General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:09 PM   #76  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

I thought I could be one of the queens of weird eating, well, until I found this thread.
  • I like the room-temp beans (usually eat them warm now) .. I eat raviolios *now* that way!
  • I eat cereal without milk.
  • I used to eat mashed potatoes with ketchup or ketchup sandwiches.
  • Even now I can put ketchup on mac and cheese and like it a lot. I just love ketchup!
  • I used to eat the bolonga and ketchup sandwiches.
  • I can eat peanut butter and bananas (well lately bananas are too sweet for me).
  • I can eat peanut butter sandwiches (jelly is definitely too sweet for me but I love jam!)
  • I used to put chips on my sandwich which I probably would still do if I ate chips! Chips, ketchup, cheese, and bologna.. just doesn't sound appealing anymore.

Mmm.. cheese. Mmm ketchup. I don't think I could eat uncooked noodles though, I like them squishy. Probably more I'm just not thinking off!!

Last edited by pixiefalls; 02-27-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #77  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

These are some awesome stories! It shoudl be a book. I love the spoiler alerts too
Old 02-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Kool aid powder-yes! But I made my own flavors by using a sucker I got from the bank.

Cookie dough and bread dough were good too. Shoot, why waste the time cooking them when you were hungry?

Monkey bread from the pop out biscuits rolled in butter and cinnamon-sugar, stuck together and baked with more butter and sugar sprinkled over the top..(who am I kidding? poured over the top drowning the biscuits) MMMMM....I need to stop reading this thread, I'm having cravings for things I haven't even thought about in years.

Sarah
Old 02-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #79  

This is not "mine" (really), but I had a friend who ate dry dog food. He always carried a handful of it in his pocket and every now-and-then would eat a couple of pieces.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:17 PM   #80  
with my mind on my monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself
This is not "mine" (really), but I had a friend who ate dry dog food. He always carried a handful of it in his pocket and every now-and-then would eat a couple of pieces.
Ew, that's horrible! I took a bite of a dog biscuit as a child, but it tasted so bad I had to spit it out! The pocketful of dog food has to be the winner (?!?) of this thread!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #81  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL yah I agree... the dog food trumps them all!

I used to eat lilacs and other flowers... I have heard since that they are poisonous but I am still alive LOL.

Dance
Old 02-28-2006, 08:56 PM   #82  
with my mind on my monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dance4joy
I used to eat lilacs and other flowers... I have heard since that they are poisonous but I am still alive LOL.

Dance
...and while we're talking about flowers, honeysuckle and dandelions are also tasty
Old 02-28-2006, 09:32 PM   #83  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey this thread is awesome!

Here are a few of my childhood foods:

whenever we went to swiss chalet, I would use the bread roll that came with the meal and make a chicken and fries sandwhich with Katchup

ants on a log--PB and rasins on celery!!! yum

spam and katchup

beans and hotdogs
fries dipped in milksahes... I still do this with wendys fries and frosty! yummy!!!!

cucumber soaked with salt and vinegar
Old 03-01-2006, 01:22 AM   #84  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryMonkey
...and while we're talking about flowers, honeysuckle and dandelions are also tasty
You know.... a few years ago I tried honeysuckle when I was visiting family in the country in Missouri... and it was terrible... just plain tasteless. Now WHAT was the attraction back then?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
You know.... a few years ago I tried honeysuckle when I was visiting family in the country in Missouri... and it was terrible... just plain tasteless. Now WHAT was the attraction back then?
If they are fresh, the center -the stamen (?trying to remember plant biology) is slightly sweet. Maybe it depends on the time of the year also. When we were kids we'd eat honesuckles when we visited my grandparents in the country (hey, in Missouri also-small world)

My mother gave up planting peas and grean beans because I'd eat them out of the garden raw right off the plants. Mom could not understand why they never grew.

Sarah
Old 03-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #86  
Collie Mommie

I loved Kraft singles with mustard squirted all over them. Or mustard on a finger (just squirted out lines on my index finger and licked them off). And pickle juice. And I always used to put more salt and vinegar on "salt & vinegar" flavored chips.

In fact, my mouth started watering just now thinking about the sour snacks I used to eat as a kid.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #87  
Never give up

S/C/G: 298/230/150

I also love baked beans cold or beans right out of the can. When I was a kid that was a treat cold baked bean sandwiches.
My weirdest childhood snack however was a fried egg with peanut butter sandwich. My friends would turn their nose up at them but once they would try a bite they wanted one to. Also.. I still crave a fried bologna with peanut butter and a slice of sweet onion. Ok I better stop now im getting hungry.

Lynn
Old 03-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #88  

I used to snack on the red licorice whips-the long thin strands. I used to tie a knot at the end, swallow it and pull it back up...yuck!

I once tied a salt shaker in our apple tree and used to sit up on a branch and eat apples with salt, while spying on the neighbor boys!
Old 03-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 245/130/125

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalai_lala
Here's one my grandma taught me, made them for me almost every day in kindergarten. Mix peanut butter with honey and butter and spread on sandwich bread. It's not that it's gross, but I've never met anyone else who had eaten this.
I did, I did!!! I still have it about once a year. My grandfather use to make me a sandwich with banana, mozzarella and rye bread.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #90  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

grilled PB sandwich (like grilled cheese, only with PB) - new variation is with cinnamon sprinkled on it

still eat cinnamon toast on the weekends - yummy!

rice crispie sandwich - just two smashed together and eaten...
Closed Thread