General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 04:39 PM   #16  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

I met my boyfriend at University...we have been together for 6.5 years now.

I would suggest that if you want meet people (guys) maybe look in to take a class of some sort...anything really, maybe even be bold and take a class on fixing your car (cuz really every girl should know how to do that hahha) I dunno just an idea.

Or even go to the library and sit and read there. I sometimes sit and read the paper or magazines I always see guys there doing the same thing...
bookstores are good too!
Old 05-15-2006, 04:43 PM   #17  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

I met my husband at a bar but I don't share that with everyone LOL. When people ask, I just say 'through a friend' which is partially true LOL

I know LOTS and LOTS of people who have met online and are married. Techwife has some awesome advice!!

Lacey
Old 05-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

I met my bf of 9 years in an airport when i was in college. I was flying to LA for spring break and he was returning home from a business trip. We were both four hours early for our flight. I saw him as I was talkinging to my mom on the pay phone (yes before cells were so available) and i start laughing- she asks what was i laughing at and i tell her this really cute guy jsut caught me checking him out. She laughs and i go on my merry way - turns out we are at the same gate. He sits down right across from me and pretends to read the paper for 10 minutes! Finally he says something and we hit it off exchange emails and two months later he is flying back down to take me out on our first date. we were long distance for five years and have been in the same city for four and living together for 1.5 of those. It's been a wild and crazy ride but i wouldn't have changed it for the world. Just goes to show love will strike when you are least expecting it.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #19  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

I met my boyfriend online last year. We've been together since February and I'm making plans to move out with him (he lives in Connecticut, I live in Texas) later this year. Neither of us were looking for a relationship... it just sort of happened.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:22 PM   #20  
mom2cole

I met my husband when we were both 17, we are now 26. I was getting off of work one night and a girlfriend of mine was giving me a ride home. We were in her truck and she pointed out this cute guy that wouldn't give her the time of day, so I told her I could get his attention!! Well she pulled up next to him at a light and I started to talk to him, as we were driving! Well I got him to pull over and I asked him for his phone number. Two weeks later he hadn't called me and I saw him again in town and gave him a hard time about it and he then called me a few days later. We have been together since Jan 1, 1998! We are going to celebrate our 5th wedding aniversary on June 23rd.

My MIL met her future husband on Match.com so you can find the perfect one anywhere, keep your eyes open.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:00 AM   #21  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Met my husband at work, I was 17 and he was 19. I had just ended a nasty relationship and was laying low for awhile. I was hanging out with friends at a party when I saw him with some chick that for whatever reason hated me. I was the new girl,,,just moved to that area 4 months before,,, so anyways I yelled out hey watch out,,,you may catch something from her...(I know how nasty)
So a week later saw him at work and told him I know of a few friends that I could fix him up with cause the girl he was with (btw same name as me,,,,yuck) anyways did the blind date thing for him and my friend Candace. We double dated,,,me with this guy who kept asking me out. So the four of us went out,,,and well we ended up having so much fun. next day I told him the Candace didn't have fun...arghhh I know, nasty again. And then told Candace he didn't have fun. Then I went to make a move,,,but I was too late,,,he had already started dating another girl...*sigh So I waited it out,,,1 month,,,2 months,,,fine. I started dating this other guy from work, we went out a couple of times,,,no hanky panky or anything,,,lol I wasn't that type of girl. But he thought different, ever been in a situation where you feel like its hunting season and your the deer? I mean I was sitting there one moment the next I was flat on my back rolling around in the back yard of this house party. I was rolling around trying to escape the deer hunter...when you know who walks out? yup my *guy* he must of seen the desperation in my face cause he helped me up,,,and I went into the house with him,,,with him acting my body guard from the hunter. He later drove me home,,,told me his girlfriend and him broke up....ahhhh *grin
took another 2 weeks for me to actually say something to him,,,at yet another party. And well we celebrate our 20th year together this month.

so what I would say is work,,,work is the best place to meet guys...lol But watch out for the deer hunters....!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:36 AM   #22  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

My partner worked at the store next door to where I worked, and he'd come in on his lunches. I knew him for about a year before we started dating. One of my good friends met her current boyfriend on LavaLife personals - I actually had no idea how many young people do the on-line personals. Another friend met her boyfriend at university.... I guess the point is that it could be anyone, anywhere. It could be some guy in line in front of you at the bank, or it could be the guy who serves you coffee every morning - you just have to be open and willing to talk with people when they catch your eye - and make the first move! (i had to, or I don't think we'd ever have gotten together)... and I'd definitely advise against using the bar to meet guys - they're generally not looking for anything longer than one night. Good luck!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #23  

Met mine at post-secondary. Best years of my life..........

L
Old 05-16-2006, 02:47 PM   #24  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Mine is a long story but here is the condensed version:

I met my husband through a mutual friend and he also come into my work at the time. (I worked at Mickey D's). We just got to talking and just hit it off!

Also I know you probably hear this a lot, I know I did as a single person, but its true, "usually you'll find somebody when your not looking" and also "when you meet Mr. Right you'll know it!" I heard these so many times I could puke when i was single, but it was true!

So maybe to "find" someone, STOP looking! Just have fun! Be active, go out with your friends, talk to people and just have fun!

*Flady*
Old 05-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #25  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I met mine in a records store circa 1989 and yes they were selling actual records - cd's had not been invented yet Sound's like the tv show "That 80's show".

I would suggest you go to places that interest you so that you have a chance of meeting people who have similar interests.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #26  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

First DH met through mutual friends and we were happily married for 12 years. Was widowed at the ripe old age of 32. Second DH met through a personal ad/dating service called Country Connections. We wrote letters to each other for 6 months and then finally talked on the phone. And talked and talked...finally met in person and I moved to KS. Married 11 months later and have been married 7 years now. So I think it can work both ways...when you're not looking or expecting it to happen and when you are looking. I was with the Country Connections for about 3 or 4 years before meeting DH. But before that two years after being widowed I joined a dating service and that was a joke. IT worked for some but sure didn't work for me. I quit going to the place a few months into it but still had to pay for the rest of the years contract. I've heard a lot of people that have met their DH's online and they are happily married. But then I have a friend who is still searching online. Another friend who met her DB at a bar...not working out. So who knows. I think it could happen anywhere at any time.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:00 PM   #27  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
I met mine in a records store circa 1989 and yes they were selling actual records - cd's had not been invented yet Sound's like the tv show "That 80's show".
At least it was in a record store. People here might still remember those. But when I start talking about 8 tracks, I wonder how many will relate.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #28  
Searching for balance

S/C/G: 247/241.2/150

Height: 5'6 - Female

Shelley and I met Feb 2003 when I got hired at the hospital she worked at. I met her my first day there when I was being shown around. I thought she was HOT and we became friends. We were both in relationships at the time that were doing their own slow deaths. One day at work our friend Erika commented to me not to flirt with Shelley so much. I decided if I was being so obvious that I should say something to Shelley about my feelings for her. So I did one evening on our break. We stayed up all night messaging each other. The next day she was off work and came to see me on my evening break and she kissed me. That was it..........we've been together ever since. We'll celebrate 2 years June 20.

Shannon
Old 05-16-2006, 09:12 PM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I met my first wife at a bowling alley ~ I was in a league and my team was practicing ~ she was there with her family for her sister's birthday ~ married almost 11 years 2 great kids together ~ still good friends ~ her and my wife do a lot together ~ didn't know each other at all until I started dating my wife ~ we met through a Christian singles paper ~ been married 10 years ~ she reads every one of my posts! we are best friends!

TECHWIFE will hate me for this ~ she is always turning down my advances ~ but at least NOW I know why
I suggest going to a large CHURCH that has a lot of activities for people your age ~ go to group things first!!

TECHWIFE ~ my brother's girlfriend of 2 years left him for "another woman" years ago ~ they have been "married" for 10 years!!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:13 PM   #30  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Turtle chimes in

Met my Pooh Bear on line. Back when Love @ AOL was free. We've been together five years and we are engaged and very happy. This was a good while after a bad VERY BAD marriage (which was started through an EX friend fixing my ex husband and I up) and a thankfully swift divorce. That marriage only lasted less than four years. I didn't think anyone else would want me, I was miserable and near 400 pounds, I settled. He lied cheated and WORSE!
Now that I have my cuddly Pooh Bear, I know it's not about settling, it's about finding someone that loves you for YOU. Some of you might know my ex, his goes by Scott, but most people know him as SATAN! Just kidding. Well, no, actually I'm not.
Closed Thread