General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 08:08 PM   #31  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Oh, did I forget to mention the visible panty lines to boot?
well at least she wore some panties!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #32  
mom2cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-eyes View Post
well at least she wore some panties!!!

My favorite is the ladies that wear white see through pants with a dark colored thong or nothing. The women I am talking about are very nicely dressed and obviousy have money, but I guess they like showing off their "Stuff" or didn't bother looking in the mirror. Please someone tell me why they do this????
Old 08-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #33  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckettgirl View Post
My opinion is that couples need to think outside of the box - do what feels right for them, create new traditions, and STOP trying to please parents/relatives/friends.

Problem is she isn't the couple and it isn't her wedding to consider thinking outside the box. I do love original weddings though. My favorite idea was someone not only getting married in a barn, etc, but having a cotton candy stand during the reception.

Also sometimes even when the bride doesn't care, other family members might (like moms) and even though this shouldn't matter, the last thing a bride wants on her day is mom griping endlessly about something trivial.

Edit: I went back and read all. If you sister wants bridesmaids at her wedding...that's her color scheme and a different story. That color scheme sounds so serene and pure.

Last edited by DeafinlySmart; 08-29-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:53 PM   #34  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Ironically, at Curves this evening, the staffer on duty was arguing on the phone with her fiance. Her MIL will be wearing a formal ivory gown to her future DIL's wedding. The bride will be wearing an ivory wedding dress. And she's ticked.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:13 PM   #35  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Re: Pink bridal gown and white bridesmaids outfits - if it's the bride's idea then I don't see anything wrong with it. Sounds cool!

Angel-eyes - True, true . . .
Old 08-30-2006, 04:58 AM   #36  

Well, if I were you, I just keep the dress and get another one to wear on the wedding day.

Pink would be lovely, light green or light blue would be fine. But white is like intimidating the bride.

At least, I'd feel intimidated if any of my guests wear white.

Anyway, have a great time!

Cheers,
La Agua Fresca
http://aguafresca.healthifica.com
Old 08-31-2006, 10:17 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

I think that white or ivory IN a dress or outfit is okay for a wedding...but the entire dress/suit/outfit should not be white/ivory. Make sense? An ivory blazer and skirt with bright colored blouse/jewelry shoes would be fine...but a dress or suit entirely in white or cream is a no-no.

As far as the after Labor Day rule...it depends on the "white". It is perfectly fine to wear a white shirt or athletic shoes after Labor Day...it is the white pumps/dress shoes or white capri pants after labor Day that are the no-no "spring/summer" looks.

Also-I don't think all white wedding gowns make a "cookie cutter" wedding either-as long as there is personality/different things in the wedding.
I also had a Renaissance themed wedding...and it was in the fall-mid-October to be exact. I am a pale redhead like Mauvaisroux...and I also opted for "ivory" instead of stark white because it looks better on me.

My dress was Renaissance styled-in ivory and antique gold. (gold lacing, gold grommets, gold trim, gold satin underskirt, gold tiara, etc.)
Old 08-31-2006, 11:54 AM   #38  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

It seems to me that a purpose of a wedding is to get married in an environment that is a personal expression of the couple getting married, not to provide a "unique" experience for those watching. If you want to get married in a Victorian setting, a Renaissance setting, in a traditional fairy-tale white setting, or even while sky-diving in your birthday suit, it is your choice, as the ceremony should represent the individuals involved. Not all white weddings are "cookie cutter", and if one perceives them as such, perhaps one is judging the entertainment value of the wedding rather than appreciating the invitation to share with the couple one of their most important moments!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:01 PM   #39  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

The Curve's staffer is doing hers in an ivory Southern Belle gown with lace up high heeled old style boots. Her boots came in today. They were delivered to MIL's address as they are in the process of moving into their new home with the upcoming wedding this month. MIL boasted about how she was wearing the new boots to break them in for her and make sure they were going to fit her well. She hasn't even seen these boots yet and MIL has been wearing them all day. That woman sounds like a piece of work.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:33 PM   #40  
mom2cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
She hasn't even seen these boots yet and MIL has been wearing them all day. That woman sounds like a piece of work.

I am feeling like the today, but maybe the MIL will trip and sprain her ankle in the boots and she will have to wear an ugly cast to the wedding!!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:04 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Okay...does she realize that she is breaking in the boots to fit HER well, and NOT the bride? Not everyone who wears a size 7 has the same foot shape/width/arch. What a

Old 09-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #42  
Determined

I also disagree that all white weddings are "cookie cutter." A bride doesn't have to choose a dress just to "stand out," she should be choosing a dress that makes HER feel beautiful. Choosing something to be "different" is just as cliched as a white wedding, if a wedding could ever be a cliche. I don't feel that once "you've been to one you've been to them all." You go to support your friends and see people you love commiting to each other for the rest of their lives, not to see an interesting or different dress. Each wedding I've been to has been special because I was watching people I care about making one of the most important promises you can make and I felt honored to be included. Stepping off my soap box now.....

I wouldn't wear white just because of the fact that some people feel it is an insult to the bride. That said, buy the dress anyway and wear it out to a fancy dinner or something! That's a great price, and what a great way to celebrate all you've accomplished!
Old 09-02-2006, 08:11 AM   #43  
Nat

S/C/G: 199/161/133

Height: 5'4"

My wedding was very traditional - I wore white, we had a tradtional old fashioned car, the men wore tuxes, it was in a church.....and it was lovely.

Ideally we did want a medieval style wedding, but we couldn't in a million years afford it, so we went for traditional and it was really great.
I don't care what people say - there's nothing wrong with tradtional weddings

I wouldn't wear white to somebody else's wedding for fear of offending the bride.

Speaking of offending the bride, after my wedding, DH and I got into the car to be driven to the reception, and before we could blink my mother had dived in the car with us!! My dad was furious with her (my parents are divorced). He held his tongue though, as did both me and DH, but dear lord I thought she would have known that it's only supposed to be the bride and groom in the car! *mentally smacks mother*.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #44  
Determined

Xena - how did you do that adorable collage of your daughter? She's precious!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #45  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

One of my husband's sisters, who was NOT in the wedding party, chose to wear a dress in the exact shade and style of my bridesmaids/matrons. All evening, guests would ask me why she wasn't up there with "the rest of the bridesmaids". I KNOW this wasn't by coincidence, as she got the details and the style of the dress from her sister, who WAS in the wedding party. And, did I mention that I had these dresses custom made, to avoid this?
ARGHH!!!
Closed Thread