General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:04 PM   #16  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I have a four year old daughter and her big thing right now is dress-up. You can go and buy adorable little princess oulfits at just about any store. Another thing is a gift card to Build A Bear. Little girls love stuff like that.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #17  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Wow! Thanks to everyone for the fantastic responses! I am very appreciative for your help!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

I have 5 yr old daughter and I know at parties she seems to get duplicate of things because it is so easy to shop for girls. Maybe it would be a little more personalized if you got her a gift certificate to go see a movie like that new "Cars" movie that is out. That is sure to be something that she won't get two of.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 280/275/170

Height: 5'10"

When my daughter was around that age, she loved to do the "dress up" thing. If she is a girly-girl maybe some dressup jewelry and clothes. I agree also with the "Pink Isle" in any toy department. Most girls love the babydolls and barbie dolls. Coloring books and crayons are always a good gift, since she is at the age she will be starting school soon.

I'm sure what ever you get her, she will love it!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:03 PM   #20  

Hi. I am always looking at toys because I have 4 boys who are 7 and under. My sons love playing with girl toys too, so I can give you some ideas. I agree with the outdoor chalk. Crayola makes finger paints and markers that do not get on carpet and clothes because they only work on certain Crayola paper. Skip-it, Jump Stick and the moon hopper ball are back out in stores. Littlest pet shop, my little pony, and strawberry shortcake are also back in stores. I also recommend board games and coloring books. I hope that these suggestions help. I find the best thing to do is to stay away from the electronic, noisemaking toys. My kids hardly ever play with them for long.

Sara
Old 06-21-2006, 03:21 PM   #21  

When my dd was 5 (she'll be 9 in 2 weeks) she loved anything creative. Paint by numbers, glitter painting, drawing, you name it she loved (and still loves) that more than most of the toys in her room.

Her favorite doll was Baby Anabelle. She drinks a bottle and laughs and cries. Anabelle was a huge hit and only around $45.

Another place to look is a craft store like Joanne Fabrics. There's a whole kids aisle there that is amazing.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #22  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Hi, I have a 5 year old and she LOVES Polly Pocket and Build-a-Bear. I got her a little tote from the dollar store for all of her Polly Pocket accessories. She is a very active child so it is a great toy when I need her to calm down and she will play with it for a good hour. I love listening to the scenarios that she comes up with.
Closed Thread