3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   I voted (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/97721-i-voted.html)

Sakai 11-07-2006 07:19 PM

I voted

So now I'm allowed to complain about the goverment :D
I've always been able to talk politics very well. (goverment class in high school was my most favorite class of all time) yeah.. I'm weird.

Anyways, I've always said that if one didn't vote... they shouldn't really complain about anything going wrong in the goverment, because they didn't even try to change it.

I also learned something new today... did you know, that back in the days when women first got the right to vote, they would get beaten and have rocks and cans thrown at them if they tried to vote @_@ I didn't know this. Wow...

Anyways, :D I love voting, for some strange reason. :dizzy:

mandalinn82 11-07-2006 07:25 PM

I love voting too. Then again, I'm the only person who actually was excited to be called for jury duty because "I finally have my opportunity to participate in the judicial process that makes our country great". I'm a nerd like that....government class was so awesome.

junebug41 11-07-2006 07:27 PM

I voted :)

It does feel very good. My polling place is always very quiet and the cutest elderly men and women run it. This one guy who could hardly hear insisted on calling me Fred because that's what his own daughter (also named Jennifer) was called. This very old woman "pinned" my sticker on me as though it were a medal. I love voting.

Libby1972 11-07-2006 07:44 PM

It always gives me a great feeling of accomplishment when I vote. Even if my candidate doesn't win. It's a privilege to be able to vote. Men and women have died to help us secure that right. I for one don't take it for granted!

Have a good evening!

Get n healthy 11-07-2006 08:23 PM

I love to vote too. I was talking about my 13 yo son about it and got a lump in my throat and everything. I cant understand those that never even have the urge to take a part in it.

rockinrobin 11-07-2006 08:37 PM

I also voted and I also love it. I get a strange kind of a pride thing going on when I vote. Sort of like I've done my civic duty. I even vote when my candidate is picked to win in a landslide.

And I absolutely loved jury duty and was so disappointed when I came so close to being on a jury and then they didn't want me. I'm just too weird.

Bravelilchicken 11-07-2006 08:41 PM

;) I voted too. When I got in the booth and pulled my little curtain shut my legs started wobbling. Goofy I know but it makes you aware of the importance of what you are doing. Plus it gives me license to gripe and complain for the next few years.

BerkshireGrl 11-07-2006 09:18 PM

I voted too! Yeay Democracy! :D

I have a coworker my age (30s) who always has struck me as mentally underdeveloped (ahem) but today she sunk it in the basket for me with a shrug and saying "Vote? I never registered. I'm just not into that stuff, I have no interest in politics at all."

But she made sure to tell surrounding coworkers to vote for the ballot question to allow groceries and convenience stores to sell alcohol. She does have an interest in law after all I guess. :hat: Party on!

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! My head almost exploded! :bomb:

(All explosive action was successfully hidden. Though I might erupt like some dormant volcano soon!) :flame:

EZMONEY 11-07-2006 09:29 PM

Sent my absentee ballot in last week!

techwife 11-08-2006 07:26 AM

I love to vote, too. Everything from school budget votes to the presidential elections. If I can have a say, I make sure I say it.

I even take my kids in the booth with me to show them how to do it. I don't want them to not know what to do when they turn 18 and to maybe be proud to say, "Hey! I'm 18, now I can go with mom and do my own voting!!" I'll even encourage them to follow the campaigns and vote for whoever they want to...not like my mom who, when I was getting my driver's license and I had to choose a political party, nearly fainted as I held the pencil over the Green Party...just to tick her off. :lol:

Kim_Star060404 11-08-2006 11:01 AM

I love voting as well. I voted on the first day of early elections. I was also here at the election headquarters counting votes for 17 1/4 hours yesterday. This was a huge election in our county and I'm really proud to be a part of it.

I certainly want to raise my children in a world where they are free to vote the way they choose. Not based on my ideals, but their own!

alinnell 11-08-2006 12:07 PM

I voted early with my absentee ballot. I love voting this way, you can take your time and really research (not that you shouldn't research if you vote on election day!). It just seems that whenever I voted before, I would forget the issues when I got to the polls! I sometimes wrote down my votes beforehand, but often then forgot the "cheat sheet"! Sure don't like getting old!! LOL

cbmare 11-08-2006 12:50 PM

OK, tech wife, splain

Quote:

Originally Posted by techwife (Post 1464930)
.not like my mom who, when I was getting my driver's license and I had to choose a political party, nearly fainted as I held the pencil over the Green Party...just to tick her off. :lol:

Please don't tell me that they expected you to choose a party to get your DL if you were under 18.

We have "motor voter" here in Calif. However, I don't think the kids getting their learner permits or even license are required to select a political party if they aren't old enough to vote.

Hmmmm.

cbmare 11-08-2006 01:04 PM

I missed voting on Jun 3, 1980

I received a call from the hospital that morning calling me in because my husband was not going to make it. He didn't. I didn't care about politics that day. I haven't missed one before that or after that day.

I, too, bark back at people when they complain and I find out that they aren't even registered to vote.

Two of the 5 of us in this office were born in this country. All of us vote.

maegdaeien 11-08-2006 07:41 PM

I think it's crap that people don't vote because they're too lazy, too uninformed or too apathetic. (Of course, they can always find plenty of time later to complain about candidates and government practices they could've been able to change!) I don't have a car and had to walk 40 minutes to and from the voting area (in the rain, yay for Michigan), but I did it because I respect the benefits I receive from living in a democracy and am ready and willing to help in this little way in order to preserve it.

Wow, bit of a rant. :)