General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #1  
wanting to be thin

S/C/G: 147/140/118

Height: 5'1ft

Default Whats your one weakness???

Its always hard for me to resist my fav foods but pizza is something I just cant pass and darn I was doin so good today but my sister brought home a stuffed crust from pizza hut now I only had one slice but one to many, ahh so mad and becuz i ate that I had 3 bags of chips and chocolate I went crazy, how do you keep urself off the bad foods???
Old 08-20-2006, 08:44 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Chocolate Cake is my biggest weakness. I just can't have it at all. If I do have a slice, then I pig out on all kinds of junk. I guess once my body gets that sugar it makes the cravings just too hard for me to control.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:47 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Some gals I know get so angry that they throw the food in the garbage and drizzle it with dish soap... Maybe that would work... I've never done this myself yet, but I think it's a dang good idea!
Old 08-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #4  
Walking by faith

Wink

I've tried the dish soap idea with some favorite binge foods. Desparate situations call for desparate measures!
Old 08-20-2006, 11:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Yeah, If there is a food around that I know is going to trigger me then I will throw it out. I know its a horrible waste but I have to be ruthless - i'd rather it feed my cat then feed my hips.

Leftovers of most any kind are my weakness. If I know they're in the fridge I HAVE to have them - I freeze a lot these days.

Liv
Old 08-21-2006, 09:11 AM   #6  

I guess for me it is salty things....though at certain times of the month I do crave chocolate and and tall salted ceaser or a corona.

I try to watch portions and don't make anything off limits...I try to keep healthy stuff around and keep chips etc out of the house.....still too lazy to go drive and get it......

Liz
Old 08-21-2006, 09:55 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Chocolate and kettle chips.... OY !!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

My weakness is cheese, and it's the only food I allow to exist outside of my strict eating. I would rather be fat than live without cheese.

As far as other food weaknesses, I use substitions. If I want ice cream, I'll go grab some yogurt; if I want pizza, I'll make one with pita bread and healthy toppings; if I want potato chips, I'll have tortilla chips, popcorn, or a small bag of low-cal chips.

The key is having suitable alternatives stocked. I used to think, if I didn't have trigger foods in the house, I would be ok. However, pizza is always just a phone call away. So, I can indulge in a slightly less bad form of what I want. Sometimes you just have to compromise with yourself.

But if I'm craving cheese and end up eating a whole block in one sitting (8 servings), I just try not to stress about it. The important question is always: "was it worth it?" The worst is when I eat something bad and then afterwards, upon further reflection, I realize that I really didn't enjoy it. With cheese though, I always enjoy it and, for me, it's worth the minor calorie setback.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 267/240/160

Height: 5'5

Default My biggest weakness

My biggest weakness is anything with sugar. Pound cake is my favorite.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/156/143

Height: 177 cm (5ft10in)

a good gourmet cheeseburger
Old 08-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'8"

There are a lot of foods I love. Fried foods are an indulgence I rarely submit to. Chocolate and other sweets are hard for me to avoid. Cheesecake there is no denying.

I would have to say it's not the food that's the weakness, but my emotions. Whether it's boredom, sadness or happiness, food seems to fit every occasion. There is always a reason to eat something and none if it has to do with being hungry.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #12  
9.95 + S & H

Pasta, glorious pasta! I let myself indulge once a week though - I couldn't live without it!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 64/60/54 (141/133/119)

Height: 163cm (5'3)

Wine. Red wine, white wine. Just wine

I have found however, that if I drink at least four glasses of water during the day, that I don't crave the wine at night time. As drinking water is difficult for me, it's probably more a hydration thing than a REAL wine thing. Although, I don't think I'd ever say no to a good red, even if I'd had twenty glasses of water that day.

Suzanne

SW/CW/GW: 58.4/57.85/52.5kgs
Old 08-23-2006, 12:10 AM   #14  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Ahhhh lewelaine!!! I would have said a good cheeseburger too!!!

PS Pyschophat, do you like spaghetti squash? I use it in place of pasta and even my husband and kids (very picky eaters) like it....no it's not like the real thing, but I could do it once a week easlily!

Pizza does it for me too, full fat cheese dipped in mustard (the kind from a cheese house or Amish country, not so much the stuff I can get at the grocery store), Blizzards from DQ, and mmmm...banana flips by Nickles I believe, they're like spongecake filled with a thick layer of banana frosting... omg!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

EDY'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICECREAM!!! IT IS HEAVEN!
Closed Thread