3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   I am being overly sensitive?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/78448-i-am-being-overly-sensitive.html)

hellokitty81668 03-09-2006 12:43 PM

I am being overly sensitive??

I am upset right now. Sorry for this being so long . Ok I belong to a hurricane Katrina Support group in my area( about 6-7 families get together and meet , talk, share news ect, it used to be more families but people are dropping out with times). A women in the area donated $1000 for the group to use( I know this for a fact, because this women told me) , we talked about and could not come up with an agreement, because the women who started the group I will call "N" wanted everyone to go out to dinner, or do things as a group, many of us wanted to split the money up among us for gas, food ect( we all have still not heard from FEMA and having a difficult time), well she claims that since it was donated to the Red Cross for our group( we meet at the red cross building after hours), that we can't get the money split, because we would have to split it up among all the people who are from Katrina. N said 2 weeks ago since we can't agree we could return it to the person who donated it and she would split it up, now last week she took it upon herself to hire a person who gives massages and she is paying her almost half the $1000 to come back for 3 more weeks, and she in the note she sends out weekly she wants us to vote what to do with the rest of the money, and she has included things that we have not agreed upon, plus she underlines in my letter that the money is for all the people from Katrina here( I brought the fact up a few weeks ago that the money was given to the people of the group who attend it weekly). Is she being a B*tch or what? I do not have the money for gas to go where she wants us to go, plus I would need money for food, spending ect...... so I am just not going to go anymore. I have brought lots of info to the group, and helped them alot, I am just so angry about this, and trying not to go into an eating frenzy.
Am I wrong to be upset, should I just let this pass and go, or not go anymore( what I am planning on doing) to the group, and send this women an email saying I am sorry I won't be attending the group anymore, but I do not have the gas money to come? What do you thing??

4myloves 03-09-2006 01:34 PM

I think the money was given to the group, it should be split among its CURRENT members to be used as they need to use it.

If I donated $1,000 to people in need I would want it to be used for things like gas, food (GROCERIES), etc. NECESSITIES.

Massage therapy is not a necessity, IMO.

This lady is being a control freak.

QuilterInVA 03-09-2006 02:14 PM

I would have the donee get in touch with this slimball and tell her to return the full $1000 or equally split it up or use it for necessities, not massages. When I hear stuff like that, I think why did I donate -

Margarita 03-11-2006 04:22 PM

I have to agree with Quilter. The person who donated the money should be made aware of how it's being used. This isn't in the spirit of being a tattle-tale, but rather, to help the donor make a better-informed decision next time she wants to be helpful. If there are several of you in the group who feel the same way, perhaps you should contact the donor as a group.

Depending on how your group is set up, you might also consider calling an emergency meeting to elect a new group treasurer (or whatever office N now holds).

~lookin for lean~ 03-11-2006 08:26 PM

I'm with them. Don't quit and if can get the donor to be aware of what is going on. If nothing else, call the Red Cross and tell them..maybe they can intervene.