General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 06:27 PM   #31  
Melting Butter

Career choice prevents excessive piercings. I just have one hole in each ear...I was considering a belly piercing, but decided it really wasn't worth it. So...I think I'll stick to what I got!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #32  

I'm boring...lol just one piercing on each ear. I had my nose pierced, but I could not get rid of a keyloid that was there constantly. I had it in for 7 months, but finally ended up taking it out because I was afraid I'd get a scar. I have one tattoo... and I'm hoping to get another one soon.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I have 4 tattoos and the left side of my nose pierced (along with 4 holes in my ears-3 left, 1 right).

I had my naval done about 10 years ago-before it was so "trendy". Once every 16 year old girl in town started getting one along with every mainstream pop starlet-I took mine out.

I always had trouble with my naval though-so I was glad. It never healed fully-and it was always painful. No matter what I did, my body just wanted to reject it.

I could never get my nipples done, or a VCH done...if my body rejected a naval (and I did have some trouble before my nose finally healed as well) then I don't even want to go there! Plus..I breastfeed my children, so I don't want anything in that area, either, that could possibly affect that.

What I *do* want is more tattoos though...they are my personal preference, if they are done well, and are meaninful to the wearer. (as in, no "generic" tattoos that 500,000 people already have-like guys with a tribal arm band or a Looney Toons Tasmanian Devil.)

I love my nose piercing though...
Old 09-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #34  
I can do it this time.

Lets see Currently I have 5 in my right ear 4 in my left, and my tongue. I also have 1 tattoo and by the end of my weight loss journey I plan to have at least 3 more.

I used to have, : Nose,eyebrow,lip , labret
Old 09-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Aphil, I'm sure if you wanted a VCH (no idea there...lol) you would be pleasantly surprised at how easy the healing is. There's generally no swelling, tenderness and all of that...and the area is self cleansing, so that's taken care of! The nipples...I can't tell ya much! I seem to be a fast healer in most areas, so maybe I'm just getting lucky with my new piercings, but they're not giving me any trouble at all so far!

Thanks everyone for posting your tatts and piercings! I love reading about them, and alot of people will surprise you with the number they have, and you just can't see! I always wonder what people's face would look like if they knew what piercings and stuff I have...lol.

Kim
Old 09-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #36  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I agree, VCH is the "dream piercing". There is was little to no aftercare required. None of that soaking in hot salt water and all that crap. You get the piercing and thats it, your done. You have to be gental with it, or your suposed to, I never was. lol

I got a new piercing! I already made a thread for it...
Old 10-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #37  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

OK WELL SAT IS THE DAY ( OCT 7th) ......................................
MY B-DAY AND VCH PIRCING IM REALLY NERVIOUS NOW .................
ok question My husband wants to pirce it himself do you think this is wise ??? i mean what all i need is the ring and 18 g needle right please help
im a little nervious im confident he can do it im just scared of if something could go wrong?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Is your husband a profesional body piercer? If not....

NO WAY should you trust him to do a piercing...especially one THERE!!!! Just having the equipment isn't enough. Just handing someone a machine does not make them able to sew...nor does handing them a scalpel make them a doctor.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:22 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

NO NO NOOOOOOOOO!!! Please don't pierce yourself! Go to a professional piercer where you KNOW everything is sterilized and the person is experienced. If your husband has a problem with you being seen in that area by a man, try to find a female piercer or take hubby with you!!!

There are many, many stories on the net about do it yourself piercings going wrong in one way or another. Sterilization is not as easy as it seems, least of all in our homes. The area is a delicate area, and I'm pretty sure you don't want an infection there, or for him to slip and hit something else.

Some do it yourselfers have been successful, but that's by sheer luck or massive knowledge. I'd much rather hear of you having a pleasant, clean piercing experience than 'um...is my piercing SUPPOSED to be leaking green mucus??'

Good luck with it, whatever you decide to do! I'm sure you'll love your new metal!! I look forward to hearing about your experience, if you decide to share! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Kim

P.S. Courtnie, I asked on your other thread (I think...may have THOUGHT I did...lol) asking how your new piercing was healing? I've had good luck, except that I developed mastitis in my right breast 2 weeks into it. The piercing itself is healing great, just bacteria in a milk duct. Swollen, tender, red, itchy breast for 2 days before I finally went to the doc! Antibiotics cleared it up though. Smooth sailing for now! Hope your new one is healing well!
Old 10-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #40  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Piece it yourself? NO WAY! Expecially not 18g, it would be ripped out in two days.... just spend the money and do it right, GOOD LUCK!

My piercing is doing good. Still a bit sore, cant sleep on that side. But overalll very good. Still red and very swollen, but overall okay. I am liking it better now. Looks good. 16g would still be nice tho so I dont have to buy new jewerly, but it is growing on me Glad to hear yours are doing okay now! If you did ask I missed it - havent been around here as much lately.
Closed Thread