General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 10:37 PM   #1  

Default what is the best movie you have seen lately?

what is your all time favorite move?

Best movie I have seen lately is

WALK THE LINE

Best ever?

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

LIZ
Old 01-27-2006, 10:51 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Yeah, I'm with you on Walk the Line for lately.

For best ever? I would have to say that I have no clue, I will have to think quite a bit about that one.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:04 PM   #3  

Wow best one that's new is hard. I have uet to see walk the line or munich. I've seen like 10 min of syriana and it looked good, but have yet to see it all. I have seen a number of new movies but since I don't usually pick or have to choose shorter movies due to time constraints I gotta say a lot of them have been bad. The last decent one that turned out to be good to my suprise was MAtch Point. I am not a woody allen fan, in truth I hate his movies. I keep hearing praises on his works but I just flat out don't like them. I have seen at least 4 of his movies in the past and I hated them all. This one though was very good. It switched from one type of movie to another half way through in a way and the last 20 or 30 min. was really really good. First thumbs up for a woody allen film from me. never thought I would have even thought that would happen.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:26 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Recently, would be American History X (I almost never go to the theater).

All time - I have to say Lawrence of Arabia. Runners up - Antonia's Line and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:33 PM   #5  

Default No. 1 All Time Fav. is "The Passion of the Christ"

Well since I haven't been to the Movies in such a long time, I'll just go with the one I watched on Satellite....."The Notebook"....

Best No. 1 of all time....."The Passion of the Christ".

Next, "The Color Purple".
Old 01-27-2006, 11:43 PM   #6  
Determined

The Constant Gardner - thought provoking and beautifully acted.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:20 AM   #7  
resident lactivist

Well, keep in mind I don't get out to the theater with 3 under 4, but we just bought a new DVD player, so we've been catching up with movies lately. The best I've seen in a while is "Love, Actually," a British film that came out I think at the end of '04. Hilarious and yet sweet all at the same time.

My all-time favorite, however, is still "Spaceballs." No one does comedy better than Mel Brooks.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:00 AM   #8  
ugggg.....

rewatched "Rear Window" the Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly - awesome movie

Some other favs- Almost Famous with Kate Hudson and While you were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock
Old 01-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

I have to agree about "Brokeback Mountain". I saw this just last night and I can't stop thinking about it. It was a great story & well acted.

Lynn
Old 01-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #10  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Batman Begins is a really great movie, IMO. Definitely one of my favorite of newer ones. Close being is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

My favorite movie of all time, though, would definitely have to be Lord of the Rings (Return of the King, if I have to be specific). Love the books, love the movies... come on, if Orlando Bloom is in it, I am SO there.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

The "best" movie ever that I have seen recently (on DVD) is my two favs, While You Were Sleeping and Sleepless in Seattle! I LOVE those two movies and watch them over and over and over. But...going to the show...just saw HOSTEL and it was pretty good. It was funny, a little scary and gross. But then I like movies like that. Have yet to see Brokeback Mountain, may do that next week before it goes off. Speaking of Jake...I saw him in JARHEAD and that was pretty good. Also, saw SAW II, another good one. Honestly though, I can't really say there has been a BEST movie lately, on at the show that is. I haven't really seen one that I would actually buy the DVD and watch over and over. Hasn't been a whole lot on that I want to see and could describe as a "best".
Old 01-28-2006, 01:10 PM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good movies are few and far between, but the best Ive seen recently was Narnia! Very very good!
Old 01-28-2006, 11:28 PM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

Jules, you have good taste in movies!

I really haven't watched any of the latest movies. I tend to wait until they're on DVD for a number of reasons.

But all time favorites? I'll try to come up with five:

1. Heathers
2. Office Space
3. Blues Brothers
4. Steel Magnolias (yes, I cry every time!)
5. Remember the Titans (mostly because my hubby and I were extras!)

Cindy B.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:50 AM   #14  

I saw Munich yesterday. I went because I love Eric Bana and remember him from his days as a stand up comedian. I thought it was well acted and directed, but it was a bit too one sided for my liking and I thought it justified counter terrorism, and made constant excuses for the behaviour of the Israeli's. But Daniel Craig's startling blue eyes kept me distracted from the moanings of my conscience!!!

I'm yet to see Brokeback Mountain, and Walk the Line doesn't start here til next week!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:43 AM   #15  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

HMMM..i am real far behind here on movies cuz i havent seen alot of those. My all time favs are ANYTHING with nicholas cage and morgan freeman. I just finally watch lord of the rings though and i LOVED them!
Closed Thread