General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #1  
mom2cole

Default Breast lift or implants???

I know a weird question but I have to ask. Since I have been losing weight I noticed that the "girls" are just not a perky as they used to be. They are getting smaller but just not what I remembered them to be when I was young, skinny and in high school! I just turned 26 and I am slowly getting my old body back but when I am done I want to either have a breast lift or implants. Has anybody done one or the other. Kindof want the implants so they are nice and perky and maybe a little smaller. I am a DD now and I was once a large C. I want to wear tank tops with no bra so I figure implants and a smaller size might work. What do you think?? I am tired of my boobs! I want super model boobs. I am rambling now. Thanks for any advice.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #2  
Mel

You really need to see what you look like when you've hit your goal weight. Since you are only 26, your future childbearing/breasting plans should also be taken into consideration. It's my understanding that you can't nurse after a lift. If you are left with mostly skin, you might need a lift and implants.

Since breast tissue is mostly fat, if you tend to lose top down like most of us, that's where you are going to lose it first. Don't assume that it's going to get a lot worse in proportion to the total amount that you lose. Once you've hit goal, if you're really unhappy with the boobage, a good cosmetic surgeon would be the best one to answer your questions based on what you look like and what you want to look like.

Mel
Old 07-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #3  
mom2cole

I forgot to ad that I have two children and that took a toll on them and I am done having kids. I used to be down to 115lbs in high school with roughly a size C but man they are fine size wish but are just so droopy and I think a lift will be the only way to fix that. If I can ever gather up enough money I will have to talk to a cosmetic surgen. Does anyone know if I have back problems will insurance cover a reduction and a lift? I have heard that they will cover a reduction but does a lift come with it??
Old 07-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #4  
Meg

You might want to check out this thread: After weight loss breast augmentation . I don't know the answer to your question about insurance - when you're ready, consult with some plastic surgeons and I bet they can answer all your questions.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:14 PM   #5  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

I have implants and I love em!
Old 07-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #6  

??? i do agree with what one person said here...u should wait till u are at least at ur goal weight, or at least only a few pounds off, but not much off.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #7  

I had a mastopexy (lift) in 2000. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I love my breasts now, and I hated them with a passion before.

One side was a cup size bigger than the other, and after talking to my surgeon we decided that it was more in proportion with my body to make one side bigger, rather than one side smaller. So I also had a small (220 cc) implant put in the smaller side. They're now perky and lovely, and well worth the money!

BUT. I had been at my goal weight for a year, and my body had settled. My surgeon said that was best--to wait until some time had passed. Lift does NOT interfere with breast feeding if the nipple is not detached. I didn't care, I'm not interested in having kids anyway, but that's what the doctor told me. There are scars--one across the bottom curve, one from the center of the bottom curve up to the areola, one all the way around the areola--but they're mostly hidden, and what isn't hidden fades.

You probably, if you're a DD, really DON'T want to go braless much. If your body/skin had the tendency to stretch that got you into this place in the first place, the skin that remains will still have that tendency. You'll be a fuller, rounder breast, but if it's unsupported it WILL still eventually sag. Same with weight re-gain. Still beautiful and lovely, and a HUGE improvement from before, but there's still softness and sag.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:32 PM   #8  
resident lactivist

I don't think you'd need implants, but a lift sounds like a great idea. Once I am 100% done with having kids (and therefore 100% done with nursing), I plan to have a reduction and lift. I don't really want to go much lower than a DD, to be honest, because I've got a big frame. (And I haven't been a D-cup since some time in junior high!)

Personally, though, DH & I agree that we will pay out-of-pocket for the procedure, even though I am 'blessed' enough that it'd probably be a lock to get insurance to pay for it. The reason? I want to have 100% control over my surgeon. I have seen some nasty "after" photos, and no way do I want to be limited to those who accept my insurance. My best friend had similar surgery done (he lost a humongous amount of weight & there was a lot of skin left over, including the dreaded 'man boobs'), and loves his surgeon so much she is most likely the one I'll go with.

Of course, this is all still a few years in the future, since my littlest is only 9 months old & I extended nurse. But I'm the obsessive type, so I plan far in advance.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I would also like to second the comment about going braless. Pregnancy and weight gain/loss affect the sagging and elasticity of our breasts-but so does proper support or a lack therof.

I would not pay to get breast implants and a lift-to look good in camisoles "braless". No way. A and B cups can go braless without too much damage...but anything that is a C or above NEEDS support, or the weight of the breasts are going to eventually cause some sagging.

Larger breasts even need some support while sleeping-you may not want to wear your day bras, but a "sleep bra" or one of the camisoles with the built in shelf bra are great for sleeping for light support. (Although not enough for day wear if you are a C cup or above.)

I guess what I am saying is, don't go through the physical demand of surgery and pay all that money...and then go braless-because skin is skin-and it will sag under the weight of breasts, whether they be real or implants-if you are not supporting them properly.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #10  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I'm 42yo, never had children, and I got implants last year, and I LOVE THEM I was an A cup...and I had a "wondering nipple" (I know it sounds funny, but it was weird looking!) now I'm a full-C and I have two perky breasts with two nicely placed nipples -and I just adore it.

But you have to know that was some hard surgery! - Recovery was painful and the effects of the anesthesia (sp?) was mind boggling.

If you are a DD, you definitely don't need implants! You'd probably want a lift, and possibly a slight reduction. My suggestion is that you make an appt. with a cosmetic surgeon, and discuss your options. You may be surprised.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #11  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

I'm getting a reduction and lift when I get done losing weight. I am actually getting a 2 in 1 surgery, lipo/tuck and reduction/lift... i had a botched c section that really shredded my ab muscles and left me with a 'flap' of fat that never goes away, even last year when I was down to 150, the rest of my tummy was slightly poochy but the section around the scar {vertical at that} was hanging flab and chunky to boot.

I will agree with the bra issue though. I go without sometimes, but at 40D/E, I pay for it in the extra strech marks and lack of form... I know after surgery I will have to wear a bra of some sort 24/7 for the rest of my life, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice in order to have normal looking breasts again. Which I haven't had since like middle school, but oh well..
Old 07-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousie
I had a mastopexy (lift) in 2000. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I love my breasts now, and I hated them with a passion before.

One side was a cup size bigger than the other, and after talking to my surgeon we decided that it was more in proportion with my body to make one side bigger, rather than one side smaller. So I also had a small (220 cc) implant put in the smaller side. They're now perky and lovely, and well worth the money!

BUT. I had been at my goal weight for a year, and my body had settled. My surgeon said that was best--to wait until some time had passed. Lift does NOT interfere with breast feeding if the nipple is not detached. I didn't care, I'm not interested in having kids anyway, but that's what the doctor told me. There are scars--one across the bottom curve, one from the center of the bottom curve up to the areola, one all the way around the areola--but they're mostly hidden, and what isn't hidden fades.

I was considering reducing the one side that was bigger, but I will now wait until my goal weight and maybe do the lift and add instead....I am 40 and don't want any more kids (mine are 19 and 21) I am glad you commented!!
Closed Thread