General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 11:36 AM   #1  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Question Multi Vitamins

In late March I started taking One a Day Womens multivitamins....in early April I started binge eating uncontrollably(after 2 full months binge free). Last monday I stopped taking the multi vitamin (because I simply didn't care about my health at that point) and now I am 5 days binge free. The only other thing that changed last week was reading less on the boards and surely this board isn't my trigger.

Does anyone have any experience with multivitamins CAUSING the urge to eat EVERYTHING? Or the possibility of parts of 3FC triggering bad eating?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:39 PM   #2  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Hi, I have been taking Woman's One a day multivitamin for years and it doesn't make me binge. I binge when I don't plan properly and/or am very over tired. -- but everyone is different. Have you consulted your doctor about it?
Old 06-28-2006, 01:22 PM   #3  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

yes I asked about it yesterday and he said that some people react this way to vitamins and to try a new brand..not just a new type but a new brand. This made no since to me so i figured I would throw it out here to see what everyone thought.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #4  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Hm, that's interesting... I would be interested to hear if any one else had a binge reaction with multivitamins.
I like what you have instead of your ticker.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

That is weird...never heard of anyone binge eating because they took a vitamin. I too take the womens 1 a day and it doesn't make me want to eat. And I don't have a problem with 3FC making me want to binge either. I come here to stay out of the kitchen, lol! So...hopefully you find another vitamin that works for ya.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #6  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

funny you posted this...in Women's health there is a little blurb about this very thing...the nutritionist said that most people don't get the vitamins their bodies need, so when they start taking a multi, their appitie goes up because the body is working move effciently (b/c of the vitamines)

I am on a "copy cat" brand of 1 a day weight smat, I find that this brand has given me the urge to binge more than the real 1 a day...so maybe try a different brand and see what happens...
Old 07-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #7  
it's always something

LeaLee, have you been visiting other diet sites while you were binge free? If not, then do you think that by avoiding diet websites and focusing less on dieting, you've reduced any stress or pressure that was related to dieting that might have triggered the binges? Some people are able to eat normal portions of food until they feel like someone is telling them not to eat, then they feel that they have to eat more. People have actually said that if you tell them the CAN'T have a piece of cake, then they are going to eat that piece of cake no matter what. Of course I could be completely off base
Old 07-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #8  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I have never heard of this with the multi vitamins before. I have been taking the Walmart Equate brand of the Womens 1 a Day, and I haven't had any side affect like this yet. Hopefully you will find one that works better for you.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

When I was a kid, my mom gave me Flinstones Vitamins, which I still take now. (Dr. Recommended since I could not handle the vitamins she prescribed me). But my mom told me that back then she eventually took me off of them because my appetite increased.

I don't see that happening to me now, but I have been taking them a while now.

Closed Thread