General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 08:39 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default Update on Our Book Club and Name Vote

Good Monday Morning Everybody. I hope everybody had a chance to get our first book - "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. Don't worry if you haven't started it yet it's a real quick read. We can start our first discussion on Monday, November 13 which will cover up to page 109. Try not to read ahead, although I can tell you now, you're gonna want to.

We've got some suggestions for names and I'd like to take a vote and I suppose the name with the most votes shall be our new name. So please take a look and let us know what you think:

Chicks with Books
Literary Chicks
Chicks Lits
Literary Losers
Hooked on Books
Lit Chicks

I'm kinda torn between Chick Lits and Literary Losers, but since I can only choose one I guess it would be Literary Losers. I can't wait to hear what you all think so that we can officially name our group.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:17 AM   #2  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I like Chick Lits.....

I just now notice that it sounds like chicklets ...a small kind of gum that they sell here and Mexico.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:55 AM   #3  
ooooh... sparkly!

S/C/G: 236/226/135

Height: 5'4"

i like both Chick Lits, and Literary Losers...

but i think my vote has to go to Chick Lits. it makes me giggle.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Chick Lits gets my vote!!

This book is awesome so far! I hate putting it down!
Old 11-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi ladies...mind if I join?

I have the book and have been meaning to read it, just haven't gotten around to it. Thinking maybe this will help me get back to my reading and get started on the book.

QUESTION: who makes the decision on what book to read?

My vote...I have to say I am really liking Literary Losers. Chick Lits sounds kind of dirty to me for some reason.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

Yes of course, you can join. We discussed which book we were going to read in an earlier thread and we kind of all agreed on that one.

Chick Lits is a take off on the chewing gum, you know Chicklets. Because of 3 fat CHICKS and LITS taken from Literary. Nothing dirty. But your're entitled to your opinion. Great to have you on board.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #7  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

My vote would be for "Chick Lits".

Got the book today so will start reading.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:49 AM   #8  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I like Chick Lits too...I like keeping with the 3fat chicks theme.

I'm on a waiting list at the library for the book! LOL but I'm a fast reader. In fact it should be available for me any time now. I've never been in book discussion group before, and I read ALOT!
Old 11-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning all. I just wanted to let you know that I won't have internet on the 13th when we start discussing everything. I'll be at a conference, but I should be able to post again on the 15th or 16th. I really look forward to discussing this book. I really love it so far and had to have DH hide it so I wouldn't read too much. I'm planning on reading it when I'm in my hotel alone! Maybe with a glass of red wine! Sounds like fun.

Anyone else who owns the book writing notes on the pages? I AM!!

~Kim
Old 11-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

Hi everyone. How ya'll doing with the book? Chick Lits seems to be winning as our name, but we still haven't heard from a few people. And of course, anyone is still welcome to join. Don't forget Monday, Novermber 13 - till page 109 - be there.

Kimstar, we'll miss you those first days, but you'll catch up I'm sure. I'm sooo glad you're enjoying the book. You sound like you got a good plan going there - a nice hotel room, a good book and a glass of red wine. Have fun.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #11  
Headbanger

S/C/G: 225/218/180

Height: 5'9"

I guess I'm the odd one out, but I like "Hooked on Books". I got my book on Monday night. I will start reading tonight, but will probably knock most of it out over the weekend.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

Good morning fellow readers and happy almost weekend.

Don't forget to start cracking on that book - yup page 109 for Monday morning. Try not to jump ahead, although it won't be easy, you're gonna want to keep on reading. If you haven't started it yet that's fine, it is really quick to get into.

It loooks like our name will be Chick Lits, but a few of you still haven't voted -so we will wait to officially pick a name. Come on girls we wanna hear from you.

And yes, there's still time to join our book club. You're all more then welcome.

Have a great weekend folks and happy reading.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:07 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

Happy Sunday everybody. I know a lot of you don't use your computers much on the weekends, but just in case you do I wanna remind you that tomorrow we'd like to start our discussion on "A Million lLittle Pieces" through page 109. Hope you're all enjoying the book as much as me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Closed Thread