General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 06:41 PM   #1  

Default pets anyone??

i am a huge pet lover. i am very active on a couple of pet forums actually.

in my house hold i have two house rabbits. their names are Alex, and Ryo. And by house rabbit i mean they are litter trained and have the run of the house. yes they have a cage, but they are only in it when i am gone or sleeping.
i also have two betta fish and a golden snail. i absolutly love fish. when i have more space i deffinally want a big fish tank.
and i have three girl mice. their names are Soma, Mary, and Peyo. they are such fun to watch in there little house. they are very freindly and one of them loves to sit with me. the other two rather find ways to escape from me to go exploring.
recently i just added a red ear slidder to my collection. a freind had it wild caught since it was a baby (about 3 inches) and now is about 12 inches. there is no way it could survive if released, and she couldnt keep it anymore because she couldnt provide for its size. so now i have it. her name is pearl and i am quickly getting attatched to her. she will take lettuce right from your hand!
i feel like i have many dogs. i work in a show collie kennel. i see these 30+ dogs every day for about six hours. i have really grown to love a couple of them. if i had the space i would deffinally get a smooth collie, but apartment living isnt good for them. they are just simply too big and i think the land lord would have a fit!!

so what about your pets? you got any?
Old 07-29-2006, 08:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

i am a fellow pet lover, but we are very traditional with our choices. we have a toy poodle named oliver who weight about 15 lbs. we also have a 50lb+ labradoodle named mozart. then there is our cat named possum (long story on her name) if we had the space i am sure that we would have many, many more if my kids had anything to do with it. the dogs are great motivation for exercise, since they are both house dogs and need to be walked.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #3  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

We have a 12 year old dachshund, a bunny, a turtle, an oyster toadfish, a gecko, a 4 month old Boykin Spaniel puppy and a one year old cat!
Old 07-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #4  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Oh, and a rooster, two chickens and a baby chick
Old 07-29-2006, 09:33 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

We love our pets. 2 chocolate labradors, named Molly Brown and Charlie Brown, 2 cats named Max and Mr. Robo, a hamster named Ferguson, a Guinea Pig named Mr. Wiggles, a beta fish named Puppy.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:52 PM   #6  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

My Household:

1 bossy cat (Hunter)
2 naughty bunnies (Spot and Trouble)
2 boistrous zebra finches (Lenny and Carl)
2 grumpy firebelly toads (uhh, toad 1 and toad 2? I have to admit they are un-named.)
1 hungry goldfish (San)
2 humans (Jen and The Other One)

The humans don't have a chance!
Old 07-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

I adore pets...I'd have tonnes if I could but I know my landlords (my parents lol) wouldn't let me.

I have a cat called Lexus She's a gorgeous short haired tortie and I love her to death. She's about 10 months old I got her not long after I moved off campus and into my house. Basically (and this may sound soppy) having a pet completes my life! I have to have a companion and nothing loves you so unconditionally as a pet.

And she's great for sorting guys out lol - If my cat doesnt like them then out they go! After all, I'm going to have my baby girl a lot longer than the vast majority of them will be around :P

I have a Collie x Border Collie dog as well but he lives with my parents as I couldnt take him to Uni with me and the yard on this house just isnt big enough for a dog and I wouldnt be able to give him enough exercise. Besides, I doubt i'd like to go from hobby farm living to city :P His name is Emmett - a very "pretty" boy lol.

Liv
Old 07-29-2006, 10:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

I have a soon to be 7 year old black lab (August 23)
a 1 1/2 year old miniature long haired dachshund
a toy pomeranian who will be 4 on August 19th. he's a whopping 5 pounds!

3 of my very best friends!
Old 07-29-2006, 10:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 272.5/266.5/135

Height: 5'6"

We own 4 dogs Bandit, Sundance, Barkley, and Pepper.....we foster 3 dogs for the humane society, Zero, Keisha, and Daisy. We have 2 adult cats, Mr. Ms. Kitty (long story) and Blacky....3 kittens yet to be named (just given to us) and a turtle named Tuck.

Please Remember to Spay and Nueter your pets!!

Misty
Old 07-29-2006, 10:49 PM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Lol at the Toad 1 and Toad 2. Sounds like us. We had a stray cat that showed up and was here for years. It never got a name, we all just called it yellow cat.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:47 PM   #11  

Default Our zoo

I'm glad my household isn't the only crazy one! My friends and family think we're nuts. We have:

1. Three dogs - Lucy (terrier mix), Bingo (Shih-Tzu mix) and Sadie (lab-border collix mix).

2. Four cats - Panther, Simba, Angel and Molly.

3. One Quaker parrot - Riley.

4. One bunny - Benjamin.

5. One guinea pig - Kelly.

6. One rat - Fiona.

7. One hamster - Emily.

The last two places my daughter and I have lived have been determined by the space for and acceptance of our pets -

Lori
Old 07-30-2006, 01:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

I LOVE animals!!! I am actually planning on going to Mizzou (University of Missouri) for vet school. I am so excited, its my dream job.

Right now I have 12 chickens (11 hens and 1 rooster--Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorps, and one Silver Laced Wyandotte, i havent named them cause i can hardly tell them apart. Some i can, but i figured i might as well just stick with "chicken" as all their names..hehe) 3 dogs (2 German shorthair pointers, Sam and Jake, one Visula mix, Buddy) 3 cats (Gracie, Oscar, and Honey[regular shorthaired housecats]) and 2 cockatiels (Rosa and Carlos)

Right now its nighttime so my cats are all wired (got that nocturnal thing goin on...lol) and Honey is running back and forth and down the hall making weird noises. lol

When i get my own house someday, ill have horses and chickens and cats and dogs everywhere. Maybe some cows or goats. Its my dream to live on a farm. My dad switched jobs from farmer to welder/machine part maker right before i was born, cause you know farming gets you absolutely no money. And we moved, so i never got that experience. Maybe ill go scout out a farmer husband, lmao. Theres plenty in Missouri. Gosh, I'm a dork.

Last edited by cardsfan2009; 07-30-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'5

I have A almost 2 yr old pitbull named precious ...we have had her since she was 3 weeks old..biggest baby you would ever meet & we recently got fish 3 zebra fish no name yet...2 angel fish ...kids r still debating the names...A snail & A beta fish we think were calling swimmy lol & that is enough for me...my b/f comes over & he is not A pet person & doesnt know what to say because I keep adding more lol
Lori!
Old 07-30-2006, 04:18 AM   #14  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

We have a gorgeous little tri-colored cocker spaniel called Simon. He's the best natured dog I've ever had, which is good for him because he's certainly not the smartest! He's brilliant with our 2 year old daughter, though. She rolls all over him and he loves every second of it. We also have a black kitty named Magnus that was a rescue. He and Simon are same-sex life partners, lol. They eat, sleep and play together. And there's a hamster called Adrienne, who can be very entertaining in the evenings. We like watching her antics, like hanging upside down from the roof of her cage and playing in her little rodent see-saw.

When I still lived in The States, I had a sweet little pot-bellied pig named Silly Pig. He was alot smaller than most and only reached 50lbs. I couldn't bring him with me when I moved to England but I'd love to get another. All this talk of chickens has me missing mine! I had 5 Rhode Island Red hens, called Parsely, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme and Ginger (I never knew which one was which) and a gorgeous Barred Rock rooster called CrowBar.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

ok here it goes....

Diva...our mini dauschund, she is named after my daughter's softball team the Divaz

Harley...Our over grown Mastiff, that is currently prego right now OMG!!

Mitzi....My beautiful little Siamese kitten, she's my baby

Bubba...Our little white and tabby kitten that I found at 3 weeks old and had to bottle feed, he likes to nurse on our ear lobes since he never did with his mom LOL

2 Gerbils.... that my daughter's kindergarten teacher pawned on us...Thanks Mrs. Jackson

Fish....Galore!!! We have two tanks 50 and 30 gallon and my daughter has a beta fish....My favorite is my Parrot Fish her name is Mango because she is the same color, she is very amusing...she likes to rearrange the stuff in the tank!

There is also an old neighborhood Tom Cat that we call Puss...he just comes around to get fed and get scratch in the morning when I drink my coffee outside

WOW I HAVE A ZOO!!
Closed Thread