General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #1  
it's always something

Exclamation Rockstar SuperNova? Warning - possible spoilers!

Did anyone watch this last night? I LOVED Rockstar INXS last year, but part of the enthusiasm came from the unique concept behind the show. When I heard they were going to do it again this year, I was leary. However, it seemed to turn out ok and I plan to watch the next one.

What did everyone think? Any early predictions?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #2  
Collie Mommie

I watched! I was really impressed by the first girl, Storm, and by the girl who did Jeferson Airplane, and the Australian guy. I think the girl who did Nirvana might be a good match for this band IF they are not straying too far from their metal roots. I didn't like that guy who did Black Crows (Josh?) - just not a fan of his style at all. And the girl who did Nickelback (Jenny?) was weak, I though. The girl who did Evansence was theatrical, but not too great. I think either "Roxanne" or "Cult of Personality" is a goner tonight.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #3  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

See, now I LOVED Josh. Yes, he did the Black Crowes. I thought he was just increadible. But She Talks To Angels is one of my favorite songs. I did like the girl who sang Janis. She was cool! I also liked Toby(?) - who sang Knockin' on Heavens Door. I didn't love the guy who sang Roxanne. I didn't care for the girl who sang Nirvana either. I also didn't care for the guy who sang the Goo Goo Dolls.

I am excited. I think this could turn out to be an interesting show.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #4  

The girls seem to be stronger this year....unexpected company came by so the Nirvana chick was the last that I got to see but dh watched the rest of it and agrees that the aussie guy was great. The Goo Goo guy good voice but boring performance. I'm enjoying this season.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #5  
ugggg.....

My bottom four would have to be the singers of the following songs;
the guy from New Zealand singing Satisfaction or the guy butchering Roxanne (if you are going to change a classic arrangement you better kick butt with it like the guy who sang the awesome version of Knocking on Heavens Door)

I liked all the girls except the one who sang Evanesence (sp?) and I didn't care for the girl that sang Janis--it might be I love Janis--when Joss Stone and Melissa Ethridge did it on one of the awards shows it rocked!!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #6  
ugggg.....

Does anyone think Chris from American Idol would have better doing this show???
Old 07-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #7  
it's always something

Chris would have been great for this show! I also secretly hoped to see Marty Casey sitting up there with the others. I just miss him, lol.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #8  
ugggg.....

I actually like Marty's personality better and wanted him to win, but after seeing JD with INXS I think they picked the right guy.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/281/255

Height: 5'7"

Default Liked It

Yep, watched and liked it!! I agree that the girls seem to be pretty strong this year and they have a good chance of having one of them make it all the way. There were a couple of singers that I am interested in hearing them sing something different because it was hard to really get a grasp of how well they sing.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:50 AM   #10  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

OK, what was up with last nights vote???? I think Matt was the only one that did really well last night. GRRRRR.

I miss Marty too. He was just so cool.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #11  
Collie Mommie

I didn't watch (I am catching up on "The Office"), but I heard Matt's downfall was picking a Duran Duran song as an audition for a hard rockin' band. I am more surprised Mangy didn't end up in the bottom three. And I hope Lukas's plan of being this year's JD (Canadian, homeless, bad-boy) backfires in his squishy little receding-hairlined face.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
Chris would have been great for this show! I also secretly hoped to see Marty Casey sitting up there with the others. I just miss him, lol.

I loved Marty! His Trees song is the first in my ipod at the gym when I hit the cardio.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 184/172/135

Height: 5'2

I thought the girls were really stronger this season too! I heard that Chris tried out for RockStar last season and didn't get past the top 50 but I think he would have done awesome this season - I loved him on American Idol!

I really liked Toby this week but its still early so we'll have to see!! But I LOVE this show!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #14  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Funny how we all like different styles and singers. I didn't mind Marty but hated that Trees song I didn't care for JD's personality but rooted for him because I thought he was a better singer.

Lukas has a powerful rock voice but he seems to be a bit of a jerk. I really don't care for the guy that sang Roxanne. But both of them may grow on me as the show wears on.

I didn't think Matt would be in the bottom three. I thought it was going to be Mangi (hated his performance) the guy who sang Roxanne (horrible!) and Josh ( I thought his performance was weak).

Though out of the three who were in the bottom Matt's performance was weakest and his song choice was poor. I was sad to see him go. He seems more suited to Britpop.

The girls all seem pretty strong and I did like Azara's performance of the Evanessance song - it was different. Dilana was kind of scary but good (Nirvana song). Jenny ( Nickleback song) was good but not as strong a singer for that type of song. Storm has a very powerful voice and that young girl from Georgia was good but not really a rocker (yet). The girl that did the Janis Joplin song was a little firecracker - she can really belt it out!

Not to be negative but I don't really picture a woman singer for this band, but you never know.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #15  
Collie Mommie

Song selection for tonight (I found it on another web site):

Magni – My Generation (The Who)
Jenny Galt – Tainted Love (Soft Cell)
Jill Giola – Violet (Hole)
Zayra Alvarez – You Really Got Me (The Kinks)
Chris Pierson – Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand)
Dilana – Ring of Fire (Johnny Cash)
Josh Logan – With Arms Wide Open (Creed)
Phil Ritchie – If You Could Only See (Tonic)
Storm Large – Surrender (Cheap Trick)
Patrice Pike – Heart-Shaped Box (Nirvana)
Lukas Rossi – Don’t Panic (Coldplay)
Ryan Star – Jumpin’ Jack Flash (The Rolling Stones)
Dana Andrews – Born to Be Wild (Steppenwolf)
Toby Rand – Somebody Told Me (The Killers)

Given that they are looking for some hard rock singers, someone tell me why the Creed song, Tainted Love, and ANOTHER Coldplay?
Closed Thread