My Icky Shower Floor

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: http://www.unilever.ca/ourbrands/homecare/vim.asp <<<< VIM
    They have all different ones, with bleach, gel, bathroom, kitchen, lemon, etc.
    gee Courtney do you like vim? lol Kidding,,,like you I use vim the most,,,and oxy...
  • I hate my shower - it must be nuclear hard water stains
    So last night I stopped off and bought a few cleaning things to try. Here is the run down

Magic Erasers - zipppo, nuttin, nada. Zero effect on hard water stains

Kaboom - did some cleaning, but only when scrubbed in with a stiff bristle brush. Left quite a few very tough areas.

SOS pads - nuttin.

Lime Away - got rid of most of the rest of the really tough areas, again only with a stiff bristle brush.

Still might try some Oxy Powder stuff I saw. Still looking for the spray on, rub with a sponge miracle!! Also recommended by a co-worker. Local Orchard Supply Hardware has a specific cleaner made for fiberglass.

I need to buy a water softener, but I just don't like the way that stuff feels.. ick

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
  • Hmm... Maybe I should try lime away on my shower doors. They won't get clean no matter what I use. I've tried CLR to no effect and about every other "standard" cleaner. Good luck with the hunt!
  • Geez Linda, those must be some really tough stains and hard water. I love the magic erasers...always gets the soap scum and hard water spots off the shower door-that's about the only place I use them. And the kaboom I use everywhere else and have never had to use a stiff brush...just a sponge. Hope you find something that works for you.

Courtnie...thanks for the link. Wondering if it is just sold in Canada...I've never seen it here.
  • Vim is sold in Canada and Europe. Unilever doesn't sell it in the US.