General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 03:46 PM   #1  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Default All this talk about piercings...

Made me want another. I look at pics and decided I want a snug in my right ear with a ring.

So I walk to the piercing shop just now (never been to this one) and tell the women, I want my Snug done. She goes your what? And I showed her and we talked about how my ear might be cluttered. I thought for a minute... and I said what about my Tragus (touching that part of my ear)? And she goes well you have your Nib in the other ear dont you? My what I ask her? Your nib... and she points to my tragus. And I said screw it, I want my Snug and then I find out that she still didnt understand what I wanted so I showed her again and she goes, its too thin there, I said no its not and she looks again and goes "thats a thick piece of cartlidge" - hmmmm millions of people have it done, thats when I walked out of the store. Her comment of "they come up with new names everyday" worried me... they are taught all the piecerings and names in school.....

Anyway if I want it done I am going to have to go back to my usual place I guess. But I think my ear will look funny with it anyway...

what do you think, here is my ear I want it in:
http://saltypickles.com/pics/rear.jpg

and this is what I want:
http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear...mepb279766.jpg
(the ring with the diamond ball)
Old 09-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

If you are able to stick with a smaller ring then it shouldn't overshadow your others, it's very cute.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:25 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

So I got it done last night. I love it, its in the right place... but they used a bigger ring then I would of liked (but they had to because of swelling) - it sticks out kinda far and I keep hitting it. I think I might have to change to a barball for healing. Also they pierced in 18g and I am kinda mad about that. I really wanted 16g but the guy didnt want to use a 14 gage needle on that part of my ear and didnt want to use a 16g needle and then put in 16 gage ring because he thought it would be too much. he told me later I can get it streched a bit. I am mad about that, I see most people get it done at 16g and about the same at 14g! I think the 18g looks horrible and even worse with the bigger ring, argh. I cant wait to change it!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #4  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Courtnie -- I think it will look cute on you. My daughter got that done, but be careful with a barbell, because she had that and it kep catching on things and it ripped. Every time I see your pic, I have to smile because I love your little girl so much, she's just so adorable!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:38 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

It looks cute but the more I think about it the mader I get. Why couldnt they just have done 16g! I just called them and told them how much I dont like the 18g and he said I have to wait a few months before upping it, argh! The ring wont get caught on anything, I just hit it cuz it is sticking out so much... ill take a picture.

I have to see this is the first piercing I have been this un happy with. And it all because of the size of the ring. I cant wait to change it! (and all my others still have the orginal jewerly in it I got pierced with - so I have never been unhappy with their choice before)
Old 09-16-2006, 08:49 PM   #6  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Piercings are expensive to begin with, and I think you should be happy with it, and not have to wait a few months to have what you want. If you had it done the way you like before, then I don't understand why they couldn't do it the same way again. Sorry, it must be very frustrating!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

The guy I talked to today told me I could come in and they could have a look at it. I almost feel like trying to do it myself, argh. Anyway here are some pics, the second one show how far it sticks out (that will be fixed with a smaller ring)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4340.JPG (34.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4343.JPG (29.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 09-18-2006, 06:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Congrats! It is very pretty. Some piercers are adamant about what they pierce with. It may be worth it to you, and it may not be. Maybe you can change it soon and all will be happy!

My piercer is pretty stubborn about what he pierces with, but I know that he's the best around here, so I don't complain! He's done 4 piercings for me and I have no complaints about him so far. He always uses rings, and he always starts with 12g. Although, I'm sure he could be pressured into piercing with something else, especially if he knows the person and knows that they know how to take care of it.

That said, I agree that if you're paying for it you should get exactly what you want! BUT...it won't take that long to heal so that you can change it to whatever you want!

Looks great! Might be my next ear piercing...or daith...I'm not sure yet...decisions decisions...lol. Congrats, and hope your healing goes quickly and painlessly!

Kim
Old 09-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

This is the first time I have been pierced by this guy, but not this place. It really is the best place around here. But I just dunno about this guy. The other ones there are usually better with doing what you want as long as they thing its okay. If I had of really pushed the 16g thing sure he would of done it... but too late now!

As for painlessly it hurts like a BEEP, but thats cuz it keeps getting knocked around. And i hit it every hour.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I have a ??? For the girls that have VCH's im getting mine done on my b-day 10/07 this year should i just buy a ring from them? i wants the circle and what gage should i get ?? thanks
Old 09-18-2006, 06:54 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

The piercer will provid you with the jewerly (dont buy beforehand). Personally I have a barbell and love it. As for gage, I believe mine is 12 gage and if I remember right I think I read somewhere that you shouldn't go lower then 12 gage. But it does depend on your body.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:56 PM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks now i need to start looking for someone i can trust to do it right any suggestions maybe some questions i should ask or things to look for?
Old 09-18-2006, 07:00 PM   #13  
Starting Fresh

I would ask around, google where you live. I try a place based on recommendations. Sometimes the nicest looking places can be the worst the worst looking the best.

Like the trouble I had last week, the girl had no idea but they place looked legit.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Courtnie is right, they will provide the jewelry! Some places may give you a choice. I *think* a ring is the ideal starting jewelry for a VCH because of the rotating factor, and the fact that a barbell can get caught easier. Ya don't want that ripping...hehe.

Yeah, 14 or 12 gauge sounds about right to me! Smaller and it can slice the skin causing something they call the 'cheese wire' effect. You can always stretch pretty easily if you want a larger gauge after it heals!

Ask around and see what others think about the place you're going. You want to look for cleanliness, ask about an autoclave, the piercer should be availible to answer ANY questions you have about the procedure and aftercare. He should change gloves a few times throughout, if he touches anything at all!

Since you have a timeframe in mind, you have time to go into shops and ask questions and get a feel for the piercers and their practices. If you feel uncomfortable about ANYTHING, don't go there! You have every right in the world to not go somewhere, for any reason!! You're paying good money and want it done right, cleanly and safely the FIRST time! Don't make rash decisions!

Good luck...the VCH is awesome! It all depends on the placement for if it's um...functional, but at least it's sooooo pretty!!!

I'm planning on a triangle in October to go with my VCH! I can't wait to see how that turns out! Gonna be a girl's day out...hehe. My best friend and another friend are getting VCH's and I'm getting my triangle!

Kim

wow this was a long post...sorry...hehe.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:04 PM   #15  
Starting Fresh

I always thought barbell was standard for VCH? I guess it depends on the place, haha...

thats why i didnt want the 18g in my ear was cuz of the cheese wire effect, but the guy assured me that wouldnt happen to my snug :S
Closed Thread