication for it or not. I've definitely had pink eye cure itself on its own. So one course of action when you have pink eye is to give it a day or so to see if it improves on its own. If it starts to improve, it's probably a virus and will cure itself on its own. If it doesn't improve within a day or so, then you should call your doctor.

There is also an over-the-counter treatment that treats the symptoms of pink eye. It's usually available in the eye drops aisle. Here is a link to it so you know what you are looking for: http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...&id=prod980637.

Oh, and I don't think you need to beat yourself up over your lies. We all do stuff like that to get through life.
I have read recently that you can now send your kids to school with pink eye because it is not contagious and as you said, will heal itself in a few days.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #17  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
I have read recently that you can now send your kids to school with pink eye because it is not contagious and as you said, will heal itself in a few days.
Yikes! Smack whomever told you this. My brother had pinkeye recently. The doctor told him that he was HIGHLY contagious. He couldn't be near his wife and son.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #18  

You are both right...............and another reason why somebody should lay eyes on you....there is different treatment for different ailments........but the real issue was how you were feeling about lying....we are all human....we have all done it on one level or another....I admire your honesty and willingness to talk about it.....from one human to another!

Liz

PINK EYE (CONJUNCTIVITIS)
SIX CAUSES OF PINK EYE
1. Bacteria – when the eyes are red with yellow or green drainage oozing or crusting in the eye throughout the day and night, then bacteria are usually the culprit. The eyelids may also be swollen. Affects one or both eyes.

2. Virus – when the eyes are very red, but there is no drainage, or only a small amount of drainage or crusting upon waking up, then it is probably viral conjunctivitis. Usually affects both eyes

3. Allergy – allergic conjunctivitis is usually seasonal, mostly in the spring. The eyes are usually red with no drainage, and unusually itchy. Usually affects both eyes.

4. Foreign body – a piece of sand or dirt stuck under the eyelid can cause redness, tearing, pain and drainage. Usually affects one eye.

5. Plugged tear duct– this is a problem for newborns up to one year of age. It is eye drainage without any eye redness. Affects one or both eyes. Click on it for more info.

6. Scratched eye– can cause redness, tearing, and is very painful. Affects only one eye. Click on it for more info.

Back to topTREATMENT
Warm compress – hold a warm, wet washcloth against the eye and gently wipe away any drainage.
Saline eye drops – or artificial tears can sooth the eye whatever the cause. These can also be used to flush out any sand or dirt stuck in the eye.
Medication
Antibiotic ointment or drops – this is the treatment for bacterial conjunctivitis only.
Allergy eye drops – there are several prescription and over-the-counter antihistamine drops that can help alleviate eye allergies.
Visine - these over-the-counter drops can help with redness and irritation of sore eyes, except with bacterial conjunctivitis.
IS MY CHILD CONTAGIOUS?
Bacterial and viral conjunctivitis are the only two causes that are contagious. They are spread by contact with the eye drainage or tears.

Bacterial is no longer contagious after 36 to 48 hours of antibiotic drops.
Viral has no treatment, except to relieve the symptoms. It can be contagious as long as the eyes are red.
Allergic conjunctivitis is not contagious.
WHEN TO WORRY (AND NOT TO WORRY)
Pink eye is generally not serious and should improve with treatment or time. You should contact you doctor if:

bacterial pink eye does not improve after 5 days of treatment
allergic pink eye does not improve after 5 days of treatment or if it worsens at any time during treatment (this may mean there is a bacteria involved).
viral pink eye begins to have more drainage
your child complains of any problems with their vision besides simple blurring from the discharge.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:08 PM   #19  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Thanks for the info and after having it myself many times and my children as well I was able to determine that it was indeed bacterial and your post just confirmed that, as that's EXACTLY the symptoms that I had. Thanks for thinking that I was human, but I'll tell you if it ever happens again, and I sure hope it doesn't, I will rethink how I handle things.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:08 PM   #20  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I don't know which one fits my brother. His right eye wouldn't open, was swollen badly and the swelling travelled through the right side of his face. He looked like a balloon on one side. I think he also had some goop in his eye. They gave him a tetanus shot because of the infection.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #21  
hara hachi bu

Maybe if health insurance wasn't the convoluted system it is, and it allowed us to be sick and take care of it without worrying about money, people wouldn't be compelled to take the least expensive or most hassle-free approach to wellness.

Sorry, down on health insurance companies these days. I'd like to request a revamp of the entire insurance system, please?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:57 AM   #22  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica View Post
Maybe if health insurance wasn't the convoluted system it is, and it allowed us to be sick and take care of it without worrying about money, people wouldn't be compelled to take the least expensive or most hassle-free approach to wellness. I'd like to request a revamp of the entire insurance system, please?
Revamping the system - yeah that could work. Thanks for your thoughts (and understanding).
Closed Thread