General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:06 PM   #1  

Default Build-A-Bear

Has anyone been to a build a bear workshop? I heard this is a great place for children's birthday parties or fun kids' activities. Can anyone give me their expericence with this place?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:45 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I went when I was 19 and it was the best thing ever! My boyfriend took me, and we made the bear together and gave it two hearts that we kissed and we dressed and bathed it, it was so much fun! I still think it was so cool and I am now 21, haha. Super expensive tho, cost him almost 100$ when we were done.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #3  

I took my dd to the Build-A-Bear at Navy Pier (Chicago) in April this year. Very cool place and yep, my wallet was a $100 lighter when we left LOL!
Old 08-23-2006, 03:04 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I made a very simple bear (it was for a 1 year old, so the clothes and such weren't an issue - they're choke hazards for kids under three) and it only set me back $35 or so, so it can be reasonable. It was so much fun. Its one of my favorite baby gifts.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

We got a monkey at Disneyland last year... We were given a coupon and it didn't seem as expensive,,,
This lil monkey has some cute outfits...tux, football uniform, track suit, and a lil vest and jeans.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I had a boyfriend in the past that made one for me....he even bought it clothes that matched his! I thought it was a very romantic gift!
Old 08-23-2006, 04:45 PM   #7  

Oh it sounds like such a cute idea. Thanks for everyone's input. I was just on the website and they are hosting a casting call/sweepstakes for your child to win a role in an upcoming movie. If anyone has any little hollywood movie stars in their house you should enter. I am going to go to an actual worskhop and check it out! I hope i build one as cute as yours sotypical.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9"

We had my sister's eighth birthday party at Build-a-Bear. It was madness -- those little kids were so stoked! And it was far easier than hosting something at home.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:41 PM   #9  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

I love doing them as baby gifts too. We have several friends from BAB.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

I love that place! My 6yr old DD went there for her birthday and she had a blast. It is pretty cute seeing the taste that your child has in clothes and names for the bears. She named her first rabbit Cherry Carey. Too Cute!! It's not that expensive if you don't let the kids go wild in the place. But I have to say it is easy for you to walk out of there with the most expensive teddy bear known to man. Everything is just so cute!!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:45 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan View Post
I love doing them as baby gifts too. We have several friends from BAB.
What a great idea, I never thought about making them for baby gifts, that is too cute. So is anyone going to sign up their little rockstar up for the Alice production casting call? My god daughter came home from the mall this past weekend and is obsessed with Hollywood/being in a movie. She wants to sign up. what if she wins? LOL
Old 08-24-2006, 05:00 PM   #12  

My daughter had her 9th birthday party there this year... cost about 125$ for the 4 girls (the rest of her friends were on vacation that week of the 4th of July!) with a package where they could chose any animal in the shop, any outfit for it and also an accessory, they also got to pick 'a sound' to put inside their animals (like a giggle, growl, meow etc). We got a party room & Karaoke machine for 2 hours - we brought the cake & snacks, they provided the plates, napkins & utensils.

The kids had a blast singing & making their animals.... It'll definately be on our list of party ideas for another year.

Party packages are MUCH cheaper than just walking in and making a single one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aimee's 9th birthday party 031.jpg (38.8 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Wolfena; 08-24-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:26 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfena View Post
My daughter had her 9th birthday party there this year... cost about 125$ for the 4 girls (the rest of her friends were on vacation that week of the 4th of July!) with a package where they could chose any animal in the shop, any outfit for it and also an accessory, they also got to pick 'a sound' to put inside their animals (like a giggle, growl, meow etc). We got a party room & Karaoke machine for 2 hours - we brought the cake & snacks, they provided the plates, napkins & utensils.

The kids had a blast singing & making their animals.... It'll definately be on our list of party ideas for another year.

Party packages are MUCH cheaper than just walking in and making a single one.
They have party rooms? I dont remeber seeing party rooms at the one i was at. I have to go back and check that out. That is great that you could do cake and karaoke after doing the bears.

BTW, i found a link for the contest. http://www.buildabear.com/lp/alice/?sc_cid=alice
Old 08-26-2006, 01:36 AM   #14  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Me and my daughter LOVE Build a Bear! We have about 12 animals so far! Its very addicting AND can get very spendy. When you spend $100 dollars you get $10 dollars off your next purchase, which is nice. Im planning on having her party there this year! We cant wait!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2223.jpg (37.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 08-26-2006, 08:54 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

OMG me and my DD LOVE BAB... Between us we have about 10. I just got her the Snow Lepard for her birthday (you can get them on the internet as well). She loves collecting them and I will save them for her when she gets older. She sleeps with ALL of them in her tiny bed.....looks like the scene from E.T.....LOLOL.

The one thing I don't do is get the clothes...because then the prices of these things get pretty high.

Purplecrush..... that picture looks like my DD's bed LOLOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snowlepard.jpg (18.9 KB, 6 views)
Closed Thread