3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Anyone care to share piercings? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/93010-anyone-care-share-piercings.html)

OneKim 09-05-2006 02:45 AM

I agree Courtnie! It's the best ever!! Getting the VCH made me curse a quick 'holy sh*t' and that was it. After the initial needle I never had a moments pain with it! Not even tenderness a day or two after. I went right back to tight jeans and all! It is a fun piercing in that you can either tell, or not! Seems it comes up around others that are heavily pierced, but not so much around non modified people.

It's a beautiful piercing too! And yes, if I could keep just one of mine, it would be that one.

Browniegurl, I'm sorry to hear that your breast piercings rejected :( That's all I'm afraid of! I've heard it's one of the hardest piercings to heal...we'll see how that goes! I'll try to remember to post back here Thursday or Friday to tell how it went :crossed:

Courtnie, I want some of the ear piercings you named...I'll eventually get them as I get bored and use piercing to fill in the gap...lol. The anticipation gives me something to look forward to and the research gives me something to do!

I love hearing about piercings! Keep em coming! I work with 2 people that are heavily modified, but that's it.

I also have 5 tattoos and hoping for more after the first of the year.

Cardsfan, ya just reject some and keep some! Cartiledge really likes to be angry and not heal up right. Honestly, try your tragus (the hard flap right over the opening of your ear...hard to explain) but do it on the side you don't use for the phone, and you might be surprised at how easily it heals! Don't turn it or anything...just use 'Wound Spray' twice a day for a few days...that's what I did and I didn't have a seconds worth of pain!

Are any of you besides me and browniegurl using piercings as rewards for yourself? I figure my big 'goal' one will be a tattoo or a triangle piercing! This one I'm getting this week is sorta a halfway one, I guess!

Courtnie, I'll let you know how it goes. A heavily modded girl I work with has a VCH and the nips done...she said the VCH made her jump and the nips are nothing like as bad. But then, I suspect her nips aren't like mine...lol. I've had and nursed 3 kids...haha.

Kim
(this was very rambling!)

MizCandula 09-05-2006 10:19 AM

I've got 1 in my nose, lip, and tongue. 4 in each lobe and an industrial in my right ear. I have 3 tattoos - the largest of which is my thigh tatt that I'm finally getting colored in after 2 years. I wouldn't touch it until I had lost weight and I finally got half of it done 2 weeks ago. I have to get the rest done this Thursday :D

Now, speaking for the heavily pierced, my fiance has 3 liprings, 1 nose ring, 2 eyebrow piercings in each brow and his ears are all pierced up, with an industrial in his ear as well. People always ask him if hes got any hidden piercings and he always says "Are you insane?" lol. He's also sleeved in tattoos and has leg tatts and a stomach one hahaha. Him and my dad constantly compare tattoos, as my dad has his arms done. But my dad always says, "Does Billy [fiance] need all that metal in his face?"

Yes, yes he does. It's super hot :love:

sotypical 09-05-2006 11:13 AM

MizCandula - another boston terrier owner! wooo

Kim - I dunno if I could ever get my nipples done... I just heard they hurt way too much. My VCH didn't hurt at all, so it can only get worse! It was only sore for a day or so after cuz my boyfriend and I rushed home to try it out, LOL. My most painful piercing was my rook. I don't know if it was because it was the first one... but it hurt - a lot! It was also a PITA to heal. I am lucky tho, I heal good. I got my last piercing a year ago may (my anti-helix) and when the lady did it, she said "Just keep doing whatever it is your doing, I don't care if its not what I recommened" haha. Anyway here are some pics of my beauitful ears:
http://saltypickles.com/pics/rear.jpg
http://saltypickles.com/pics/lear.jpg
I love my ears, haha. I wouldn't mind one more in my right ear - then I would be finished. But no idea what I want so I will probably just leave them alone. I love the feeling of getting piercings but there is nothing else I really want done. Never been huge on facial piercings. I thought about getting a little tattoo or something, but I think there are too permentt for me! I change my mind too much.

Kreen 09-05-2006 11:35 AM

I have both earrings. Tried the navel 2 years ago but rejected, I think mostly because i was too fat, so it could not heal properly cause i kept hurting it with my folding stomach...so will definitely do that one again when I reach goal!

phantastica 09-05-2006 11:53 AM

I have 2 piercings in each ear, and a tongue piercing. I also have two tattoos, one of which I dislike and would like to have removed.

techwife 09-05-2006 01:24 PM

I'm scared...do I want to know what a VCH is? :fr:

707Goddess 09-05-2006 02:11 PM

I want a VCH but not untill goal last time i lost my wieght i hit goal and got my navel done and i have two pircings in each ear

4myloves 09-05-2006 02:12 PM

lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by techwife (Post 1395669)
I'm scared...do I want to know what a VCH is? :fr:

My guess would be that it's EXACTLY what you are thinking :devil:

drake3272004 09-05-2006 04:15 PM

My nose ring and next tattoo I'm going to get are goal weight rewards, I just haven't decided which goal for each.......still have to think about that one.
But here is a pic of the tat I have now, needs a touch-up big time!
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...004/tattoo.jpg

707Goddess 09-05-2006 04:39 PM

Question
when you guys got your VCH did you start with round ring or small barbell??? im getting mine done hopefully by my b-day oct 7th ( i want to be 15 lbs lighter ) thats my mini goal

sotypical 09-05-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 707Goddess (Post 1395980)
Question
when you guys got your VCH did you start with round ring or small barbell??? im getting mine done hopefully by my b-day oct 7th ( i want to be 15 lbs lighter ) thats my mini goal

I got it done with a bar bell. 12 gage I believe or maybe its 10.... I would have to check - the bar is at least half an inch long. I have never taken it out really, I tried changing the ball to something with a jewel and the ball kept falling off, haha....

OneKim 09-08-2006 06:53 PM

Yay! I got my nipples done yesterday! I won't lie, it HURT!!!! But they're soooo pretty, so it was worth it! Everyone has different reactions Courtnie, so you very well could deal with it! One girl (that can't take pain) told me it was nothing to her. I deal very, very well with pain, but I gotta tell you, as of right now, I don't think I'm going to get them done vertically as well, like I had hoped. But then, I've had and nursed 3 kids, so I'm sure they're tougher than some....so there's more pain there. They're feeling ok today though, as long as I don't bump em!

Courtnie, I love your ears too!!! I plan to get a few of those, just don't know when. And mostly in my right, cause I talk on the phone with my left and I don't want trouble healing them!

Techwife, did you find out what a VCH is? LOL. It's a hood piercing. There's a few different styles...Courtnie and I have vertical, there's horizontal, and triangle as well that is a little more intense from what I hear. I'm hoping to get that done, probably in October...if I can gather the nerves...lol.

Goddess, I got mine done with a captive bead ring...not sure of the gauge, I want to say 12. Never had a moment's tenderness with it, but unlike Courtnie, I waited the month before handling it in any way...lol. I know what you mean though Courtnie, the curiosity almost got the best of me! I have yet to change the ring, so I can't help you on that experience!

Loving the tats and piercings! I'm debating on getting a new tat or piercing next. Decisions decisions!

Kim

707Goddess 09-08-2006 07:52 PM

ONEKIM you are brave i could NEVER do my nips ( as much as i want to) i also breast feed 2 of my kids but mine are so sensitive YOU GO GIRL but i do have one thing to look forward to is the VCH I didnt know how my husband would react i mean to having someone down there to pirce it he's very private but he was thrilled i mean **TMI** we would play like i was but i mean never did i think he'd go for it so we are both excited now i'll let you all know how bad it hurts or not >LOL

OneKim 09-08-2006 08:09 PM

Goddess, you can do it! The nips are a piercing I actually always said I wasn't interested in, but the piercing bug bit recently, and I said 'oh why not!' and when I get something into my head...well...lol. I took 2 girlfriends with me and they were my support! One has hers done, so she KNEW what I was in for!

The VCH is...a very concentrated pain, if that makes sense? Alot only feel a pinch, and some have pain! For me it was more of a very sharp burn, but only lasted as long as the needle! Good luck with it! I hope you have a great piercer that you trust. That makes ALL the difference! My guy is great, fast, has an awesome rep around here...and he's gorgeous to boot...lol...that makes everything a lil better...hehe.

My best friend may be getting a VCH around the same time that you are! I may be getting my triangle around then, so we can whine together...hehe.

Kim

liz321 09-09-2006 12:01 AM

This thread is a hoot......being an ER nurse I would have to say that it is more the norm now to have something other than ears pierced than not....shaving and tatoos never boring either!

L