General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 01:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/190/125

Height: 5'4"

Talking Does Anyone Live In Virginia, Or Listen To Classic Rock Mussic(80's)?

Hey, i'm looking to see how many people live in the state of Virginia, or any people who love classic rock music such as Heart, The Eagles, Don Henley, Michael Bolton, Journey, Foreigner, BTO, John Waite, Cher, Queen, Steve Winwood, Starship, Whitney Houston, Boston, Toto, Kansas, Aerosmith, Chicago, Phil Collins, REO Speedwagon, Wham!, Sinead O'Conner, Richard Marx, Ect. There are certainly many others but those are the only ones that i can think of right now. I can't find many people who listen to classic rock anymore. In my opinion, the above groups are the best along with other countless others . Please post back and let me know if you like anybody that i do, plus any great others that i have left out! I hope to hear from some fellow Virginians also!

~tweetyandme (Krissie)
Old 05-28-2006, 01:21 AM   #2  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Let's see ~ of those listed....

The Eagles
Aerosmith
Chicago ~ listened to their greatest hits just a week ago

You listed Heart, but not Fleetwood Mac!??
Old 05-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #3  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Oh, and I just looked at your profile ~ you're young to be so into classic rock! Good for you!
Old 05-28-2006, 01:35 AM   #4  

Fleetwood Mac is very cool also!
Old 05-28-2006, 01:44 AM   #5  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

I do! Actually I am Sooo completely committed to eighties rock that I sing in a band. Our set list ranges from Billy idol to Heart to Journey and many more. Our latest song is from Foreigner, "Jute box hero"?
Old 05-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm not into classic rock exclusively--I also love alternative rock, some punk, ska, emo, oldies, pop rock...I'm quite fond of Queen, Aerosmith (but not their new garbage), Billy Idol (saw him live at HFStival last year--AWESOME!!), Journey, Chicago...the list goes on. I've got them all mixed together on my iPod with Metallica, Barenaked Ladies, Guster, OAR, NIN, Blink 182, Britney Spears, Michelle Branch, Madonna, a bunch of punk cover bands...

Oh, and I live in Aleaxandria, VA. I know a lot of true Virginians don't consider northern Virginia to be part of real Virginia, but I'm still within the state lines I hope to be moving back to the Virginina Beach area (lived there for about a year 2 years ago) within the next 3-5 years.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:39 AM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Just moved out of VA in February. But does WEST Virginia still count? Most people don't know it's a different state anyway. LOL

I pretty much went along with all you listed until you got to "Sinead O'Conner, Richard Marx". I make my own CDs as it's the only way I can find music I like to listen to. The Eagles, Queen, Kansas, and Styx were really my favs. Though I've latched onto a few more modern singers, I mostly play 80s.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:03 AM   #8  

I guess West Virginia counts, espicaly because you WERE here in Virginia. The ONLY song that i like from Sinead O'Conner is "Nothing Compares". I love to listen to Richard Marx when i am feeling sad and down, like now i am lisening ti his "Hold On To The Night".

Some other groups/singers i forgot to mention are Styx, Pat Benitar(a fellow Richmonder!).
Old 05-29-2006, 08:05 AM   #9  
ugggg.....

Well, I have lived in WVA for the last almost 8 years, moved from MD, I really good friend of mine lives in Stafford. My 21 year old son and almost 19 year old daughter just went to DC101's Chili Cookoff and My son and I and his girlfriend want to go see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in June. Son just asked for a record player last Christmas and he has been hitting flea markets and thrift shops some of the ones he has found are Fleetwood Mac, The Cars, The Knack, REO Speedwagon, Scorpions and a few 70's Jim Croce, CCR, Bad Company, Yes and even two Beatles album. He did find a couple of others I am just not remembering them all--he wants my collection, but him finding all of these is making me want to get my own record player. He just got a Billy Idols greatest hits cd. I love the new VH1 Classics channel. I just saw the Sinead O'Connor "Nothing Compares" and that song always make me cry.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

Tweety, my hubby played drums for Pat Benetar once, as well as Molly Hatchet...anyone remember them? LOL

And yup, I was a "true" Virginian too...lived in VA Beach. LOL @ Jill My sis still lives out at Oceana, so I guess I'm a Virginian by blood.

What part of WV Jules? I was raised in the Charleston area, but living in the Huntington area now. Convenient having three states in your back yard.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #11  
ugggg.....

I grew up in Boonsboro MD in Washington County moved to another little town in Washington County when I married my hubby and then we bought the property we live on now--the town is not even on the map but it's between Martinsburg WV and Berkeley Springs WV in Berkeley Co--my daughter goes to Shepherd University in Shepherdstown near Harpers Ferry WV. We ride the motorcycle up past Berkeley Springs and there is a spot you can actually see WV, VA, PA and MD. My son lives in Martinsburg but works in Leesburg VA.
Yes, I saw both Molly Hatchett and Pat Benetar in concert in the 80's -- maybe it was your hubby playing drums!!
Old 05-29-2006, 06:09 PM   #12  
A new me in '07!

Height: 5'1

So nice to meet fellow Virginians...even if they're hours away!

I've been living in Alexandria, VA for three years (this weekend), although I'm originally from New Jersey. Out of the ones you've mentioned, I listen to The Eagles, and Aerosmith, along with a very eclectic mix of music. I'm game for pretty much anything.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #13  
Blonde Bimbo

Ahhh, the other end of WV Jules. WV has a lot of "not on the maps". LOL! My cousin used to live in Beach Bottom...where there was no beach, but Bottom might have fit the bill. That one's right on the border of PA, up near Wheeling.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:17 AM   #14  

Talking

Virginia Is For Lovers.I love knowing that there are so many people on 3FC from and around Virginia! I also love knowing that i am not the only person who enjoies classic rock music. I was taught that music is good for the soul, and i can definatly see that! Classic rock has more soul, heart and passion in it then todays music, in my opinion.(No offence to anyone and their music preference.) Rock On!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #15  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetyandme
Virginia Is For Lovers.
That's only because you can get a marriage license and be married all in the space of an hour on a Saturday morning. ROFL! Maybe that's why he's the ex.
Closed Thread