General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 06:07 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I LOVE horror/scary movies. But I can honestly say I don't think there has been a REALLY scary movie out there in a long time. The Grudge was funny, and stupid. Saw Saw 1 & 2, not scary. The Ring 1 & 2...thought were good but not scary. Saw something _____ Water with Jennifer Connely...liked it but too not scary. We keep going to the so-called-scary movies but I haven't found one that has scared me yet. The Friday the 13th ones when they first came out kind of scared because I was home alone, lol. But it wasn't so much the movie as it was the music that kind of freaks you. The same with books...love scary/mystery/murder/horror books but the only thing that has really freaked me is Charley Manson. Don't know what it is about that guy but he really freaks me out. When I saw him on tv when he came up for parole I could not look at him, kind of funny.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:45 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 210/110/110

The movie "Rosemary's Baby" is my favorite scary movie. I still cannot watch the entire movie. But I keep trying.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:25 PM   #48  
I restore Teeth.

I LIKED SAW but it wasn't a scary movie at all. I thought there was creativity in the script and the design even if the acting was sub-par. I enjoyed SAW II as well.

I found The Exorcise to be a sleep medication and Amityville Horrer (movie) to be plain hollywood eye-candy. I saw 13 Ghosts, but I think I forgot the ending. But it wasn't too great either. The Ring (the american versions) movies are not as scary as the Japanese versions. (The japanese have a penchant for scary movies, and they always make better scary movies than the Americans! They don't get much publicity around here though.)

I saw Eli Roth's HOSTEL. What a waste of time.

You can tell I'm not a big fan of scary movies. I really liked Saw though...
Old 05-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #49  
No description available.

The movie that scared me for a long time was...Jurassic Park. I know, I am a big weenie, but I kept seeing that raptor turn the door handle. Ack! I've never even tried to see some of these other movies. I don't read Stephen King anymore although I do read Dean Koontz. Anyone read Odd Thomas?
Old 05-23-2006, 04:01 PM   #50  
Fat-be-gone

The scariest booK I've read so far is Everythings Eventual by Stephen King. there is a story in there that scared the bejesus out of me.

I hate to say the scariest movie I've ever seen was The Ring. I couldn't go to sleep after Isaw that one.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:42 AM   #51  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

We have been talking about scary movies and books.
Alot of people brought up Stephen King, well he had a show on tv tonight called "Desperation" did anyone watch it and what did you think?
I recorded it but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:04 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho
A must see is Salvador Dali's Un Chien Andalou. It really doesn't have a plot (it's a surrealist film) I'm not even sure video stores would carry it ~ I saw it at a film festival. There's a scene with a cow carcass on a piano that is unforgettable, not to mention the slicing of a eyeball in the first seconds of the film . . .
Ugh! Now I'm never going to get that image out of my head. That film traumatized even gore-loving 20-something me back in college!

Personally, although I am somewhat ashamed to admit it, The Blair Witch Project scared the living daylights out of me. Of course, I'd just come off a huge 100 hour week work project so I hadn't heard anything about it with my head buried in paperwork. Boy, was I suprised.

As for books, I just love to curl up with anything Lovecraft and drift off into his spooky realm. It's all so unbelievable, yet so "real" to me.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:25 AM   #53  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

The scariest movie I saw was an older movie, When a Stranger Calls BACK. It wasn't really gory scary, but psychologically scary! It really messes with your head and I just LOVE that!

I also love Amytiville (the new one was GREAT), Exorcist, Saw, Darkness Falls, The Others, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (new one), etc, etc......

I love scary movies, like I said esp. the ones that mess with your head! I love those!!!!

As for scary books, definately The Shining! I read that in Jr. high, totally freaked me out! lol.

*Flady*
Old 05-29-2006, 08:14 AM   #54  
ugggg.....

Talked to my 21 year old son and he says the scariest movie ever is "Footloose" with Kevin Bacon. J/K but he does hate Kevin Bacon...

He owns a huge collection of scary books and movies. His opinion is the best are original Exorcist, new Amityville Horror,the first and second Halloweens, the Hellraiser series, The Shining and Phantasm. He loves zombie movies and I got him "The Idiot's Guide to Zombies" this year for his birthdays--It's hilarious. His favorite zombie movie is 28 Days Later.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #55  

The BOOK titled IT by Stephen King. I read this book when I was about 28 years old and it freaked me out and creeped me out so bad! I worked at an office that had once been a house, so the frig was in the basement. I swear I skipped lunch one day because I was actually too afraid to go downstairs!

That is the scariest book ever. I have never ever been scared by any other book I've read, not even Salem's Lot or Carrie or what the heck is the one with Jack Nicholson at the deserted hotel? Anyway, It was IT.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #56  

Mine might have been Steven King's the Shining, but I've never been able to watch the whole thing!

My scariest movie I think is Silence of the Lambs, I was on the edge of my seat!
Old 07-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 135/132/102

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareh
Oh Saw! I spent most of my time with my face in a cushion!
If you thought Saw was bad... have you seen Hostel?! My gosh! That has to be about the goriest, most disgusting movie I have ever seen!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:12 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

I love scary movies! I don't watch gory hackem' up movies though. I like suspensfull movies that play on your senses and ghosts stories. I loved White Noise, both of The Ring's, The Boogy Man, The Haunting, and The Shining.
The one's that scared me as a kid were: Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween, Poltergeist, parts in the Labirynth, IT (I still won't watch that) and Pshyco.
The Grudge was the biggest let down ever!! And I was expecting The Village to be scary and boy was I wrong (it still was a good movie though).
Old 07-27-2006, 11:44 PM   #59  
hara hachi bu

I saw The Hills Have Eyes recently, and that was pretty creepy. The Serpent and the Rainbow was good. But oh! The Shining. Classic, excellent.

The scariest book ever, to me, was probably Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #60  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

I love horror/psychological thrillers, whether they are books or movies. I'm not such a fan of gore, but the psychological aspect gets me every time. I do like movies that make me jump and make my skin crawl. Books don't really scare me, but love the twists and turns in them.

Movies: 13 Ghosts (saw it in the theater.. wasn't so great when I watched it on DVD), SAW I&II (ditto), See No Evil (lots of gore, but wow), Pet Sematary, IT (ending definitely sucked, but the rest was great), Misery, HellRaiser(s), the original Nightmare On Elm Street, and the Puppetmasters. When I was probably 4 or 5, I remember my oldest sister rented a very scary movie, something about a mortuary, and that scared the crap out of me. Haven't ever found it since, but that was a lasting memory!

Books: Anything Koontz or King, Iris Johansen, GREG ISLES!, Stephen Woodworth, Hilary Mantel, and many, many more, but we'd be here forever trying to wade through the list :P
Closed Thread