General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 07:17 PM   #1  

Angry People can be so rude!!!

I work in a university with many "respectable" scientists and professors who are usually over middle-aged (fatherly to their students). Today I attended a meeting where they were discussing the progress of their students in this month's batch. one of the "respectable" professor couldnt remember the names of students and used adjectives to describe them like one with short hair, the boy with blue shirt etc...

It was all fine until he said this student was answering something tday and when asked which student he said "the skinny attractive one with red skirt"!!!(this student was tall and thin)

after 2-3 minutes for another student he says "the fat ugly-looking one with a huge black tote"!!!(this student was a bit overweight)

I felt very very angry but didnt have the guts to say anything. But do people as old and respectable as him also think this low? I think it was cheap of him to call such things as "fat and ugly" or "skinny and attractive"... (I am glad no students were present)

what can we expect from other sif such people who are this senior think like this? I have certianly lost respect for him!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

"Educated" doesn't necessarily equal "intelligent". Clearly this guy has more than his fair share of ignorance even if it's dressed up in a tweed jacket. You would have done him a favor by making a comment about how he might want to take the time to learn his students' names rather than describing them by their physical characteristics. Mentioning the legal ramifications if someone suspects descrimination might help.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #3  

awww that is sooo sad!!!!!!!!! Yea people can be soooooo mean that is forsure!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 08:32 PM   #4  
searching 4 the real me

I agree with Kateful... It's sad when you are in college, some students look up to there professors and then in turn-around, they act so immature and so unprofessional.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

This really doesn't surprise me. Not that it is right at all but most of the people I know say "dumb" things like this. I am in construction and work with many different races from time to time, it is not unusual for us to say stuff like ~ the fat white guy ~ short Mexican guy ~ bald black guy ~ etc. when talking about a person if one doesn't know them by name (although ugly never comes up!).

I would imagine that the percentage of jerks at the higher education level is no different (maybe more so) than at any level of jobs or trades or people for that matter.

How sad we are!
Old 07-14-2006, 11:50 PM   #6  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

You know, you could just referring to that professor as the "rude, old fart." just a thought....
He might reconsider his actions, but probably not.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:02 AM   #7  

I like that "rude old fart!" It felt awful to me because I thought people are more mature than that!!!
Old 07-15-2006, 02:12 AM   #8  
I AM smiling!!!

S/C/G: 276/252/150

Height: 5'7"

It's funny how "fat" and "ugly" seem to go together to these jerks! Also how they put "thin' and "attractive" together like they're matching sets. I've seen some beautiful 'fat' chicks and ugly 'thin' chicks - maybe they don't get out much but they're out there!

People like that are shallow and for them to insult others shows how wretched they truly are. People like that usually hate themselves and so they trod on someone they perceive as less fortunate to elevate themselves. What a miserable existence they must have.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:58 AM   #9  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

I
Quote:
t's funny how "fat" and "ugly" seem to go together to these jerks! Also how they put "thin' and "attractive" together like they're matching sets. I've seen some beautiful 'fat' chicks and ugly 'thin' chicks - maybe they don't get out much but they're out there!

I agree 100%!!! I have seen some beautiful heavy women!
The people that judge because of size are IMO shallow!!
Closed Thread