General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 06:28 AM   #1  
~C~

Default hi, is it okay to ask this????

HI, i'm fat again. just like everyone here, i hate it. I guesss i'm finally aware that its emotional issues. control issues. and, i also know that i DO have the power to lose it, when i put my mind to it. I just want to have the power to keep it off.

I'm a normal average woman. two kids, struggling like everyone else...and, i just wondered..and i hope its okay to ask, but it is significant...Am i the only woman in here who identifies as "lesbian" ? I've read many posts, and we seemed to have pretty much covered politics and religion.

Well, this is one of my daily struggles that contributes to my emotional weight gain. Just wondered if there is anyone else in here who can relate to what i'm going through. Not looking to "meet" anyone. Not looking for anything inappropriate. Just support...

Well, looks like a cool site..

me
Old 08-03-2006, 06:33 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

There are some gals around.

I'm not sure if there's a specific thread about it, but like in life - you're not the only one
Old 08-03-2006, 07:19 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67282
Old 08-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #4  
~C~

ooh, ty!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:03 AM   #5  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

Just wanted to say, one lesbo to another- welcome! Yes, it is nice that there is a GLBT thread on this site- but just a little note to let you know that you don't have to feel relegated to that thread. I pretty much post where-ever I feel I have something interesting to add (or not ), and no one on any of the boards has ever made me (or anyone else as far as I've noticed) feel uncomfortable about joining in although I am not "the age" listed on the sub-forum title or if I am following a different eating plan. From what I've noticed, the different boards are more a manner of "how are we going to organize this chaos" rather than "how are we going to group everyone". I actually use the New Posts link more than anything else, since it gives me a great overview on what is going on in the entire forum.

Again, welcome! I'm sure you will find this as nice and helpful a place as I have.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Lol, I'm straight but I second the posting wherever you want business. I post in WW, LAWL, UK, etc all the time when I see an interesting question. Sometimes I will make a notation that I'm not LAWL (etc) and sometimes I don't even notice what forum I'm on. When I want to make a new thread, I will usually put it in the corresponding and often the calorie counters area because it matches that (controling the chaos).
Old 08-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #7  
LLV

Of course it's alright. This is a support community and it's nice to sometimes find people to relate to
Old 08-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #8  
Addicted to potato salad!

C - Whatever is stressing you out, especially if it's hampering your ability to lose weight, is always appropriate. Reason being (IMHO) is that stress is one of the biggest we gain weight, lose it unhealthily, can't get rid of it, etc. I mean, as long as you aren't using profane language or being demeaning to others, this is a great site to vent about all things that are stressing you out. Whether it be family matters (husbands, significant others, kids, wives, parents, pets, etc, etc, etc), co-worker problems, your favorite sports team is losing, your favorite pair of jeans doesn't fit...whatever! Post it here and we'll either give you advice, a pat on the back, or a nice, friendly . You're amongst friends here and we're all on the same page at the end of the day...trying to lose the bulge. And keep it off!!

Regarding not being able to keep off the pounds you've lost...you should do some snooping/lurking around the different sub-forums here. Ask questions and find the right plan for you...one you can stick with after you've lost the pounds! I love Sugar Busters. Its a simple plan that I love that makes sense to me and is a breeze to stick to. I'm in a bit of a holding pattern at the moment, but once I get the kids out of the house and into school in September, I plan to up the exercise and ditch that last 20lbs for good! But, while in that holding pattern (I just have come to a place in my weight loss that I need to step up the activity and make it more strenuous) I haven't gained more than a couple pounds that comes right off if I drink more water.

Anyhow...this Support Forum is a great place to talk about just about anything. But there is also a forum for Alternative Lifestyles that I don't know a whole lot about (as I'm not very alternative, myself) that you might find more kindred spirits at, but you should know you're amongst friends anywhere you go on this entire forum
Closed Thread