Anybody been a mother of the bride lately?

• I don't know why I got a bee in my bonnet to go looking at dresses on the internet today. I solemnly swore to myself that I was waiting until the spring stuff was out in stores. But UGH! the things they think a mother of the bride should wear!
    Did or do you have something nice for Spring? Got a link?
    Can you even recommend a designer or site?
  • http://www.lilibridals.com/mob.htm
  • also try cybergown.com
  • I was a mother of the bride in October. I, too, looked on line and everything was either very matronly or WAY too young! Nothing in the middle, like me at age 52. I finally broke down and went to the mall and found the perfect dress at Dillard's. I don't know if you have a Dillard's where you are. What I did find also, and you probably will too, is that there is NO way I could have ordered a dress on line and had it fit unless I ordered about four or five sizes. I tried on everything from a 10 (which fit) to a 16 (which also fit). I normally wear a 12 in regular clothes and haven't found quite the size differences that there are in more formal clothes. So if you order on line, give yourself lots of time!

Congratulations by the way!
  • Thanks ladies. I'm going to the States visiting next week and I think we're going to a Dillards. I actually did find something online at Talbots. I'll have to find one of those too.
    I hear you about the matronly thing!
    And I have no idea what size I wear now either.