General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #1  
She

Default Skin Darkening Lotions

Has anyone tried any of those skin darkening lotions and been satisfied with the results? If so, what brand(s) did you use? I just purchased a bottle of Jergen's which is supposed to make you look tan (Hopefully not orange!). I'm only using it on my legs. I have ivory white skin and the veins tend to stand out with so little pigmentation. I'm hoping to achieve a pantyhose-esque look without sacrificing my legs to the melanoma / wrinkle gods.

~Julie
Old 02-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #2  

i really like jergens natural glow (which i think is what you're using). you definitely need to let it dry (i put mine on after the shower). i think it works pretty well, and some people say it has a smell, but it doesn't bother me.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #3  

I use both the Jergens and Olay lotions. The Jergens, I think, gives a slightly darker result, but it stinks a lot more. Anyway, they don't make me look tan, really, but there is some color. I have really white skin and I think the lotion makes me look normal and healthy, as if I actually have some blood running through me. Also, they cover up all my stretch marks. So, I wouldn't expect great results, but if you're looking for a hint of color you should be pleased.

-t
Old 02-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

It's not the orange of the original sunless tanners? And do you have to be careful about washing it off your palms so you don't have tanned palms? That was the hard part, to wash it off the palms without leaving strange streaks on the back of the hands.

Sarah
Old 02-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #5  
mom2cole

I am about as white as they come and everytime that I used a self tanner it just turns me orange, but on a whim I decided to try the Jergens Natural glow for light skin and it actually works pretty well. It gave me some color but not quite a tan. It made my pasty white legs look a heck of a lot better! Just what out on rough areas of skin, knees, because it tends to go darker there. I give it two thumbs up.
Erika
Closed Thread