General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #1  

Question Vein Surgery

Has anybody here ever had a vein stripped from your leg? I will be getting this done some day. What's it like?
Old 02-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #2  
Meg

I did (both legs, but not at the same time). It was same day surgery, done under general anesthesia. I woke up with my leg wrapped ankle to hip in Ace bandages. No pain to speak of, though lots of swelling and bruising. I took the next day off from the gym and then walked for an hour every day after that, though really couldn't bend my knee very well due to the Ace bandages. I got unwrapped a week later and the swelling and bruising slowly faded.

All in all, it wasn't as bad as I expected. My legs still swell due to chronic venous insufficiency and I need to wear compression stockings most of the time, especially in the gym.

What else would you like to know?
Old 02-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #3  

Smile

Meg,
Thanks alot for the information. I appreciate it.
I don't know when I'll be getting this done. We have a long wait list here in Canada. I can't even get an office visit with the surgeon until June So, I'm thinking next fall it will get done.

Jill
Old 02-09-2006, 11:40 PM   #4  

Has anybody ever had your varicose vein injected with something to make it shrink and die? I've heard it's the new way to go and I'm curious.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:51 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ive had both,,,the surgery,,,on both legs at the same time. And then 6 months later I went in and got a couple veins injected. The injections hurt more then the surgery.
My veins are just as bad as before,,,my family all have it.
Closed Thread