General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 11:37 PM   #46  
something witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbugs View Post
If something really scares you, though, it is not really an "irrational fear", don't you think?

In my previous post I said I am scared of M.I.C.E. Well, for Pete's sake, they could be little rabid things that crawl up my pant leg. That is something to be afraid of..to me!! It is not irrational, because I would have a freakin heart attack if that happened.
That's interesting- at what point does a fear become irrational?

I think something can really terrify you and be totally irrational. Being scared of spiders is not really irrational- some of them are deadly. Being scared at a picture of a spider though, would be irrational.

And I think being scared of statistically improbable things like getting hit by a meteorite is irrational.

Thinking back on it, my fear of driving isn't really irrational, it's just very pronounced. The toilet paper thing though, a bit more.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

snakes .. most definitely snakes .. i live in west texas and we see snakes here quite often ... i can't even run over em cause i am afraid they will get caught under the car and bite me when i get where i am going and get out of the car .. and that new movie! snakes on a plane? omg .. nightmares .. just from the commercials ... my boys think it is hilarious .. always bringing home snake books .. or worse ..snakes! i tell them i understand why some animals eat their young! they do nothing but torture us!
also am afraid of edges and heights... i can't go near an edge am terrified of falling ..even if there is a railing.. and those bridges that are grates? omg .. no way .. not happening ..
Old 09-11-2006, 11:04 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

~Not being able to breathe-this would include drowing, being choked, being in a room with a lack of oxygen, even in play-having a pillow or blanket over my face for an instant sends me into a panic.

~Flying-I HATE flying, and have not flown in a plane for over a decade. I cry when my husband leaves on a plane for business trips, and when he gets on his flight to come back home.

~Getting to the cash register at a store without having my money/checkbook/credit card/etc. A very strange, but irrational fear. I check my purse before I leave the house, before I go into the store, and before I get into line. The fear of being humiliated with a load of groceries/merchandise is a biggie for some reason.

~WORMS. Probably my biggest, and most strangest of phobias. It is a childhood fear-my cousins used to chase me with earthworms, and now I cannot even walk outside at night if there was a rain without having my husband go out and "clear the path" for me of any worms on the pavement. The smell of worms outside after a rain makes me almost ill. I could literally die of heart failure if someone locked me in a small room and dumped a handful of worms on the floor.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #49  

mice - FREAK me out
airplanes - terrified of them crashing and I even have dreams (nightmares) of them crashing. When I see a plane that looks to low I almost panic
Old 09-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

Whenever I go into a bathroom (not public), I look in the shower to make sure no one is in there. I'm always afraid that someone is in there and is going to jump out. I've been scared of clowns since I was a kid and watched Poltergeist by myself. Although I'm not afraid of heights, I'm deathly scared of ladders. Whenever I get on one, whether it's a tall or short one, I feel like I'm going to fall.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #51  
LLV

Awwwwww, I like snakes, lol. My friend has a Boa Constrictor and lets it roam the living room sometimes and she likes crawling up in my lap. Except she's very mischievous. We've had to literally cut her out of the back of the couch and don't even put her in the same room with a Christmas tree.

I think, as far as bugs and/or creatures are concerned, I'll have to say June Bugs. Those things freak me out bad. If I'm sitting outside and even HEAR one of them buzzing, I'll get up and take off. I'm outta there.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #52  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenac View Post
Whenever I go into a bathroom (not public), I look in the shower to make sure no one is in there. I'm always afraid that someone is in there and is going to jump out. I've been scared of clowns since I was a kid and watched Poltergeist by myself.
I don't like clowns either. When I was a kid and my dad would take me to the circus, I'd literally hide behind his legs whenever I'd see a clown. They scared the crap out of me. And I later found out this is a very common fear. This is why so many horror flicks use clowns because the moviemakers know that clowns freak a lot of people out.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:23 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

My husband is afraid of clowns...and so was Kramer from Seinfeld.
Closed Thread