General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Default Steve Irwins Memorial

Did anyone catch it last night on Animal Planet??? What a wonderful tribute to an amazing, yet funny guy! It was really touching, and had alot of humour. When his daughter Bindi Sue got up and spoke... I totally lost it! She spoke so lovingly about her Dad, and you can tell she is a chip off the old block! What a strong young girl! The part that really got me as well was when they packed up Steves truck for the last time, and drove it off...it just was so "final"....

He will be dearly missed! I did however find one thing odd...all the "celebrities", with the exception of 2, were American....anyone else find that strange?

Oh well, he will be missed!
Old 09-20-2006, 02:25 PM   #2  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

I missed the first half, but cried almost the entire time. I wish they would have showed "normal" people talking about steve more instead of "celebrities" though. I feel so bad for his family and every time they showed Terri I would bawl a little harder. Bindi is a little firecrackerand is going to be a wonderful "wildlife warrior". God bless all of them.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #3  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Gah! I missed it because I had a night class *pouts* I wonder if they will air it again. I so wanted to see it. I shoulda stayed home >_<
Old 09-20-2006, 04:19 PM   #4  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

I think it will air again Sunday night at 8 on animal planet.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

OMG! I am so mad! I missed it. Totally forgot about it until this morning when they played the speech from Bindi...OMG, what a smart and brave little girl. She is so proud of her daddy and you could feel the love. This makes you want to celebrate his life rather than be sad and grieve his loss. He surely will live on through his family and I hope reruns. And I do hope it comes on Sunday...making note of it now. He will truly be missed.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:10 AM   #6  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Just for those that are still awake.... It's going to be on tonight at 1:00 AM Eastern time... on Animal Planet!
Old 09-21-2006, 05:36 AM   #7  

I don't think they've shown it here in the UK.

For many years Steve was actually better known in the US and UK than he was in his own country, which may reflect why many of the celebrities were American.

I lived in Australia for 30 years and I had never heard of him til I moved to England just over 4 years ago!

Does anyone know what songs John Williamson sung at the memorial?
Closed Thread